1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An Amateur Dreaming to go Competetive

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ilgoth, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    I keep this thread as my personal list of seasons!

Statistics:

# Big Crunch 2

- season 3 (T4), division Kislev: 10th place, 1-2-6 (Grimgor's Boar Riders, Orcs)
    - season 4 (T4), division Indus: 10th place, 0-2-7 (Ymmyrks of Clan Rigens, Skaven)
    - season 5 (T3), division Averland: 10th place, 1-2-6 (Ymmyrks of Clan Rigens, Skaven)
    - season 6 (T4), division Indus: 6th Place, 3-1-5 (Wurthugel Wardens, Humans)
    - season 7 (T3), division Nuln: 7th Place, 2-3-4 (Wurthugel Wardens, Humans)
    - season 8 (T3), division Nuln: 5th Place, 3-4-2 (Wurthugel Wardens, Humans)
    - season 9 (T3), division Nuln: 8th Place, 3-0-6 (Wurthugel Wardens, Humans)
    - season 10 (T3), division Nuln: 7th Place, 3-1-5 (Wurthugel Wardens, Humans)
    - season 11 (T4), division Cathay: 5th Place, 4-2-3 (Cothique Caretakers, High Elves)
    - season 12 (T3), division Averland: 5th Place, 3-3-3 (Cothique Caretakers, High Elves)
    - season 13 (T2), division Reikland: 5th Place, 3-4-2 (Cothique Caretakers, High Elves)
    - season 14 (T2), division Reikland: 10th Place, 1-0-8 (Cothique Caretakers, High Elves)

# OCC
    - Season 6, Division 6D: 6th Place, 1-5-3 (Kurgan Furpaws, Kislev)
    - Season 7, Division 5A: 7th Place, 3-1-5 (Kurgan Furpaws, Kislev)
    - Season 9, Division 4A: 5th Place, 4-2-3 (Kurgan Furpaws, Kislev)

# ReBBL
    - Season 6, Gman Div 5: 4th Place, 6-3-4* (Bayourk Bricklayers, Lizardmen)
    ---Invitational match during off-season, 1-0 WIN against Orcs
    - Season 7, Gman Div 3: 3rd Place, 9-3-3 (Bayourk Bricklayers, Lizardmen)

*one inherited loss

# ReBBL Clan League
    - Season 3, part of [BBT], Blaviken Valkyrs (Norse), 1-0-7

# Munch Cup
    - 4th Cup, Varg division: 6th place, 1-0-5 (Warders of the North, Humans)
    --4th Spoon Play-Offs: Dropped on Round 2 against skavens

Original post:
    'Ey there, my name is Ilgoth. Like the title says, I'm fairly new to the game but I really wish for making it a bit more serious.

Games Workshop games are familiar to me on tabletop and Blood Bowl ain't difference, but just bought Cyanide version for PC from Steam sales. I love it so far!

Could I have any tips from you; where should I start with leagues and such? I see you have some cups running here, but they had some requirements I couldn't surpass (like having played in other cups here).

Fav' teams:
    - Orcs
    - Elfs
    - Dwarfs

A bit and that from playstyle.

Nice to meet ya!

~Ilgoth

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    williamspd likes this.
  2. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    Hey mate,

welcome to the Forums.

You can join all the leagues on this site with rookie teams for the perpetual league the Big Crunch (BC) this actually is a requirement. The next BC season i think starts begining of september.

There is also the Crunch Cup (CC). You can join the CC with rookies also. You are allowed however to have played up to 6 (optional!) games in the Cunch them all (CTA) pick up league that is also run by BBTactics admins. The signing up thread for the CC is open at the moment.

In CTA you can apply for with any Team you want. Only Teams that were rookies however are allowed to continue and play in the CC (max 6 games in CTA)

And there is the CTALE which something of a feeder league for the CC.

Hope to see you on the pitch.

St. Cloud

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  3. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Hi Il, and welcome to the forums.

I'd suggest you start out with a couple of "Crunch Them All" games, just to learn some about the online client.

Then if you find you can manage to schedule games, apply to Big Crunch, Crunch Cup, or both. ;)

4. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    St. Cloud & Nikolai II, thanks for the warm welcome and nice tips!

Guess my timing is good, since new BC season incoming. Will definately join it. :rolleyes: I've played about 6 games with my friends online, so getting familiar with the client already.

5. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    The only difficult thing remaining is to visit the forums daily to be able to schedule games (and of course to have a life stable enough to be able to say you should be free a couple of hours at a set time ;))

6. coachman

coachman Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    Id also recommend the orca-cola league. Its a massive league of over 250 coaches. Check out the orca cola website for details on sign ups etc. Its coming towarda the end of season 23 with only 3 more matchdays to go.

7. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    @coachman, thanks for the tip. I will check it out!

8. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Hey look what I found! A jewel in the rough, a golden nugget amidst the nuts. A medication amongst illness, Trump within Liberals. I dont know, ran out of ideas.

9. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Guess I missed this first time around.

10. TwoScoops

TwoScoops Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    MSG Musculo
    Cyanide Username:
    TwoScoops
    Country Flag:
    Yeah I'll probably jump on this after the first season is over. Looks like a good perpetual league that can compliment my BC2 shenanigans.

11. mamutas

mamutas Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    Look how much you have grown in this time, son... *sniff* Now running your own league... *sniff*
    Darn, I have cold or something? o_O
    I am proud of you. :D

Sataric and Ilgoth like this.
  12. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    My first ReBBL season ended, my team scored 4th place with statistics of 6-3-4. One of the loss was inherited, I joined in during md2.

[​IMG]

Regor likes this.
  13. Regor

Regor Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Show a pic of your lizzy team!

Ilgoth likes this.
  14. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Will do @Regor - here it is. Team value stands at 1630.

[​IMG]

Regor likes this.
  15. Regor

Regor Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Nice team m8! I really would like to have a Kroxigor with a double! That MV7 Saurus, could get wrestle,tackle,breaktackle! would be a good Mobile piece in the field. Anyway congratz on the nice result u have with them!

Ilgoth likes this.
  16. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Yeah if only that Krox would get a double it would be so sweet. The team is indeed doing nicely! I might get a tackle on the MV7 Saurus, makes a good mobile man marker on guys who try to make it through alone. Will see!

17. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    Not many people take MA as the 1st skill on a saurus. It slows down their development too much unless you are playing for the really long term.

18. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Good results! Lizards are a really strong team, but you did a lot better than the other lizard coaches so looks like your 'amateur' days may be behind you:).

I would not have taken the MA on the Saurus either fwiw, but agree with what Regor said for skilling him. Tackle over Block on the Krox interesting too.

19. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Yeah in all honesty I took my time wondering what to do with double roll on that Saurus, ended up going for the +MA. I have made sure he is behind and in the middle for the defensive drives, makes a very good piece of controlling the field. I've been more experimenting in ReBBL since BC2 will always remain my No.1 focus, the whole experience is there to learn more and faster. :) I will take these lizzies as far as the Nuffle destined them to go.

Krox with Tackle is yea interesting. I remember being all pissy when he got the level, annoyed how people just keep getting out of his reach or dodging out. So after talking with the witches, brewing warm milk and spreading goat's fur around me, I knew Tackle was my way.

I used to be normal.

20. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Update on my ReBBL adventure.

My lizzies are doing fine, working their way towards great season. Right now I am 6-2-2, and that nets me 4th place. The table as it is. As can be seen, I don't have such big threats behind me.

[​IMG]

Week 11 match will be against Eezekyle's Nurgle (they will get hefty inducements on me)
    Week 12 match will be against other humans, Kiaoracrow. (similiar tv)
    And season finale, GeneralMarauder's Undead. (some inducements)

Within the top, I lost against humans, I tied against Creatan and won against Stab Allyerdice. Guess I am looking for aid, as you guys can tell I am playing for the play-off spot this season. Squatford FC (lizzies) have three really tough match ups, and Creatan shares similiar challenge as I do. I believe I have strong chances here.

My standing roster:
    [​IMG]

I will have all of these with me on next match, excluding Sure Hands skink who is MNG.

# Is there some clear bloaty pieces that firing and replacing with rookie would be sensible at this point?
    # I have 220K in bank, should I consider stadium enchancement? Two out of three remaining games are at my stadium.

This team has been real blessed and no real injuries or losses to the team this season. I could always afford throwing one RR out of the window?