1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skaven 1.1m Skaven

Discussion in 'NAF Resurrection Tournament Tactics' started by danton, Jan 20, 2020.

1. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Another team I am considering for a NAF tournament in a couple of months is Skaven. 1.1m and 6 normal skills. Am intrigued by a roster with Glart Jr:

2 Blitzers (Guard on one)
    4 Gutters (Block, Wrestle x2 and Kick)
    Thrower (Leader)
    4 linerats
    Glart Jr
    2 re-rolls
    2 FF

Another option is to go with the Rogre instead of Glart, as that means I can add an Apo, but Glart Jr should be a much more reliable piece than a vanilla Rogre.

Have seen people take Strip Ball on a GR for similar builds, but it seems very situational to me. Thoughts?

2. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Hmm, I think I'd rather have an MB to blitz with than a naked claw against every team except orcs. Doesn't have to be a rogre, could be MB on a blitzer instead of guard. Actually with Glart on the team you have less need of the guard cause you have that str 4 to blitz holes with so in any case I think I'd swap guard for mb on a blitzer.

3. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    I guess I normally value Guard over MB generally, but you have more experience with Skaven than I do! I suppose I like skills that don’t rely on dice rolls to be useful! :p

Edit: could drop Wrestle from one GR and have one Blitzer with Guard and one with MB?

4. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    I am quite uncertain of my idea as well, but what if you drop 1 gutter runner and both FF for linerat and apo? Rats might need more players than 12 so apo fixes that. That way you also free a skill slot from a runner to blitzer. That said 4 gutters is great, but it's probably doable with only 3?

Choosing either Glart is an excellent choice in my opinion. Popular pick in skaven/UDW teams and you shouldn't need rogre as TravelScrabble said.

For skill choices I think mb and guard blitzer, leader thrower as well as kick, block and wrestle runners make sense like you've discussed. Variety of different skills seems sensible here spread on players.

Strip seems situational indeed. Hard to use without leap and so much sure hands around. If you force opponent to drop the ball you probably score anyways so no need to strip any more..

Hopefully this wasn't nonsense by me at all. Whatever you decide, have a blast with rats in the tournament. :)

5. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    That does make sense for sure and the more I think about it the more I like it! :)

Supa likes this.