1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone interested in a mixed team competition?

Discussion in 'Combo Crunch' started by Microcuchon, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Brody

Brody Active Member

Country Flag:
    Does sound like fun

2. mamutas

mamutas Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    One of the US leagues has an interesting approach. It is a permanent league, you make your team from a mixed race roster, but you are allowed to use one race only. Then overtime, as money allows you can purchase players from the other races as well. This give all a more or less even start, but then differentiate later. I think they reset after a few seasons, so no one would get 11 big guys on the roster or something.

3. Mynimo1

Mynimo1 Active Member

Steam Username:
    mynimo6
    Cyanide Username:
    Mynimo1
    Country Flag:
    I would like to play in something like this, especially if were perpetual not a one off kinda thing.

I would prefer/like the just start with TV1000 and just pick and chose what you can afford. You really can't get the best from every race and stay at TV1000.

Keep me in mind when planning and organizing this. Thanks

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  4. RK Blaze

RK Blaze Active Member

Steam Username:
    rkdblaze
    Cyanide Username:
    RK Blaze
    Country Flag:
    I agree with @Mynimo1. It would be best as a perpetual league.

5. JCan

JCan Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    JCan
    Country Flag:
    I'd probably be up for it, although my experience with mixed teams is almost non-existent.

Brody likes this.
  6. Alttarego

Alttarego Member

Steam Username:
    Xianaria
    Country Flag:
    Id be very interested,.. also im gonna try Twitch BB mixed 1000tv tourney

7. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Right it seems clear that there's interest in this and I've decided I'm 100% going to make this happen in the B.C. off season - in fact I want to try a few different things out. Mixed composition teams would be one, another would be a custom teams tournament where you can play any team of your design up to 2000 TV max 3 stat ups and 2 on one player, no limit on doubles; . And I'd be open for more suggestions besides. Overall the theme is simply lighthearted competitions that are an excuse to try fun things that are possible in the LE engine.

Here's what I need from you: feedback on your preferred format for this kind of event. One option would be to do as @Ilogth suggests and run them as short Mighty Mithril style single elimination tournaments in the off season with played development, another wold be resurrection style Swiss tournaments a third would be to team up with the Munch Cup @mamutas, @Ravers, @LloydsGamble which seems to be on a bit of a semi-hiatus at the moment and run them as longer comps alongside the Big Crunch. Another option would be to do them as weekend or single day events.

What do people think? I'll admit my own bias is to keep them as short events (no more than 4 weeks) but not single day events as I don't have the luxury to spend a whole day playing bb these days.

Also a name for this event, I know we already have the Mighty Mithril but I was also thinking Munch Madness, Munched Cup, or Crunchy Cup. If the events get at least 20 competitors I think they should have a forum trophy associated too.

8. Majestic

Majestic New Member

Steam Username:
    Majestic
    Country Flag:
    I am in as long as it's not a "one and done" league as those drive me crazy!

TravelScrabble likes this.
  9. RK Blaze

RK Blaze Active Member

Steam Username:
    rkdblaze
    Cyanide Username:
    RK Blaze
    Country Flag:
    My vote would be Option 3. The longer competition run alongside Big Crunch.

TravelScrabble likes this.
  10. mamutas

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    Great idea and it has my full support on that. It seems to me that with BC and LC being very popular now there is little room left for an ordinary competition, either in free or structured format. I was thinking about changes in Munch Cup for the next year, and this might be exactly what is needed.
    And honestly I enjoyed DB style team rosters and mixed team would be a great replacement for that.

I'd opt for a persistent competition with structured tiers and promotion/demotion rules, as this formula proved to be more popular. Not Swiss, with mixed race team rosters. Perhaps some limit on the initial rosters, but more open with progress. No "pure" races, must be a "mixed" race. Something like that.

Resurrection and Swiss format are better suited for Mithril style, one short tournament, with no persistence.

11. Larkstar

Larkstar Active Member

Country Flag:
    I'd be interested in a persistent league for mixed races. Please add me to the list!

12. RK Blaze

RK Blaze Active Member

Steam Username:
    rkdblaze
    Cyanide Username:
    RK Blaze
    Country Flag:
    What about "Mixed Munch?"

LloydsGamble likes this.
  13. Mynimo1

Mynimo1 Active Member

Steam Username:
    mynimo6
    Cyanide Username:
    Mynimo1
    Country Flag:
    I would be in and like a more persistant league. Most of the fun for me is developing players and watching a team get better.

I think 1000 tv is a good start point and open to whatever you can afford in that group. Start the new league just like LC with no champion the 1st season only seeding. 2nd season use promotions/demotion divisions like we do now. Judt my 2 cents

14. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Its unanimous, there's some demand for a persistent mixed league, likely quite small. I will have some time to look at setting this up after Christmas. I should say its not something I would want to lead long term but we can cross that bridge when we come to it. If anyone has energy to get things moving sooner be my guest.

15. mamutas

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    I just want to post an update here that I had been talking with @TravelScrabble about the details. This league is happening and I'll post here shortly. At this moment we are planning to kick off in the middle of January while time before that will be spent on various organizational details and sign ups starting right after Christmas.

Stay tuned!

RK Blaze likes this.
  16. RK Blaze

RK Blaze Active Member

Steam Username:
    rkdblaze
    Cyanide Username:
    RK Blaze
    Country Flag:
    Awesome @mamutas I'll keep my eyes peeled!

17. mamutas

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
  18. mamutas

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
  19. mamutas

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
  20. Werebat

Werebat Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Werebat
    Country Flag:
    Mamutas,

Thanks so much for the invite, but I am going to have to pass this time around. Just too much going on at home, barely have time for the BC. But who knows, maybe in the future. Best of luck to you all!