1 More Day! (For new Blood Bowl Boxed set)

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Personally, I think the way to fix Piling On is to have it work like a Foul action, so if you get doubles on the armor or injury roll, the player is ejected. (This is not my original idea. I've seen Nikolai II suggest this, and maybe other people as well.)

I haven't seen anybody else suggest it than us two that I can remember right now. And I've suggested a lot of things. :D

But what I'd suggest for Piling On right now would probably be "Piling On is a foul action, but slightly more difficult to detect. You can reroll either Armor or Injury roll by placing your player prone, but if the armor roll (either, if rerolled) shows doubles, your player is sent off and your turn ends".

sbr32

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
sbr32
Country Flag
It means linemen are going to be leveling up quicker.

Or slower, depending on the team.

I am playing Necro in our TT league and if we adopt this rule on MVPs I would go with 2 Golems and a Wight almost time. Ghouls and Wolves take care of themselves (though may get a shot if they end up within an MVP of a level); I might put a Zombie up too if my DP dies and I have another one at 2SPP.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Yea, Yehetees, Treemen, Mummies, Saurii, Nurgle Warriors, various dwarf blockers - zquillions of non-linemen players that gain a lot from a skill or two but otherwise skill slowly.

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
I think the best nerf to CL-POMB would be to ban PO from CLAW players. Then orcs and other nasties could still use PO to smash each other up so we the treehuggers can win :)

coachman

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
bjj hero
Country Flag
I haven't seen anybody else suggest it than us two that I can remember right now. And I've suggested a lot of things. :D

But what I'd suggest for Piling On right now would probably be "Piling On is a foul action, but slightly more difficult to detect. You can reroll either Armor or Injury roll by placing your player prone, but if the armor roll (either, if rerolled) shows doubles, your player is sent off and your turn ends".

Id suggest piling on as a massive hit, similar to spear tackles which are banned in the nfl.

The piling on rule would work as the 'classic' version with the addition that an unmodified armour roll is made for the attacker which could potentially lead to an armour break and injury etc.

Injuring yourself in this way would not cause a turn over.

PO still works, there is just more risk involved now.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Id suggest piling on as a massive hit, similar to spear tackles which are banned in the nfl.

The piling on rule would work as the 'classic' version with the addition that an unmodified armour roll is made for the attacker which could potentially lead to an armour break and injury etc.

Injuring yourself in this way would not cause a turn over.

PO still works, there is just more risk involved now.
I like that idea.

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
I would certainly limit PO to high value targets and not the every turn on anyone skill it is now...