1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics 1fst skill on a Ghoul ... ?

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Louis, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Louis

Louis New Member

Country Flag:
    Hey all,

Same question as before...but instead of a wight, now I have a ghoul to level up.

I'm torn between:

Sure hands (save a reroll - protects from strip ball that no one has so far)

Block, for it to become a third dedicated blitzer

Wrestle to become a ball hunter (3 other players from 3 different teams have elected to take wrestle on a first skill)

I'm sure other ghouls will level up...but how do I get optimal results from this frist level up ghoul in your opinion ?

Thanks again !

So far I'm 2-0-0 woooo !

2. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I would take wrestle unless there are strip ball wardancers around.
    I would want 2 wrestle tackle , a block guard and a block surehands.
    Start with the wrestle one as it lets another ghoul carry the ball.
    1st double gets guard. Take sure hands as a 2nd skill on the block ghoul that doesn't roll a double.
    By saving the sure hands until later you get to spread the SPP around.
    Once you get a surehands ghoul he scores most of the TD's.

3. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    And gives the opportunity to roll +AG on someone before committing to sure hands.

4. DireSickFish

DireSickFish Active Member

Steam Username:
    SickFish
    Cyanide Username:
    DireSickFish
    Country Flag:
    I'd go block, then get Wrestle on your next one. Having a reliable ball carrier is more important than having a reliable ball sacker IMO. Would only go SH if you planned on facing a LOT of strip ball soon.

5. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    Generally if its a ghoul's first skill, your other ghoul's are skill-less, and the team is new I would take block. Against new teams block is extremely useful as you don't have as many other players with block that can counter it. It also protects a ball carrier from spilling the ball (whereas wrestle does not).

If you already have other ghouls or the teams you are playing against are developed then it may matter what you're playing against.

I agree with Tys on how you want the ghouls to turn out, I just slightly disagree that a sacker is more important than the added hitting power and defensive position block will give you right away. Tys knows his stuff though. In either case block or wrestle is more important than sure hands right away, just make sure you keep some players back by the ball when you receive and don't leave one ghoul isolated.

6. Louis

Louis New Member

Country Flag:
    Well haha the very first roll I obtained was a double !

I followed your recommandations gentlemen and gave my first upgraded ghoul the GUARD skill.
    If all goes well, I should be able to upgrade two more ghouls next game.

A lot of teams are starting to have dedicated ball handlers and receivers that sport the skill dodge. I'm goin to go tackle instead of MB for my second skills with my Wights.

So farmy upgrades are:

zombie with Dirty player
    Wight with Dodge
    Wight with Guard
    Ghoul with Guard

Not bad, but I don't have a lot of block, and no tackle for that matter...

Thanks again everyone for your reccomandations !

7. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    Priority number 1 is get that guard ghoul block!

8. Louis

Louis New Member

Country Flag:
    Woohoo ! 4th win in a row !

A mummy got the MVP and lvl up. Gave it Break tackle to be able to bring it a bit closer to the action.
    Lvl up with a zombie (they managed much of the casualties so far...) - gave it Block because it's going to stay on the LoS most of the time. Perhaps it'll stay up longer or cause turn overs...
    Lvl up with another Ghoul. Gave it block as well.

Thanks FAV, I'll get a few TD its way next game, hopefully to get an increase...