1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AltDwarf ~ Match 8 [BC2 Season 11]

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by Sataric, May 28, 2018.

1. Mark Teal

Mark Teal Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Da Coach
    Country Flag:
    hello, still free Tuesday at 21.30gmt?

2. doohickey

doohickey Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah that is still open for me, thanks

3. Mark Teal

Mark Teal Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Da Coach
    Country Flag:
    great, see you then :)

4. Tusak

Tusak Active Member

Steam Username:
    Tusak
    Cyanide Username:
    Tusak
    Country Flag:
    @Sataric
    Guinness conceded against me. To be honest it was the most horrible dicing ever, but I thought we were playing Altdwarf where we finnish games instead of COL...

5. Sataric

Sataric Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    @Tusak and @Guinness - I have discussed the matter with the other Admins. These are my thoughts on it:

Guinness reported on the Discord chat that he had both a terrible headache as well as horrible dice. Whilst personal health is obviously more important than the game and I completely understand that medical emergencies can occur, it's still of great importance to follow the rules of the league to the best of your ability so that every coach playing here can have a good experience. Unfortunately, in this situation it's easy to imagine that no concession would have been made if Nuffle would have been kinder, but the truth is that only Guinness knows for certain - And I am not going to call his character into question.

What I will say, however, is that formers players in this league have been banned from the league for similar offenses in the past, and that concessions are strictly against the rules as well as greatly frowned upon - If there's any other possible solution, attempt to seek that out first. Although I doubt that the result of this match will determine the winner of the entire league for the season, chances are that this will have a large impact on who gets to stay in AltDwarf and who gets demoted. It leaves a very unsatisfactory feeling for everyone involved.

I will let the concession stay as is. 2-0 to Tusak , double MVP's, and double winnings. I have also tried speaking to Guinness on Discord but he seems to be AFK at the moment. Regardless, the point of importance here is that something like this must not happen again in the future. Hopefully we can all agree on that part and move forward without further trouble.

Moving on; Match-day will be rolled over tomorrow morning as the final game of the day between The Blue Face Clan and The Not so Superheroes is currently underway. I will, however, put the thread up in just a moment so that you guys can start scheduling your matches. Thanks.

6. Veggente85

Veggente85 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    VeggenteBBT
    Cyanide Username:
    Veggente
    Country Flag:
    We should start to kill a random player when, for example, someone concede a game in the way to be lost, when apo is used, and against a fouling team :rolleyes:

7. Tusak

Tusak Active Member

Steam Username:
    Tusak
    Cyanide Username:
    Tusak
    Country Flag:
    Great idea! Now Guinness benefits greatly from the condede as I would have fouled his developed saurused for 16 turns straight until threre would have been none left.

Or use the tabletop rules that experienced players leave the team.
    Ping @Sataric @Ilgoth

8. Sataric

Sataric Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    The current rules state that conceding a game is strictly forbidden, and that abusing this rule in any way intentionally is going to result in either a warning or a complete banishment from the league.

If the community feels that this is not harsh enough of a punishment, and that there needs to be additional layers added to the rule - Such as, for example, that experienced players with 51+ SPP end up leaving the team on a roll of 1, 2 and 3 on a D6 - Then that can absolutely be discussed. However, I can say with certainty that the Admin team will not be making any mid-season changes, and the rules would only be changed during the off-season in such a case. But if you guys want, I can start a discussion about this on the Admin forums and see what the others have to say about it.

Truthfully though, it's extremely uncommon - Almost unheard of - That coaches who have players that are developed enough to be above 51 SPP actually concedes a match. Most people in this community go out of their way to be sportsmanlike and to follow the rules, thankfully. The few rule violations we see each season are almost exclusively occurring in Tier 4 divisions. Concessions in AltDwarf simply should not happen, and the match between Tusak and Guinness is a highly uncommon situation that I hope will never be repeated again. I am disappointed that it transpired but I feel like since it was presented as a medical emergency, I have done all I could. I apologize if the decision I've made feels unsatisfying to the players within this division.

9. Mark Teal

Mark Teal Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Da Coach
    Country Flag:
    I'd certainly like to see the 51spp rule introduced for future instances, some extra discouragement without resorting to an outright ban just gives you admins an extra option when the circumstances are unclear. There have certainly been games when I've felt like conceding (thanks @Ravers xD) and i'm sure people I've played against have felt the same way at times, you just have to grit your teeth and try to make the best of it.

10. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    :D

11. Tusak

Tusak Active Member

Steam Username:
    Tusak
    Cyanide Username:
    Tusak
    Country Flag:
    Worst fun killler even more than the concession was actually the chat behaviour by Guinness. I really hope that in the future people can keep their talk civil and respectful despite being diced.

12. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    If people have a serious problem with things that a coach says in chat I strongly recommend screenshots. Very hard for admins to take action unless we have something to go on.