1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A defensive version of Dauntless?

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Citizen Nev, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Citizen Nev

Citizen Nev Member

Country Flag:
    Something like this. Called 'Resolute' for example.

'If a player with the this skill is blocked/blitzed by a player with a higher STR after modifers but before assists then roll a dice adding the player with Resolute's STR to the roll. If this roll is HIGHER than the opponents STR then he is treated as having the same STR as the opponent for this action.'

So assuming STR 3 vs STR 4 would work 2/3 times. STR 3 vs STR 5 1/2 times.

I think it's specific enough to be limited in it's usefullness and still a good deterent against high STR teams. Would I make it a General skill, or Strength or Agility. Truly I don't know but I'm leaning towards General.

Of course all of this is theoretical as I don't own the rights to Bloodbowl.

Anyway, thoughts?

2. Phunbaba

Phunbaba Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Phunbaba
    Country Flag:
    Sounds good to me. Not sure if it would be considered under-powered though.

3. Darkson

Darkson Member

Cyanide Username:
    Darkson
    Country Flag:
    Used to be a skill like this in the (LRB4-based) MBBL2 league, but I can't recall what it was called.

4. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Like dauntless, your first option would work 5/6 and the second one 2/3 of the time.

1/2 the time a wood elf catcher or a gutter runner would match up with an ogre, mummy or other big guy.

It would make for some strange moments when a ST 2 on 2 blitz could have three assists to get a three-dicer, but if a ST3 player does the same blitz it is 5/6 he only gets two dice.

-

So yea, I'd probably pick it a few skills in on a WE "scoring" catcher.;)

5. Citizen Nev

Citizen Nev Member

Country Flag:
    Sorry my maths failed there :(

6. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I think it should be a general skill. But i'm not sure if it is balanced or not. Hard to say without play testing. Nice idea though.

7. Citizen Nev

Citizen Nev Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah it's just theorycrafting anyway.

I always make sure to make skills less poweful than, say dodge, because they shouldn't alter the core game massively. I tend to think that this skill will be more useful due to its nature as a deterrant. Would you risk a blitz knowing that there's a good chance your 2d could become a 1D block?