Vampire AG5 vampire

G20

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I have an AG5 vampire on a newish team that has just gotten to level 3. I'm not considering anything too exciting, just the standard block or dodge. Dodge obviously makes him a super awesome dodger, but I feel that block may give just a little more protection. The next two matches will be against ogres who, at least when I play them, don't always mind taking a :bothdown: with a blockless player when the opposition is a little squishier. The two matches subsequent to those will be against goblins (hell of a division I know :), so the complete lack of tackle will obviously make dodge even better than it normally might be. It seems to come down to whether I want a lot of extra dodginess right away, or slightly increased survivability for the long term. I'll likely use this guy as the carrier as much as possible to try to get whichever skill I don't take for this level up ASAP if that makes any difference. I'll list the rest of the team below. Any suggestions are welcome.

blodge vampire
dodge vampire
lvl1 vampire
x2 wrestle fend thralls
wrestle dp thrall
wrestle thrall
x6 lvl1 thralls (one of which is MNG with a broken neck)
5 rerolls & and an apo.

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Dodge all the way, that way the ogres need to take a turnover on :bothdown: if they want you down;)

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Dodge is more valuable on this guy, since you can use him to dodge through single tacklezones and steal the ball.

Sure, block protects against ogres doing :bothdown:, but dodge protects against :powdodge: which is an even worse result for you. (Since the ogre remains standing and their turn continues, as NS noted)

Stryke

Star Player
Country Flag
The main thing you're going to want to use him for is those wonderful 2+ hypno gazes so blodge then sidestep to keep him alive for when he gets blocked back.

John McGuirk

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Dodge all the way. The next skill is only five touchdowns away, maximum, and Dodge will help him get them more than Block will. With kind dice you could expect to get him there in the next two matches alone.

After Blodge, I think Sidestep is best for the reasons Stryke mentions above. And should he make it beyond that, you have some really interesting options coming into play (Leap? Strong Arm? etc).