1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Armello

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Valokiloren, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Valokiloren

Valokiloren Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    ʋǟʟ
    Cyanide Username:
    Valokiloren
    Country Flag:
    Has anyone else taken an interest and/or purchased this one? It's a fairly good board-game that you can play on PC or console, and it plays sort of like a combination between your fairly standard Talisman game and Game of Thrones. But with cutesy woodland critters as opposed to grizzled warriors, which in my opinion makes it that much more fun and intriguing.

I purchased a copy of it on Tuesday, and am quite enjoying the single player, but wanted to see if anyone had got a copy themselves - I'm pretty damn interested in the multiplayer and wanted to play people of a similar skill-level first. (i.e. step above noob). :D

2. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Well, I looked up some gameplay of this, then got it and played a game myself.

Is a pretty fun game, I can see it being a laugh if we could get a nice 4 player multiplayer game of it going so I would be up for it.

3. Valokiloren

Steam Username:
    ʋǟʟ
    Cyanide Username:
    Valokiloren
    Country Flag:
    Have now unlocked all the amulets and completed a game as victor with every character so far. Having played it a fair amount, I have to say that I prefer the simplicity of Thane or the sorcery of Sana to the other six, though with the right luck and set-up I could see a Marcurio game being really fun. Will need to play the male rabbit again - have only played a single game with him and won, so I'll have to see how useful Tinkerer can be now I learnt how exactly you're supposed to use it.
    Of all the characters, I dislike River the most, since the +1 unblockable dmg which actually counts as combat for the purposes of gaining prestige and bounties etc. is a little broken since it completely ignores high-defence builds. That being said, someone with a Zosha with +3 shields and the Evade ring on would be super defensive and super offensive due to her statline, so maybe the introduction of a pure damage ability was necessary to keep certain aspects of the game in check?

4. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Ive only played 5 or 6 games, all vs AI, won all but one of them. I have every victory apart from killing the king normally. I found Rot victory quite fun, though dependant on starting with a few rot cards in your starting hand to attempt it, though after getting it once it could be easier with the amulet for it.

The male bear and the female rat have been my fav so far, I still need to play thane, river and the male rabbit. But the male rabbits power sounds, eh. There are very few situations where I would like the idea of switching between equipement, and doing so means you don't get to draw new cards next turn for doing it.

River's power is annoying, it is a certain 1 damage, but then again, that is all you get and it is only when attacking and isn't helping you at any other time. Plus she has to follow up with an attack after, and if it does kill before battling, you don't get to move into the tile wasting an action point.

5. Valokiloren

Steam Username:
    ʋǟʟ
    Cyanide Username:
    Valokiloren
    Country Flag:
    Apparently, since equipment that you unequip using Tinkerer skill doesn't cost anything to re-equip it, you are supposed to use combinations like +2 dice for attacking on your own moves and then replace it with stuff which is +2 dice when defending. It also means you can keep ahold of stuff such as the -1 AP for +3 shields on turns when you have a bounty on your head. And obviously the gear rotates back into your hand so you can keep the best stuff and throw the awful stuff in fights or perils as burnables.

I kinda want to see some more clans, like Rooster Clan or Ferret Clan. Sort of working the whole Redwall stuff with clan choices, while making them distinct enough. Maybe something working in bonuses to having followers, perhaps?

6. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Something more for followers would be nice, I have had like 2? In my 5 games playing it.

I still can't see the value in swapping back and forth between the equipement cards for free. Defence and offense dice are both useful when attacking or being attacked (Like you want lots of defence dice when going to kill the king in combat, as otherwise the highest prestige wins if you both die)

I have read there is 2 extra characters only present for kickstarter backers at the moment, to later be DLC for everyone else. I believe I also read somewhere when looking up that they were hopeful to get to about 20 characters in total, so should be a fair few more to come.

7. Valokiloren

Steam Username:
    ʋǟʟ
    Cyanide Username:
    Valokiloren
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, followers are very hit/miss for me right now. I mean, I've seen useful followers, but I can't ever seem to actually get them myself.

Tried this out earlier, and I had the Lionplate Breastplate and the Heavy Plate Mail for defensive items. By having the option to switch between equipment, on my movement phase I could unequip the Heavy Chain for something else to remove the -1AP, and then once I was done I could quickly switch back to the Heavy Plate Mail for defense. Considering I also had the Bane Blade for major offense, I would have been able to slaughter the King if I had had the opportunity to actually attack him (was Immolated from 1 square just before I was going to attack the King).

Yeah, I'm interested in the so-called Bandit characters. Maybe one of them gains +Atk for each Trickery card used, similar to Bran (male bear)? And should be good to see more guys.