1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aspiring Averland [S20 Fluff]

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by Supa, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Supa

Supa Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    The following aspiring coaches compete in Averland this season:

@SlyAnimal (AKA Papanasty)
    @troxbirds
    @Spivey
    @Rocketdeath
    @Cr3pusculum
    @Cosi
    @TheSir
    @Tusak
    @JJape
    @Warzog Conquest

So I promoted from Averland last season, and from Cathay to Averland season before that. Needless to say, I've come to haunt most of you as an admin for being meanies to my Sucky Bloat.

Some stuff I want to make clear, as I do each season:

• The level of play in Big Crunch 2 is high, not to forget that the name of the game is Blood Bowl. While emotions are flowing wildly, you are expected to finish your season no matter how harsh it is (unless something pops up in life, but that's a complete different story). Also anything that is written in the rules, is allowed, or is not forbidden (so fouling is allowed, stalling isn't forbidden, for an example).
    • Stick to the timetable, or at the very least inform me and your opponent that next match is going to be difficult to schedule. Do not just disappear or leave your future opponent hanging until the last minutes when we are just about to roll to the next match week. Read the forums regularly!
    • Don't be an a-hole. While banter is great in this game, know when it is going to too far. We're a friendly community and want to continue it that way. While games are tough and difficult, most importantly we're still here to have fun and have a good laugh... or, that's what we think we are doing before starting the game... :skull::skull::skull:
    But enough about me. This is your place, aspiring coaches. Averland is a great place to rise from greatness... or wither away with your team. Do your best to achieve the former. Tickets have been sent to you, go and accept them. Season kicks off at 25th of March (Wednesday)!

Tomorrow there will be an update to the rules, and it doesn't hurt to refresh your memory by reading them again, just in case. Here they are: https://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/big-crunch-2-rules.6120/

Season 20 baby. Still going hard. Let's keep up the tough, competitive Blood Bowl mentality here! :pow::pow:

Spivey likes this.
  2. Supa

Supa Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Teams Breakdown
    The Undying Legion (Undead), coached by @SlyAnimal: They started their career 18-0-0 if my memory serves me correct, and immediately went for Altdwarf. Since then it's been quite rough for this team, and they've suffered plenty of injuries. However, they still have amazing, blocked up mummies (one with +ST), neat utility wight and speedster carrier. They should be fine this season, rebuilding and pushing back to t2.

Capering Oligarchs (Kislev), coached by @troxbirds: Troxbirds kept these guys in t2 for a long, long time. Eventually they obtained their first legend in the team, but also lost plenty of players along the way. They have great skills on their players, and there is definitely some rebuilding potential, even if they have to play with loners for the first few games. Troxbirds is experienced with Kislev, but the team is so beat up I foresee that top4 is very challenging to reach this season.

Good Fellaz (Orc), coached by @Spivey: Good Fellaz have taken it nice and steady in this perpetual league. Not too risky approach, and in a short amount of time they have collected SPP well in lower divisions. Could this season be the one they make their way up? The team starts to remind of reigning champion Von Blitzers slowly. Black orcs are crippled, yet solid, and there's some fine blitzers with some agility mixed in. Definitely a contender this season.

Zharrmin Ultra Soft (Chaos Dwarf), coached by @Rocketdeath: They had an impressive first season, but struggled at times last season. Losing a good centaur certainly hampered their winrate and they are looking forward to build a new one, along building the rest of the team. The dwarf core is promising, but still could use some more strength skills to truly shine on bullying their opponents. They have one superstar candidate in AG3/block/mightyblow centaur though, and this is the player that dictates how many games go I imagine. Top4 is possible, but they might just miss it out this season, while developing steadily.

Mordheim Bodysnatchers (Necromantic), coached by @Cr3pusculum: Bodysnatchers have been around the league for some time, and their journey has been a rollercoaster. Many great expectations have been put on them by their coach and fans, yet some uneventful disaster seems to strike. They have arguably some of the finest werewolves this league has ever seen. Claw-Mighty-Pileon combod Wulfan-Ar-Ulric is merely 3SPP away from legend status, and his comrade Hans Ar-Ulric is a mighty ST4 superstar wolf. However, one of the flesh golems is rookie and the wights are little underwhelming, after losing both developed ones last season. The ghouls are very promising though. I have no idea where to rank these, it will be a hit or miss season!

Caledonia Woadmen (Norse), coached by @Cosi: An impressive 6-1-2 record for these Norse last season... but boy, did they suffer some damage along the way! They have some gold in their treasury, so expect to see more than 8 players before the 1st game. Sadly for them... the team is overwhelmingly underdeveloped for t3 it seems. Norse armor7 will be even more rubbish here, and as of writing this they have barely any hitting power to depitch their opponents before Norse go to valhalla. Cosi played chaos without warriors last season, so he surely knows how play underdogs. This is however a challenge unlike the previous ones Prove me wrong, for I've hard time seeing the norse reach anything better than 10th place!

Nachthafen Howlers (Necromantic), coached by @TheSir: Solid 1st season for them which also saw fine development. As is usual, they got a mighty blow werewolf, which will be important player for seasons to come, assuming he lives. The wights could go anywhere, one of the ghouls is a fast boy and the golems are developing well. Overall some solid skills and many development paths to choose from here. TheSir is a skilled coach who could take them to t2 this season... but does he want to risk his team for it yet? That remains to be seen!

Pukki Party (Vampire), coached by @Tusak: Some vampire madness in Averland too, and these boys have been blessed with stats. Not just the vampires, but two of the thralls have hit the gym and are strength boosted. Only one of the four vampires doesn't have a stat boost, yet he is the most skilled one. What this team lacks is obviously 1-2 more vampires, as well as the crucial pro skill. When this team is on, they will be unstoppable. But I have to imagine that bloodlusts, as well as early on only 4 vamps will not be able to get points consistently enough to reach top4.

Dwarves-in-Disguise (Dwarf... wait, no... Dark elves!), coached by @JJape: Solid first season for the elves. They have a nasty ag5 witch Snow White, who will probably develop into something similar as the legend Savage Kitkat, or Jjapes previous amazon near-legend Ann Takemaki. Team is also blessed with two guard in the team, which is crucial for elves. They also happen to be the only elf team in the division. I feel like this team is made for Jjape... they might seem a little underwhelming now, but them being elves should win games. They need to avoid breaking too hard so they can focus on developing the team though.

The Immortallzs (Orc), coached by @Warzog Conquest: This orc team has also improved steadily. Two agility4 blitzers gives plenty of options for usually immobile orc team. The team's troll has rolled block, which seems to happen to nearly every big guy and this definitely makes it worth it to carry him around. The pieces are looking good, and Warzog Conquest is managing well in BBT for a newer coach. Now the next step is to survive in t3, as well as to improve his team even further.

Predictions
    1. The Undying Legion
    2. Good Fellaz
    3. Mordheim Bodysnatchers
    4. Dwarves-in-Disguise
    5. Nachthafen Howlers
    6. Zharrmin Ultra Soft
    7. Capering Oligarchs
    8. Pukki Party
    9. The Immortallzs
    10. Caledonia Woadmen

Potentially the most difficult predictions ever made for me, so I expect to hear about this list for many months to come. However last season I nailed quite a bit of them, so I hope the magic is still with me. As always, this list is only mindless speculation and made only for fun... so most definitely do get offended about it. :cool::skull::skull: If you ain't happy with your prediction, prove me wrong! It's... not too difficult actually. :oops:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  3. Cr3pusculum

Cr3pusculum Active Member

Steam Username:
    Cr3pusculum
    Cyanide Username:
    Cr3pusculum
    Country Flag:
    So the Mordheim Bodysnatchers get another chance to try and make it out of Averland, lets see if these undead dimwits can play together as a team for once ;)

Rocketdeath and Spivey like this.
  4. Rocketdeath

Rocketdeath Active Member

Steam Username:
    Rocketdeath
    Cyanide Username:
    Rocketdeath
    Country Flag:
    Good luck coaches, I’m gonna do my best to grind your teams into fuel for the furnaces!

Cr3pusculum likes this.
  5. Tusak

Tusak Active Member

Steam Username:
    Tusak
    Cyanide Username:
    Tusak
    Country Flag:
    Have a great season all.

My guys will probably be more intrested in sucking the blood out their teammates than playing the ball, but with some nice stat increases we are ready for the season.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    Cr3pusculum likes this.
  6. Spivey

Spivey Member

Steam Username:
    Spivey
    Cyanide Username:
    Spivey
    Country Flag:
    My Fellas are ready for their third season in averland. @Supa I miss the Kislev boys already.

Cr3pusculum likes this.
  7. troxbirds

troxbirds Active Member

Steam Username:
    troxbirds
    Cyanide Username:
    troxbirds
    Country Flag:
    Too late! The Ollies have already been ground into the furnace!

Cr3pusculum likes this.
  8. Supa

Supa Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Troxbirds is here to keep you entertained with his veteran Kislev. :)

Cr3pusculum and Spivey like this.
  9. Rocketdeath

Steam Username:
    Rocketdeath
    Cyanide Username:
    Rocketdeath
    Country Flag:
    LOL I dont even know what I'm talkin about it just sounds like a chorfy thing to say.

Cr3pusculum likes this.
  10. SlyAnimal

SlyAnimal Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    PapaNasty
    Country Flag:
    Almost Ascended to Altdorf, Alas An About turn to Averland, where An Adventure of Awesome Accolades and Amazing Anecdotes Awaits!!

Cr3pusculum likes this.
  11. Warzog Conquest

Warzog Conquest Member

Steam Username:
    Warzog
    Country Flag:
    Let's see how my Orcs perform now that they are out of the rookies Division.

12. Regor

Regor Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Fire the goblin!

13. troxbirds

troxbirds Active Member

Steam Username:
    troxbirds
    Cyanide Username:
    troxbirds
    Country Flag:
    You will be entertained by their skill in failing every 3+2+ with a reroll, and by their wholesale dying!

Spivey likes this.
  14. Supa

Supa Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    9/10 tickets have been accepted, great job! @Tusak is the only one who hasn't done so yet. Get to it, don't let Finnish reputation down.

15. Tusak

Tusak Active Member

Steam Username:
    Tusak
    Cyanide Username:
    Tusak
    Country Flag:
    Done!

Cr3pusculum likes this.
  16. Supa

Supa Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Most impressive, thank you everyone. Averland is the 2nd division to have all the tickets accepted. However, we'll have to wait until Altdwarf, Reikland and Nordland start before I can boot up the competition. I will try to do predictions this week.

Cr3pusculum and Spivey like this.
  17. Supa

Supa Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Predictions are up, and the division has launched. Match day thread firing up soon.

18. troxbirds

troxbirds Active Member

Steam Username:
    troxbirds
    Cyanide Username:
    troxbirds
    Country Flag:
    I will prove you wrong by finishing 8th!

Coach Xerwox and Supa like this.
  19. SlyAnimal

SlyAnimal Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    PapaNasty
    Country Flag:
    haha a couple of good seasons in T4/T3 and now everyone has high hopes for me, which I've been unable to deliver on the past 2 seasons :(

Hopefully 3rd time's the charm, and I can get promoted back up to T2 :)

20. Rocketdeath

Steam Username:
    Rocketdeath
    Cyanide Username:
    Rocketdeath
    Country Flag:
    Your all going down, Im gonna win, and throw you all in my furnace