mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
I put sure hands on both my st 4 hobos.
Don’t wanna risk a match without sure hands at high tv..

Nerds be leaping into the cage every turn otherwise..
Ah, tough choice. All are good skills.
But, since I tend to live from one match to another, I'll go with Tackle on the Hobo as the next best thing to bring down those nasty rats.
The steal from us, they steal! (here you supposed to imagine that in Gollum's voice) :p

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Here is how it stands after the last game:
upload_2018-12-13_22-30-23.png

Bull rolled normal, so I am thinking Block, although Mighti Blow sounds pretty attractive too.
All famous Teuful rolled double for the 3rd time, so here I am thinking Prehensile Tail, or perhaps Tentacles.
Thoughts?

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
Teuful has claw and horns. Why would he want a tail or tents?
MB , Pile On and Jump up would be perfect but you don't want JU when he wants another 44 SPP to get the combo and already has a niggle so may not live that long.
So ignore the double and just take MB. He can always jus take Juggs or Frenzy if he gets to 76 without another double.

Block on the bull is great. MB is OK but will you be blitzing with the block tackle bull or the one with neither.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Teuful has claw and horns. Why would he want a tail or tents?
MB , Pile On and Jump up would be perfect but you don't want JU when he wants another 44 SPP to get the combo and already has a niggle so may not live that long.
So ignore the double and just take MB. He can always jus take Juggs or Frenzy if he gets to 76 without another double.

Block on the bull is great. MB is OK but will you be blitzing with the block tackle bull or the one with neither.
Yeah, Bull needs Block, MB will be later one then.

On the Blocker, I know Tail or Tents does not make much sense logically. He is one of my main blitzers, so adding these two skills don't make much sense.
It was just for fun fluff: the true devil with horns and tail. Wish there were hoofs too! :) Sometimes I need that, y'all are too serious about winning all the time, where is fun?
I honestly did not think he would live that long with niggle and the least rolls 3 doubles. Just for that I think he deserves the tail.
But I may go the reasonable "standard dwarven" way and give him MB after all... Shame, to pass on Double...

Thanks @tys123

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
If you really want to use the double then Tents is awful with ST3 and Diving Tackle is better than the Tail.
Foul Appearance is probably the best mutation.
MB is the sensible choice though.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
If you really want to use the double then Tents is awful with ST3 and Diving Tackle is better than the Tail.
Foul Appearance is probably the best mutation.
MB is the sensible choice though.
I'd prefer Tail in his case because of his Niggle instead of Diving Tackle that will put him on the ground for fouling.
MB is the sensible choice, but Tail does not seem too bad especially when I still going to play another Skaven and Kislev (and Norse) this season.
I am torn between those 2 choices.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
Diving tackle doesn't really put you on the ground for fouling as it is a turnover unless they reroll for an AG4 having a 50% chance of making the dodge.
Also if they are dodging away they are unlikely to stick around to foul.

Best way to beat Skaven , Norse or Kislev is to take the players off the pitch with MB.

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
Diving tackle doesn't really put you on the ground for fouling as it is a turnover unless they reroll for an AG4 having a 50% chance of making the dodge.

Best way to beat Skaven , Norse or Kislev is to take the players off the pitch with MB.

Yeah that is certainly the way to beat Norse. Get removals. If you don't, you are gonna get removed.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag

It certainly paid off to get MB. In last crazy games against over-Guarded Orks, Teuful scored 3 casualties. 2nd half started with 8 Orks vs 4 Dwarves, but with Teuful skills it ended with 4vs4.

Anyway, his cousin Diable got an MVP and is due for a level up. That injury on him is MNG, so nothing permanent.
He rolled normal on level up, so I am thinking Piling On. Grab is also not too bad. What do you say?
upload_2018-12-27_14-35-18.png

Last edited:

Sataric

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Sataric
Cyanide Username
Sataric
Country Flag
He rolled double on level up, so I am thinking Piling On. Grab is also not too bad. What do you say?

Did you write that incorrectly, mate? If he rolled Double you've got to go Claw. :p

Sataric

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Sataric
Cyanide Username
Sataric
Country Flag
Ah my bad. I wish it was double, but it is normal. Fixed the post.

Hehe. Kind of figured! :D

With my Chaos Dwarf team, I went with multiple Grabs and then Frenzy on one of the bulls in order to make the sideline pushes much scarier for my opponents. It has certainly worked out in my favour, and it's especially useful against Side-Steppers (who are countered by Grab even if you Blitz) - However, it's undeniable that I get a lot more value out of the skills that cause additional injuries overall, even though they can be seen as the standard cookie-cutter choices. Grab can oftentimes allow you to take additional punches by turning a Push into a punching opportunity for another player, but this only works well if you keep your Dwarfs in a very tight formation, and we're talking on average maybe 2-3 extra punches per match and Grab. It also helps you set up superior fouls by making the body fall in the exact spot you want, but it's unlikely that your opponent has left his best pieces in contact range with your Grabbers, so it's not quite as helpful as it may sound. A well-placed Piling On can turn a whole match around, and is thus probably the superior choice.

You also have to keep in mind that if this particular Dwarf rolls Doubles at 76 SPP, and thus earns his Claws, you'll be sad you don't have Piling On for another 100 SPP in case you skip it now.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
It does seem rather strange saying Claw MB is amazing so I am not going to take it.
LOL, it does, doesn't it?
Hehe. Kind of figured! :D

With my Chaos Dwarf team, I went with multiple Grabs and then Frenzy on one of the bulls in order to make the sideline pushes much scarier for my opponents. It has certainly worked out in my favour, and it's especially useful against Side-Steppers (who are countered by Grab even if you Blitz) - However, it's undeniable that I get a lot more value out of the skills that cause additional injuries overall, even though they can be seen as the standard cookie-cutter choices. Grab can oftentimes allow you to take additional punches by turning a Push into a punching opportunity for another player, but this only works well if you keep your Dwarfs in a very tight formation, and we're talking on average maybe 2-3 extra punches per match and Grab. It also helps you set up superior fouls by making the body fall in the exact spot you want, but it's unlikely that your opponent has left his best pieces in contact range with your Grabbers, so it's not quite as helpful as it may sound. A well-placed Piling On can turn a whole match around, and is thus probably the superior choice.

You also have to keep in mind that if this particular Dwarf rolls Doubles at 76 SPP, and thus earns his Claws, you'll be sad you don't have Piling On for another 100 SPP in case you skip it now.
Thanks for the strategically outlined details. Piling On is for sure superior choice for a dwarf who dreams to eliminate his opponent from the field. :D

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
unknown.png

The unbelievable thing happened. Teufel rolled Doubles on his level up 4 out of 4 times. Nuffle, you just teasing me...
Last time he got MB after Horns and Claws to strengthen the team before a tough season. Public demanded Prehensile Tail, and it was promised if Teufel will roll Doubles ever again.
And so he did.

But in reality, what would be a good skill?
upload_2019-3-26_22-31-14.png

PO is not due to the Niggle. Frenzy? Guard? Or Tail after all? It'll make him a real devil! At least looking the part. :D