1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Necromantic Another starting roster.

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by RedDevilCG, Jan 9, 2010.

1. RedDevilCG

RedDevilCG Member

I've been looking at branching out from Skaven and the Necromantic team interests me.

It seams like you would want to max out your Ghouls, Wights, and Flesh Golems at 2 each. Now, what should you do about the Werewolf?

How does this look:
    2x Wights
    2x Ghouls
    2x Flesh Golems
    1x Werewolf
    5x Zombies
    2x Rerolls.
    1mil.

Or should you drop a Ghoul for another reroll, and use the single ghoul as a QB or sorts?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  2. Ork from Mork

Ork from Mork New Member

The werewolves are the reason why you play necro instead of undead! Start with two, because if you start with just one, it'll be much easier for your opponent to take it out. I started my necro team with only one flesh golem, but I ended up regretting that because it took a really long time to buy the second due to injured and dead wights and ghouls. They also take a really long time to skill up, so the earlier you get them, the better. You need wights due to block. You don't need to start with ghouls as they'll skill up fast, plus they're the weakest link on the team, so it's better to get them later. You'll want them later, for sure, but you can start off without them.

3. RedDevilCG

RedDevilCG Member

So you would recommend something more along the line of this then:

5x zombies
    2x werewolves
    2x flesh golems
    2x wights
    2 rerolls

I guess when I look at the werewolf, they do everything the ghoul does but with better movement and armour.....

4. RedDevilCG

RedDevilCG Member

I just played a couple games with my Necromantic team Code Blue, and I'm starting to like the feel of them.

If anyone has time, could you take a look at this replay from Da Leeg of me vs. a Skaven team coached by mobo: http://www.stuntyleeg.com/handler.php?type=leegmgr&replay=1266

As you can see, I need a lot of work with my tactics, especially with my first turn setup when receiving. Any advice is welcome! :D

I'm currently saving up for the 2nd Werewolf. Hopefully the next game will give me enough winnings.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  5. Funny Valentine

Funny Valentine New Member

Begin with only 2 RR and all this lack of competence (like dexterity, dodge, block) is hard. Consider that a werewolf+20K cost 1RR+1ghoul.

6. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    Think I'd prefer to start with 3 rerolls, though it is a tough choice which player to leave out.

7. Agamon

Agamon New Member

A word of warning: Ghouls will have very large targets painted on their foreheads. Ball-handler + 7 AV + no regen = yikes! The necro player in our league has written haiku on the vulnerablity of his (and the undead player's) ghouls. Two very skilled teams, but the ghouls are lucky to see skill #2.

5 AG werewolves with leap and dauntless are pretty darn cool, though.

8. RedDevilCG

RedDevilCG Member

*Laugh* Yeah I can imagine how those could ruin someone's day. I've already encountered the squishiness of the Ghouls now, and in retrospect I think I would go with the 2 Werewolf build, purchase the 3rd reroll, then add Ghouls as the money comes in. My one werewolf has already added 2 additional Zombies to my roster, and scored 2 TDs in the only 5 games I've played. I think he's paying for himself quite nicely.