1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elf Alternative miniatures?!

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by SorroW, Sep 23, 2011.

1. SorroW

SorroW Member

Country Flag:
    Hey hey!

I have played loads of elf teams on Cyanide, and even one match in CCVI. And was thinking of getting my second TableTop team so that I could paint them in colours a little bit more sensible then my last. (The first elf team is Tittilating Pink and Bilious Green and really stands out among all the black and dark teams... but never mind)

And then I thought about all the different Fantasy Football teams out there. Is there anyone that would be good for Elfs? Or Pro elfs if you prefer :)

/SorroW

2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Neomics elves work as pro elves or humans. Alphaspel - Elves

Black Scorpions human team also work as high or dark elves: Alphaspel - Human team

Rolljordans Alyon elves work as pro or woodies. Alphaspel - Alyon Elves Girl team, though. (Nothing wrong with that, since I am using them ;))

Greebos Silvania elves are slightly over the top at being female wood elves. Alphaspel - Silvania Elves (But since people are playing this game with playboy bunny figures I didn't want to censor them. ;))

Most of Impacts Black Widows are pretty ugly/bland, but they can be used as Dark, Wood, Pro or High elves, so that is good: Alphaspel - Black Widows Team

Then there are Impacts Timberline elves, who seem to be best as Woodies: Alphaspel - Timberline Elf

And there are some others - amongst them a couple of nice pro elf teams that I can't seem to find at the moment.

3. Cactus

Cactus New Member

Country Flag:
    I think GW's own elf team is very nice. I've played against them and, painted well, they look a lot better than in the photo on the website.

4. SorroW

SorroW Member

Country Flag:
    yeah... they are pretty good. But I have one of those teams already! :)

And thanks for the links Nik. but have checked those out already, and the females are the only ones I would really use as an Elf team. But if you could recall where the other pro elf teams came from I would be really really happy! :)

/SorroW

5. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    Using second edition GW Blood Bowl Elves is fairly common and that's what the current team sculpts were based on.

6. One Million Monkeys

One Million Monkeys Member

Country Flag:
    You could maybe see if you could find some Warhammer Battle minis to convert.
    For example Wood Elf Glade Guard

7. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    More options:

Shadowforge:
    Their Elves mix pretty nicely with GW:s Elf team - http://www.shadowforge.com.au/images/1gm112.jpg - makes a Pro Elf team, or possibly woodies if you paint them greener.

Wicked Elves make great Dark elves http://www.shadowforge.com.au/images/1gm140.jpg - if you buy two extra linebackers as blitzers. Then blitzers can make catchers on a pro elf team with no problems. Alternately you buy both 2 linebackers and 2 guards, using the guards as catchers on the pro elf team.

No time to search for more now. Looks like it is more popular to make alternate female elves these days. :p

8. SorroW

SorroW Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks for the tips all! Now to decide... :)

/SorroW