1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Altdwarf Dwarfholes: S22 Fluff

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by TravelScrabble, Aug 20, 2020.

1. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Its the moment you've all been waiting for, yes I travelscrabble am back and adminning Altdwarf. Congratulations, you all just became relevant again. Frankly I have no idea what's been going on up here for the past two years or so, meaning that I'll just pretend that the Miragliano Idols and the Carnival *something something* have been winning everything. Is one of you finally going to take them down? Who will it be?

If you want any more than that you'll have to use this thread and fluff it up yourselves. Don't worry though, one season with me and everybody will know your names again. Meantime, I'm going back to the bar.

Oh one more thing. Apparently CJ has sent your tickets, so accept them already.

@Antonis
    @Filadeus
    @Bärserk
    @Regor
    @Havol
    @TheSir
    @Larkstar
    @gdaynick
    @GreenBear
    @James Rye

TheSir and Regor like this.
  2. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Alright time for some predictions <insert your own witty comment here>

@Antonis Blitzing Eurostars - High Elf
    The Champions are a 2160 High Elf team, which is usually good, and these boys have some stats but also some injuries. Standout players are the str 4 blitzer who is carrying 50 k bloat, and the agi 6 who is unfortunately an MA 6 line elf. Then its a couple of guard and a whole lot of meh. Think they will struggle to stay up this season. 7th

@Filadeus Famiglia Filadore - Chaos
    This team has only one stat up, but its arguably the most important one, giving them a ball carrier who dodges on a 2+. Surprised he doesn't have 2 heads yet though. Apart from that its pretty vanilla chaos, which is to say OP as hell. They have all the tools they need. 3rd

@Bärserk Imperium Lizardorum - Lizards
    A lizard tewam to remind us that while they might be op in BB3, we should still never play them in this edition. 3 Rookie sauus and another AV 8. LOL. Skink bullshit may net them a few points. 9th

@Regor Carnival of Dirty Counts - Vamps
    These legends are looking more potent than ever. 6 good vamps and two of them are strength 5. 4 Have pro. Yeah they're going to ruin all your fun. 1st

@Havol Headbangers Ball - Necro
    Having an agi 5 wolf is freakign awesome. And he has MB to pair it up with. Just not a whole lot else. Should do ok, just think they will find themselves lacking if either wolf is out for a drive. 6th

@TheSir Nachthafen Howlers - Necro
    Towe mb wolves is great. Pomb wolf is great. Agiu 4 pomb wolf is a bit odd. Golems are distinctly lacklustre. MA 9 ghoul is good but its AV 6. Without that player there really arfe only 2 on the team you need to worry about. 10th

@Larkstar Dead Zeds Baby, Dead Zeds - Necro
    The third necro team this season (boring bastards) I'm going to say this one looks the best overall. Str 4 mb wolf is a boos, other wolf is a bit lacking although if it got a double on this levelup that will change. Also has agi 5 (on a wight) and MA 9 (on a ghoul) so in many ways the best of both the other necro teams. Other positionals a bit weak but should do well all the same. 4th

@gdaynick niggledmau5 - Skaven
    Tow agi 5 gutters and a wizard, so they will get points, and lots of them, but not enough to challewne for the title and the team has NOTHING else. 5th

@GreenBear InfectedBear - Nurgle
    Two agi 4 pests, lots of claw mb and a str 6 beast, you'd better believe its effective. 2nd

@James Rye The Noble Orcs - Orcs
    Highest TV team in the division, they're not orcs they're slow lizards. Which, er, is a bit crap for 2200 TV really isn't it. Still they willoutmuscle a lot of teams, but I think they have a lot of bad matchups this season. 8th

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    Havol and Filadeus like this.
  3. James Rye

James Rye Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    James Rye
    Country Flag:
    I did it! I finally reached Altdwarf! Hell yeah!

4. Havol

Havol Active Member

Country Flag:
    I know exactly how you feel, @James Rye

Playing with the big boys! :p

James Rye likes this.
  5. James Rye

Steam Username:
    James Rye
    Country Flag:
    Well, hype died with the first game and its 5 times dumb skulls, 4 snake eyes, 9 times gfis fail and way too many single skull dice. F Altdwarf.

6. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I had forgotten how crazy rats can be.
    1st half against @Filadeus I rolled a grand total of 5 dice.
    5 rats stunned on pitch invasion , 1 on pick up with reroll not used on turn1 , Double skull with Glart and failed loner on turn 2 , dodge last standing player away so he doesn't get blitzed on turn 3
    Rest of the half just click end turn so give up defensive TD on turn 8.

2nd half
    Blitz gets gutter under the ball but failed catch and scatter caught by beastman
    Turn 9 blitz down ballcarrier with dauntless gutter on a 1D as they couldn't get into a guard cage, recover ball but fail dodge.
    Get beat up for a few turns.
    Then wiz to knock the ball free , pick up , hand off , stall for a turn and score on turn 14.
    Turn 15 dodge in for 2D against on the ballcarrier , knock the ball lose , recover it , survive the blitz back and it is 2-1.

So 2 perfect turns and a bit of luck on the blitzes on my ballcarrier and I win despite being dominated for the rest of the match.

Havol likes this.
  7. Havol

Havol Active Member

Country Flag:
    @tys123 , that sounds like a perfectly reasonable Skaven match :p

8. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    More Skaven fun.
    Simple quick TD but losing players ( did kill the AG4 pomb wolf though ) , wiz gets the ball free so it is 2-0 at half time.
    More rats injured and it is 2-1
    Snake eyes stops a cage forming before 3-1 so ballcarrier sacked and ball recovered.
    Then on turn 14 I get the ball back and this time when I am sacked it scatters to a zombie who foolishly catches it.
    Any other scatter and it is probably a pick up for a draw.
    Only 1 turn left so I push the zombie away from the players he wants to hand off to and mark him up.
    I do leave a chainpush chance so it is only a hand off but the opponent either doesn't see it or decides against it so zombie just needs to dodge away and hand off for the draw.
    Failed dodge and the rats win another one.

Only problem is the sack gutter and a Vermin are MNG so next week I lose.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  9. Regor

Regor Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    If vamps dont make u to altdwarf next season, i would vote for u to stay with this skaven team. Impressive...

10. James Rye

Steam Username:
    James Rye
    Country Flag:
    Well, I survived and got a Str5 BO outta this mess while losing my best Orc BC ever. Gotta look at the bright side of things and hope two killer blitzers work better than just one or that at least one picks up the slack if the other keeps failing to cas.

@TravelScrabble Nice predictions, shame I failed you by one position. I'll do better next time I get up here again though I dunno if I will make it next season as Tier 2 can be just as hard as Tier 1.^^

Regor likes this.