1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nurgle A Question of Rot

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Cybermage100, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Cybermage100

Cybermage100 Member

Country Flag:
    Ok, I have a question here, and I think I know the answer but want some other feedback to be sure.

To keep myself somewhat busy since I am out of the CCIII now, I decided to try my hand in single player matches using some teams that I have been happy to stay away from as a new coach. I played 2 different teams now and have had a successful match straight out with Khemri and Nurgle, but my Nurge team seemed to hit a snag that I am curious about.

My Nurgle team (Rotcity Raiders) had their first match against an obnoxious Halfling team, which all but guaranteed me a win with lots of enemy casualties. I eve put a Treeman on permanent injury! But the Trees on the line naturally did their own number on my Rotters.

Now what I can't figure out is, at the end of the match I didn't get any replacement Rotters even with 2 dead 'lings on their side of the pitch. With my winnings, I don't have enough to replace them both which leaves me short on players for game 2! Why did the Nurgle Rot not work? I was counting on it to help offset my losses. Does it only work randomly? My theory after reading the entry on Nurgle Rot here on the site is that it didn't work cause they are Stunty and you can't "steal" Stunty" players, correct?

I very much enjoyed my match using Nurgle (my Pestigor leveled up in one game, getting both TD's) but I am concerned about losing my linemen too fast and not being able to replace them.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Yeah rot does not work on players who have more than str 4 or have the decay, regeneration or stunty skills.

i.e. noone on a halfling team.

3. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    And that sucks as rumor has it that Doc. NifNaf took the life of a goblin ball and chain dude:skull:

4. Cybermage100

Cybermage100 Member

Country Flag:
    Well then I suppose it was both a blessing and a curse that I wound up against the Halflings for Game 1. It gave me a somewhat relaxed opportunity to get a feel for the Nurgle team, learning how they operate, but on the other hand it left me a bit short in my upcoming matches.

Hmm, I believe my next match is against the High Elves. I will just have to see how I fare in the next game and hope for some brutality on my part. :pow:

5. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Grrr....

The Pickled Gerkins are now skilled up and ready for revenge on your giant slug. Wacka Mole the 2nd (now with Mighty Blow skill) has his salted ball ready and Onesy (AG4 Gob) and Dumb (Pro Troll) are ready to fill the sky with flying Gobs.

The question is, are Niffle Naffle Nurgle game enough to join Crunch them all and challenge the Gerkins?

As an aside, I really like the Cyanide animation for when a Nurgle team kills an opponent and claims him as a Rotter. Those tentacles from the ground look really cool!