1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chaos Dwarf 3rd skill on a Bull Centaur

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by okkam, Feb 11, 2012.

1. okkam

okkam New Member

Country Flag:
    I just got my 3rd skill on a Bull Centaur. He's got Block and Break Tackle. I'm torn between Mighty Blow and Tackle. I can see the advantages of Mighty Blow, but you have to actually knock them down first to use it. What do you guys think?

2. maiais

maiais Member

Country Flag:
    well let me ask you this do you face bash teams more or agia teams? or roughly the same amount?

me personally id go for MB in general the way i see it is if you get the numbers advantage your ace's especially if your playing against and agility team(iv lost so many games with my skaven because my rats were torn apart) MB's also a nice bit of insurance for keeping high AV bash players down if only long enough for you to scoot away;)

3. okkam

okkam New Member

Country Flag:
    Ours is a very bash heavy league. We will have a few elf teams next time, but still a high amount of orcs, dwarves, etc.

4. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Also, MB works on everyone, tackle only on dodgers, so MB will get you to next level faster, when you can reconsider getting tackle if it feels needed.

5. Jasper

Jasper Member

Country Flag:
    Depends on what the other players on your team have. Do you already have any players with Mighty Blow and/or Tackle?

Also, do you carry the ball with your Bulls, or your Hobgoblins?

6. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    A good skill for a bull is sure hands, picks up the ball 75 % of the time and he is a pain to steal the ball from:D

7. Morgred

Morgred Member

Country Flag:
    I agree with Netsmurf.. Sure hands is a great skill for them.

But if you carry the ball with hobo's then i think some thought should go into Strip Ball. As bulls do the majority of your blitzing and their high movement gives the opposition a lot to think about.

8. Metalsvinet

Metalsvinet New Member

I really like to have a mobile tackler in a CD team and with block, ST4, high MA and BT he's perfect for the job. MB after that, unless you roll a double or a stat increase.

I had the same doubt in my CD team when the bulls got to the third skill, but never regretted taking tackle on one of them.

Edit. When your bulls have reached 3 skills, most of the opposing teams will have a sure hands ball carrier, so to me strip ball is a waste.

9. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    No suggestions for Frenzy, yet? Not even from Netsmurf?

Looking for :pow: from four block dice - as opposed to :pow::powdodge: from two - is a wash. But now you have the additional threat of surfing for the other guy to worry about. Plus ST4 is a huge boon for a Frenzier, as it makes it much easier to guarantee full strength blocking on the follow-up.

10. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Im trying to be modern and on the beat instead of just doing what is right:p

11. Metalsvinet

Metalsvinet New Member

Well frenzy could be nice, but also dangerous if you use the bull as a ball carrier once in a while.