1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics A question of morals

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Limdood, Jan 18, 2013.

1. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Roof Lead Lifter seems most in keeping with our times, Lebe..

My take on t16 fouls is that whether you like it or not - and whether or not your opponent cares to try and justify it - if it's going to happen then there's little you can do about it. Expect it to happen, try not to let it upset you, and if it does, try beyond anything not to let it show. You'd only be giving them the reaction they're hoping for.

2. Panda with issues

Panda with issues Member

Country Flag:
    Haha! Indeed. That's a fantastic way to put it.

3. Panda with issues

Panda with issues Member

Country Flag:
    Church Organist
    Hymnal Duster
    Non-paedophile Priest.

4. Lebe666

Lebe666 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Taking notes... :)

PS: BB is prude ! They didn't let me use paedophile or pedophile ! Put paedophvile
    PS2: With 2 RRs there will be plenty of blood... just hoping its more the other guys blood !

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  5. Altashheth

Altashheth Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    he said Church members... you cant have a non-paedophile priest, thats an oxymoron (If any priests are offended by this post it was meant in jest, take off your dress and start contributing to society)

6. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    You might be surprised by how many have active sexual lives... that don't involve kids. :D

Especially the ex-president of Paraguay... a former Bishop who fathered something like 2 to 6 children before leaving his "dress" to become president.

7. Altashheth

Country Flag:
    sounds like he followed my advise to the letter :) cant get much more contributory than that... workers for the future and a government position...

8. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    He was very modest about it too... didn't tell anyone of his offspring... :p

9. Altashheth

Country Flag:
    lol, Lebe, classic :)

10. Darkson

Darkson Member

Cyanide Username:
    Darkson
    Country Flag:
    Depends:

1. If the opposing player has been an a-hole all game, hell yeah.
    2. Otherwise if it's in an open league, where there's avery good chance I'll never face the team again, no.
    3a. If it's in a scheduled league, where I might face the team again later in the season/in the play-offs, yes, but...
    3b. If the team I'm facing still has to face one of my rivals, I might not.

So overall, probably not.

11. Txapo

Txapo Member

Country Flag:
    I normally don't do it. Not against some one I'm playing at MM at cyanide or at a Naf torunament,...unless I'm playing a closed league, but if I'm playing on line against one of the many tossers who think that I'm cheating them only because their play with their ass, and they have reached to the level in which they start insulting me, then YESSS i do it with delight! LOL

12. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    I am an elf coach, I always use whatever means neccessary to hand some of the hurt back. Since I normally can't stock up on MB (my Wardancers not withstanding), this means fouling. Not always on T16, but the Bible says "An eye for an eye", and if he has put the boot in mine, I'll put the boot in his.

13. Everblue

Everblue Active Member

Country Flag:
    I disagree. I think that it's not a question of whether you *can* do something. I actually think that morally you *should*.

If your opponent does not think that you will foul him in turn 16 then he will feel free to put his players in danger to try to hurt yours. He will neglect to acquire defensive skills like dodge and fend and will instead get ball handing skills or skills to hurt your players.

It is the concept of moral hazard

Moral hazard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I therefore foul on turn 16 whenever I can, and go home at night and sleep the deep and fulfilling sleep of someone who has made the world a better place.

14. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    I'm with Everblue on this one - Fouling is a bigger part of the game than just the effect of the red cross floating over the downed player's head, it changes the way a coach thinks, the skills they pick, the teams they will create in future even if you never see that team again. It'll make them think twice with the actions they take against people in the last turn next time as well.

Plus, as Purgatory points out - for Elves, and most Lineman types in any team, Mighty Blow is a double on the dice, Dirty Player isn't.

15. Altashheth

Country Flag:
    I like Everblue and GB's thinking.... if theyre picking skills like piling on... then Im fouling...

16. Snotty

Snotty Member

Country Flag:
    Im not the biggest fan of fouling in general. This is mainly because I usually play squishy teams, and dont want to encourage them to do it to me. But i do operate a return foul policy.

But for some reason I feel no shame and even enjoy crowd surfing, even on turn 16 so my morality is moot

If i was playing some of the the resurrectionist teams , i might be also inclined do some booting, if i wanted some more players.

17. Ging

Ging Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ging
    Country Flag:
    I hardly ever foul, so I can't contribute much to this thread from experience, but I am enjoying following this thread.

My opening stance on first reading it was "nah, T16 fouling just seems spiteful", however I'm now seeing there is more to consider here than just a petulant act.

Having been very anti-T16 fouling at the start of the thread, I'm now frimly on the fence!! :D

18. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    on the fence, chanting for the boot to drop down hard or:p

19. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    I understand your stance Ging... I was even reluctant to foul during the game. Guess the name foul brings negative connotations. If they called it "time out Blocking"... or maybe not. Expressions like gang foul don't rhyme with sporting spirit.

Indeed I know now that fouling is part of the game... a way like GB said of holding back certain types of loose play. I just don't see why doing it without some pros and cons analysis on Turn 16. Hurting a team you won't face anymore just helps other teams in the league.

20. Panda with issues

Panda with issues Member

Country Flag:
    This is the key point I feel.

We've got away from the initial thread premise which is about turn 16.

They've already played their game by then, so any 'dissuasion' is moot.