1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyanide Any way to recover disconnected matches?

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Mr Suplex, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Mr Suplex

Mr Suplex Member

Country Flag:
    Hi all,

Is there any way to restore a match that was disconnected before completion? In my league a very important match was disconnected at a crucial moment and I'd like to restore and pick it up from that point if possible, rather than reset to the beginning or give the win due to forfeit.

Please tell me there is a way to do this...if not, Cyanide ABSOLUTELY needs to include a recovery feature in Blood Bowl 2. :mad:

We use BB Manager, if that has any possibility of helping.

2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    There is no way whatsoever.

Some people agree to "replay" the lost parts - i.e. they try to let people do completions or TD:s to match any casualty SPP:s and keep playing on. (They are supposed to sack any killed players too)

Yes, recovery feature is wished for, and there seems to be an opportunity to include that in BB2, what with its server-based architecture. We'll see when it comes.

3. Mr Suplex

Mr Suplex Member

Country Flag:
    As always, thanks for your input Nikolai.

What do leagues typically do in this situation? I was up by 1 TD and had injured 4 of my opponents players, and the game froze at Halftime. Any suggestions? How would we replicated the SP generation on injuries?

4. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    The most common ways to handle it are:

1. Reset and replay

2. Set a win for the team that was winning (especially if both players can agree which one that was)

3. Set a draw.

4. Set a draw in Cyanide, but set 1-0 in BBM (or other agreed upon scoreline) for the team that was about to win.

And then the outlier - reset and replay, but try to copy the earlier game. Let the same player(s) score TD:s, and try to let the casualties be replicated by pass completions if possible. This is messy and rarely good. Can sometimes work fairly (especially if all injuries were BH, or very little but very dramatic has happened) but usually not worth the bother.

5. Phunbaba

Phunbaba Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Phunbaba
    Country Flag:
    I remember picking up a league game from where it left off. Happened while one of us was setting up so it was easy to replicate passes and TDs. Didn't bother trying to do cas. Although we did just have casualtied players off to one side. We each had like two BHs so no big loss. We were 1-1 with three or four turns to go. Still ended up a draw but it was easy to get to that point. Mostly because it happened in between drives. I imagine it would be much harder to do mid drive.