1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4th Wall Breakers

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Blasscend, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    So, for CTALE, or just CTA and later use if I´m too late, I´ve decided to use yet another human team.

Theme is, as pretty obvious, characters in games/books/whatever breaking the 4th wall.
    I know a few: Travis Touchdown, Jeane, Sylvia (all 3 from No more heroes, sadly 2 wouldn´t fit in a human team or just if I give all the catchers or such female names), Dante from DMC, Manny Calavera (not in his own game, but a Monkey Island one), Conker, Kefka (in Dissidia), Duke Nukem, of course DEADPOOL (love that guy since my childhood) and that´s where I run out of ideas. Any suggestions?

2. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    Agent X (make both him and Deadpool as blitzers and skill them up identically)

3. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    Noted and will be added. Now if I add the 2 female characters as catcher names we´re up to 10 names, but I think 3 NMH characters would overdo it a bit.

4. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    Lemony Snickett, that guy was breaking walls all over! and a new female name: Carrie Bradshaw (Sex and The City)

5. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    I can think of a few from movies: Ferris Bueller, Wayne from Wayne's World & Tom Baxter (Purple Rose of Cairo).

6. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PseDEMo8b18]Max Payne - You Are In A Computer Video Game, Max - YouTube[/ame]

Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain and Earthworm Jim would all provide copious examples too.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  7. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    That´d be enough to start the team, but keep ´em coming if you have any left ;) Also now I´ll really have to think about the catchers as female characters thing..well I´ll see tomorrow morning if I do (kinda late here and I´m pretty tired).

8. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Speaking of Monkey Island. You left out Guybrush Threepwood, although maybe he didn't.

9. Phunbaba

Phunbaba Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Phunbaba
    Country Flag:
    Malcolm of Malcolm in the middle. Always talking to the camera.

10. Limdood

Limdood Well-Known Member

Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
    Country Flag:
    M'aiq the Liar from the Elder Scrolls series (morrowind, oblivion, skyrim)

several characters, including Mel Brooks himself, from various Mel Brooks movies (such as Darth Helmet, when he's asking the audience if we understand the evil plan).

11. John McGuirk

Country Flag:
    And Mel Brooks, via, uh.. Mel Smith.. takes us to Kevin Smith. A Jay and Silent Bob movie? Who'd pay to see that? [looks at camera]

12. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    Thanks guys, did some google searching on it too, I completely forgot about Psycho Mantis and Truman Burbank from the Truman Show. And appearantly JD from Scrubs also counts though I'm not so sure about that. I'll create the team in a couple hours and after that there's 6 games to be played ;)

13. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Ambush Bug (yay!) from DC Comics and Death (among others) from Gaiman's Sandman are notorious 4th wall breakers too. Really digging the theme, btw :D

14. John McGuirk

Country Flag:
    We might as well fill up the subs bench. The Tick and Freakazoid come to mind (the nineties sure had a lot of 'hilarious', wackily self-aware characters).

Also, basically all of the Looney Tunes cast, though you might want to limit yourself to serial offenders such as Wile E. Coyote, Daffy and Bugs.

15. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    The team sure is coming along nicely, though I feel the name isn't quite good enough, though I don't have a better idea..

16. Fallowheart

Fallowheart Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Tyler Durden

17. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    Nooooo! How could I forget? Ugh..you´re literally a second too late, already created and applied with the team.
    Roster:
    [​IMG]
    Hope it gets accepted soon, I really want to play against you guys, especially you, oh godfather of themes named Fallowheart ;)

18. Fallowheart

Fallowheart Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    don't worry, one of them will die soon enough ;)

*edit
    apparently i'm gaining a reputation as a 'theme guy'. now if only i could *Play* this game... :p

19. Limdood

Limdood Well-Known Member

Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
    Country Flag:
    btw Fallow, i'm stealing my Lizard theme back...i'll be making Geico Insurance for CTA soon enough :D

20. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    Yes, I´m bragging here, but I now REALLY want the team to look like my MM team.
    [​IMG]

MY OH MY THIS TEAM. If only they were allowed in any league :(