1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Necromantic +Agi in a lvl3 WW?

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by biLLy, Feb 22, 2011.

1. biLLy

biLLy Member

Country Flag:
    Hiya all,

Ive been playing a bit with a Necro team last week. Today I managed to lvl up a WW who already had Mighty Blow in his first upgrade, so I was quite sure that he was crying for block.

BUT

Of course, as Nuffle is always willing for a laugh of us, it rolled 11, so I can select +Agi or a normal Skill...

So, what would you do?? Im really thinking I will skip the stat, and go directly for block, since I find not having block very unrealiable, and also, already having Mighty Blow, Im crying out for Block, but well, skiping a +stat is something I dont use to do it, so I dont know what to do...

Opinions would be accepted, even the unreasoned ones :)

Cheers.

2. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Take the +AG you only have 15 SPP to next skill, just a little TD frenzy and you have block:pow:

3. Rusty

Rusty Active Member

Country Flag:
    Mostly I'd say take the agility, but depending on the rest of your team I might be persuaded to take Block instead.

4. Sceadeau

Sceadeau Active Member

Country Flag:
    I almost always go for Block there. Blitzing werewolves are looking for 2 doubles and one normal roll to be really good (block, mighty blow, piling on). +AG would be a very useful skill to have, to ensure he can always blitz the prime target (and allowing for leap silliness if you want to take it to the extreme). Considering that, after your second skill (block), a third skill will almost always be a downgrade from what +AG offers (unless it was a double, then you'll kick yourself) -- which means that +AG is the correct choice.

If you had too many more skills you wanted on it (for example, you were hoping for blodge after MB), you might consider taking just Block.

5. Murkglow

Murkglow Member

And here is why I wouldn't take Mighty Blow first pick on a WW. If you had already had Block on your WW that +Ag would work beautifully for him as a ball carrier (and of course still good at Blocking). Now you have a character who is trying to be two different things at once. You should still take +Ag because Ag is an awesome stat but the character will be somewhat torn between jobs (hitting or ball carrier) and until your next level he'll be unreliable no matter what he does.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  6. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I would always take the mighty blow on a werewolf, its the best double roll for him and I would never forgo the chance of having a MV8 killing machine with easy access to blodge and sidestep:pow:

7. biLLy

biLLy Member

Country Flag:
    Thnx for comments, Im still not decided which is the best way to go.

The roster actually is:

2xFG - naked
    1xWW - Block, Tackle
    1xWW - MB, this is the guy who we are talking about.
    1xWight - Guard
    1xWight - naked
    1xGoul - Block (he is the BC, and his next skill will be SH)
    1xZom - Block
    Rest naked

FG are close to lvl up, so they will have block/guard depending when they manage to lvl up.

I rolled double in his first skill up and I didnt have any doubts, MB is the way to go, because it is very common to not roll more doubles, and the combo claws+MB with 6spp is something I just cant ignore, most considering that I could not roll another double anymore... No way there (and actually is done).

Next matches will be against Flings and Rats, some dodgers/blodgers, so thats why I moved the other WW for Tackle.

Actually I was thinking that the main source of spp for WW would be blitzing, but if I got the +AG, I will center that source in the WW and I would leave apart the goul...

In the other hand, having a Goul and a WW with block both, could work for 2-3 matches untill I manage to lvl up again with this WW, and use this guy to just farm TDs over and over, untill I hit next lvl...

I will probably get the +ag just because I love 4AG, Im an elvish coach and just love the way it works, but it will maybe have some troubles in the future...

Cheers anyways, thnx for sharing your opinions.

8. Creamster

Creamster Member

Country Flag:
    Firstly ... take the +1 Ag. You already have a blitzing wolf set up.

I know block is a good (but very boring) skill but not having it doesn't mean you should never block/blitz with the player at all! I ran a successfully nurgle team with only 2 block players and never found it to be a massive issue (I was taking guard and MB for the warriors first skill). As long as you are smart and you can get the 2 dice blitz, even with frenzy, you will be fine. You will use more re-rolls with a Ag3 block player then a Ag4 non-block player trust me. Werewolves have to cover a lot of field in a necro team.

Two golden rules are always use this players actions last and never 1 dice block a block player (unless needed).

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  9. biLLy

biLLy Member

Country Flag:
    :D Yes sir!! :pow:

Im decided, +agi all the way, and pray for a short run untill next lvl up :)

Thnx for the comments, you deserve all lot of :pow: and none of :skull:.