1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A smurfs take on Orcs

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Netsmurf, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Playoff have started and I was seedet in the quarter final:D A undead team came along, infact the very same undead team as in the last groupe match. So nice to reape the benifits of the kills I made as he did not get a skill on his new wight:D

This time he chose to induce an Igor and a babe and what a babe! He only missed one KO roll out of many, the babe helping on 3+ four times:powdodge:

He selected to recieve and I said thank you and removed a player from his team every turn for the first five turns then stole the ball and scored in my turn 8:D But that babe did a good job getting all 4 KO´s back in the game. A zombie and a ghoul was BH though:D

Second half and I recieve and start to KO his palyers - targeting his ghouls first. I scored in turn 6 and he got 4 out of 5 players back from KO. The rest was just some bashing but I got a 2-0 win and also won the cas 2-0. Giving my superblitzer his fourth skill and my thrower got his third skill.

Blitzer is now with frenzy and thrower have fend.

Roster before semi-finals and after 14 matches:

Troll, guard
    BO, rookie
    BOB and BOB
    BO with +ST
    2 x Blitzers with mighty blow
    Blitzer with mighty blow and tackle
    SuperBlitzer with mighty blow, tackle, piling on and now frenzy
    lineorc with block
    lineorc with Dirty Player
    Thrower with block, Kick-off return and now fend
    Thrower, rookie
    And finaly Teamcaptain, teamspirit and teamgiant Girlieman Wuzz Wuzz with sure feet:D

3 Rerolls, 9 FF, 1 apoth, 440k treasury. 202 SPP:D

Edit: This team only has 1 special skill roll out of 19 possible be course I reserve all my special rolls for the CCIV!

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  2. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Back in buisseness again. The semi final was against an amazon team and they induced Zara and a doc. He had two guard players but I had one very unstable guard troll so that was allmost leveled out;)

He desided to recieve and we got a reroll each. I managed to stop him and he never got the ball over LOS and finaly I got the carrier down and got the ball with a blitzer on 13 SPP - he scored giving two turns for the Zons to get even:D

I roll a blitz and the ball lands in his endzone, so I manage to get two blitzers downfield. He tries a longpass and it is spot on, but the dodge away with the ball fails. In goes my thrower and hurls the ball down to the endzone, but the blitzer down there was busy wiping away some blood from his knuckles and did not see the canonball:(

2nd half and I recieve and grind and get numbers advantage and finaly I set up my ST5 BO for a handoff and he makes it:D and he gets the MVP:D and that was a skill and he is now with block:D

A nice win and my blitzer will get either guard or tackle depending on the opponent for the final.

3. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    The other semifinal is between a lizardman team and a slann team so I think that I will go with guard as I have two players with tackle. I will wait until the semi is over though, to see what comes against me in the final.

My roster now:

1 Troll : guard
    1 BO
    2 x BOB
    1 BOB also with +ST
    1 Blitzer : mighty blow and skill pending
    1 Blitzer : Migthy blow and tackle
    1 Blitzer : Mighty blow
    1 Blitzer : Mighty blow, Piling ON, tackle and frenzy
    1 Thrower : Block, Kick-off return and fend
    1 Thrower : Rookie
    1 Line : Dirty Player
    1 Line : BLock
    Girlieman Wuzz Wuzz (gobbo) : Sure Feet

4. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    The final is going to be against a lizardmen team so I have desided to take tackle on my blitzer. That gives me 3 blitzers with tackle:D Now all I need is to go wack a skink:pow:

5. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Today is the day for the final, the opponants roster is this:

Krox - Guard
    2 x Saurus - Guard:confused:
    Saurus - break tackle and block
    Saurus - block
    2 x rookie saurus

3 x Skink - sidestep and diving tackle
    Skink - +MA
    3 x rookie skinks

1 apoth, 1 cheer, 1 coach, 9 FF and 3 rerolls for a TV of 1650 against my 1790.

With only two block players to worry about I think that Im in for a fine fest and the best part is that he will have to get rid of something if he want a Wizard:D

6. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    The final is over and it went down like this:

On the very first block he KO´ed my ST5 BOB and he was out stone cold. And then the devious plan behind his guard saurii unfolded. He simply played without making any turnovers from blocks, unless his player had block:confused: It was a very even match and he scored in four turns:(

My BOB was still stone cold along with a blitzer and another BOB, the other two managed to get on the pitch though. I had BH a skink but the induced apoth was used on him. Due to some weird dice my drive is halted and I cant score:(

Lucky for me I recieve in the second half (BOB still out, with a blitzer also). Finaly I start to crack some lizards and I start to grind my way in for a 1-1 to go into overtime and that plan worked like a charm. In the overtime I had 10 players and two rerolls left against his 8 players and 1 reroll.

He choose to recieve the ball and he has 3 skinks on the pitch. He then pick up the ball and settle deep, but not deep enough. With a 1 dice block on a nonblock saurus I can free a tackle blitzer to blitz with 2 GFI. I manage to block the saurus out of the way and still with reroll makes the blitz and KO the skink, then I mark the rest up.

He gets one saurus next to the ball but the last skink fails a GFI for a dose of death and I blitz the saurus of, and scores with a blitzer:D

Second half and I recieve the ball and just hang tight with it and only chase would be ball sackers.

The match ends with a victory of 2-1 and even though I made 6 cas against 2, for the most part of the match he had the strength advantage anyways as I always had two BOB´s out in KO:mad: My ST5 BOB finaly made it to the pitch after I scored to 2-1. So from first block of the match and until the end of turn 20 he was out:confused:

My last blitzer without tackle got a skill and rolled 4+4 - I still think that I will just give him tackle to make my life setting up much easier. And wouldn´t you know it the ref threw out my dirty player after a cas and 2 KO´s on the enemy:rolleyes:

7. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    Congratulations on the win. Especially with the bad start of the match, it's rather impressive.

8. Cianybeasty

Cianybeasty Member

Country Flag:
    Great thread Netsmurf, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Well don indeed :)

9. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I'm not sure an Orc win is ever a thing to celebrate (especially against the lovely Lizzies), but congratulations are in order all the same, Netsmurf :)

Besides, you've stored plenty of credit for enduring all this time in the OCC with a Skaven team. That definitely earns you some wiggle room elsewhere.

10. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    After the triumf and a wee break the orcs was back on the pitch ready to wiggle the enemy and the enemy got it. I was to play against the skaven that won over my woodies, so a little revenge was on my mind.

He chose to recieve the ball and I got a blitz:D I had just enough inducements for a bribe by the way. I could only get one player under the ball and he missed the catch so the nasty rats recovered and scored in turn 3. Then came a get the ref and now I had two bribes:D and I was ready to grind him to dust and so I did - oh yes so I did.

My troll even got a cas so he is on 14 spp. During my grind down the pitch my blitzer #6 was on a rampage and did a Cas-trick with two SI and a BH. I then made a handoff to a BOB on 13 spp and he scored:D 1-1 and ready for second half where he only recovered 1 out of 5 KO´s.

I got a quick snap witch set me up with some nice 3 dice blocks and started to march down the pitch. I scored in turn 8 with a blitzer. During the match my DP´er fouled for two SI, then got KO´ed, but my line orc just took over and also did 2 SI. At the setup he only had 3 players and they threw a rock on his blitzer for a nice BH. Final Cas score 10-2 to the orcs:D:D:D

I dropped his TV 590k for the next match - a nice 2-1 win.

After that party I played a 1-1 draw against some dwarfes, not much happend there and he actualy won the cas 3-4. It was however great fun as we tried some weird stuff during the match, be course we ran hopelessly out of position. In the end I failed a GFI to get into total safety and win it in turn 16:( But it was great fun and a good day of TT.

11. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    Now, that's just nasty...

Keep it going. :D

12. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    The season is away and we face a nasty looking dwarf team in round 1. The dwarf roster is like this:

Runner with +AG and another with block, Pass and MV 8:eek: (he has 17/22 TD´s the team has made)

Slayer with Mighty blow, tackle and guard and the other also comes with piling on! They are mean, but if I can take them out or at least the piling on I could win the war.

Blitzers one rookie and another with Mighty blow, guard and dauntless

Blockers, 5 rookies, 1 with guard, 1 with guard and dauntless and the last one with guard and mighty blow.

I forsee a battle with casualties galore. For some reason he has 6 rerolls:confused: I think that I will buy myself the 4th reroll.

My general plan will be to only use Pillin on if I go through armour and then I might play a little like elfs and keep my distance so he cant use the guard advantage. So I will try and spread out the dwarfs open a gab and run through for a pass - wild stuff:pow:

13. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Uhh... a few moments to kick off on the new season. First up the dwarfs and I have desided to buy reroll #4. That takes my treasury down to 580k - sob! But it leaves us with equal TV of 1.890 so it should be an even game. And it is just 10 under the next spiralling expence:D

14. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH

I can not take it any more. Lost 0-1 in a game where I missed 4 3+ rolls with rerolls to score.

AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH

I went through his armour 20+ times and only made one cas and one KO - I used pilling on only on injury rolls and it was untill the fifth PO roll I got a cas. I had 6 PO rolls in total. So thats a minimum of 26 injuryrolls for that meager result. He KO´ed 2 BOB´s on the first 3 blocks of his opening drive in second half.

AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH

He had gotten himself another reserve so I induced a babe. KO rolls = double 1

AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH

15. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    I can tell that you are upset about this, Dave.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  16. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Ouch something of a nuffling there :(.

The 3+ with a reroll is the bane of my existence. It feels like it should work and be pretty reliable, but no... I guess I should just play elves :D. At least snake eyes is a bit less common :D.

17. Lethan

Lethan New Member

Country Flag:
    What gave him away? Was it the big typing or just the fact, that most coaches would be upset about having that kind of dice?

Sorry to hear about the loss Netsmurf :(

18. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Ahh well while our president in the club was updating the database, it seems that the entire database has been wiped:eek:

Lucky for me I have my team on paper - hard earnt leasson from last years failed update. Tonight will show how many of the other coaches have their team on paper. This could be the end of the season after just one round. Well hold your breath I know more and will write more tonight:skull:

19. Valokiloren

Valokiloren Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    ʋǟʟ
    Cyanide Username:
    Valokiloren
    Country Flag:
    Did you bribe the president so you could get byes and win by default? :D

Nah, but seriously - that's unfortunate for the people who forgot to back-up their rosters in some way, though what WOULD happen if you won by default?

20. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Wait - this is the second time he's made the same mistake?

I mean, Cyanide has only wiped their forums once so far, so in theory they might have learned to make backups now..