1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chaos Dwarf Are there any Tourneys in Phoenix?

Discussion in 'NAF Resurrection Tournament Tactics' started by Captain Thorrek, May 2, 2012.

1. Captain Thorrek

Captain Thorrek Member

Country Flag:
    I'm thinking of painting and getting together either my Gobbo Science Society or Moulder's Marauders teams together for a tourney around Phoenix, if there is one. Anyone know if there's a Tourney brewing around here?

2. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
  3. Captain Thorrek

Captain Thorrek Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks for the info, Coach! I'll look into it. :)

4. Coyote81

Coyote81 New Member

Country Flag:
    There is also a BB league starting up at Empire Games. I live in phoenix as well, so maybe we can get together and play some games, you could perhaps teach me some things since I recently got into the game.

5. Captain Thorrek

Captain Thorrek Member

Country Flag:
    Okay, let's see... Empire Games is... cool, it's not that far away. I'll give them a call and see what's going on with it. Also, if you're up for a match on a Tuesday or Wednesday, give me a hollar (those are my days off right now). :) I can't really do things on the weekend, since I'm planning for the wedding and everything else. :)

Update: Just gave Empire Games a call, and it's perfect with League Matches on Tuesday... for once leagues and campaigns happen on my days off! :D I'll be bringing my Chaos Dwarf team, the Gobbo Science Society (mad scientist night gobbos). You can tell who I am; I'll be the only Coach wearing a Seattle Thunderbirds hockey jersey. ;)

You mentioned playing WHFB and 40k... depending on the theme, you can use your other minis for your Blood Bowl team. For example, the Gobbo Science Society used to be a Goblin Team called the Gobbo Mekkaniks' Gild... as the theme evolved, I changed races. The "trolls" I had in mind were actually 40k Killa Kans. The gobbos removed the trolls' brains and put them in the Kill Kanz, whereas when the troll bodies woke up, they grew smarter from their brains being removed and now teach advanced quantum physics at the University of Altdorff. ;)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  6. Captain Thorrek

Captain Thorrek Member

Country Flag:
    Went to Empire Games, it's a great place! I'm not going to be able to make it to tonight's match, but it's only the preseason so it's okay. I'm heading there next week for sure. :)

7. Captain Thorrek

Captain Thorrek Member

Country Flag:
    Drat!!! :mad:

Not going to be able to make it and get my team on the pitch this week. I'm so worn out from picking up the slack for other shifts at work, I have no energy to make the trip. Hopefully things will be different next week.