1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody here play Dwarf Fortress??

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TwoScoops, Dec 1, 2016.

1. TwoScoops

TwoScoops Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    MSG Musculo
    Cyanide Username:
    TwoScoops
    Country Flag:
    Just curious - I have started something...interesting that I'm trying out with a procedurally generated world and Storium :). If anyone actually knows wtf I'm talking about, and might want to 'play' (very casually) - hit me up!

For anyone who's curious:

https://storium.com/game/caveadmire/chapter-1/scene-1

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    williamspd likes this.
  2. williamspd

williamspd Active Member

Steam Username:
    williamspd
    Cyanide Username:
    Wilhelmus
    Country Flag:
    Hi, so yes I play Dwarf Fortress (and RimWorld...) and I had previously seen Storium but never really used it. How would this work with Dwarf Fortress though? Especially the multiplayer aspects of Storium? Curious to find out what you are thinking regarding this :)

Paul

3. TwoScoops

TwoScoops Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    MSG Musculo
    Cyanide Username:
    TwoScoops
    Country Flag:
    Wow, didn't see this post earlier! Basically, I had some buddies choose to 'play', or assume the roll of, one of the dwarves in the fortress. They got to choose their actions and then I would play a year or so and then do a write-up. One of my buddies decided to start a Tavern, and it was pretty cool! I let him decide on the petitions to accept/deny etc. Here's the link to the story :) https://storium.com/game/caveadmire/chapter-1/scene-1

Unfortunately, my save got corrupted and I had no idea that my seasonal saves were overwriting one another until it was too late :( So...I had the option of going back a couple of months in adventure mode (which is a ton of time) or just leaving it as it was and coming back when I wasn't nearly as salty as I was. If I can, I will likely advance the time forward a bit and play the same world on a future release. I'll certainly let you know when that time comes if you're interested in playing then!

williamspd likes this.