1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyanide Attention Australians/New Zealanders

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Rusty, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Rusty

Rusty Active Member

Country Flag:
    NHM carried on his impressive form by beating my Savage Orcs 1-0. I got a lot of luck with armour breaks early on and stopped his drive, managing to get the ball on the floor without ever stealing it. My KOs then came back whereas NHM's didn't, which meant 11 vs 7 for the second half. I screwed up the first turn though which meant I couldn't make a safe cage in my second turn and a 1d block knocked my carrier over. There was a three- or four-turn scrum where I couldn't knock anyone over but the ball kept bouncing really nicely for me, but when that finally ran out NHM got the ball and made a break for it. I got 8 block dice on him but couldn't get the :bothdown: or :pow: I needed and he ran in. TTM failed again and that was that! I still only have 2 skills on this team, but I do have a nice spread of SPP so maybe I'll suddenly get 3 or 4 skills in one game. :)

Except if you work at Melbourne Uni, in which case you're still supposed to be at work as normal... but yeah, it's a pretty preposterous reaction to a horse race.

2. nufflehatesme

nufflehatesme Member

Country Flag:
    ineffectual stabbin and some nasty blocking by rusty saw my drive stuffed, and was lucky not to give up the defensive score.
    2nd half, i lag out on my setup, leaving my witch on the los in a widezone. rusty the gentlemen chooses not to block her :)
    7v11 so i go agressive d, and get a 1d blitz to knock out the thrower on t9. a scrum ensues, with my assassins in the middle shadowing blocks to muck up rustys blocking schemes. rusty's block dice have abandoned him at this stage, but my t11 an orc blitzer picks up the bouncing ball. in t12 he tries to blitz free, but gets :bothdown::bothdown:, leaving him stuck in the scrum (i had an assassin ready to shadow him as well). my t12 i injure the blitzer, only for the ball to be caught by the star gobbo. my assassin stabs him and injures him as well, and my dodge lino manages to get the ball and run past halfway. he then survives 2 rerolled blitz's to run in the only td.

bbmanager shows rusty blocking at 39%. it would have been higher than that up until half time, where the block dice abandoned him.
    dodged a bullet this game i think.
    cheers mate, was a great game. the luck swung wildly between halves which made it all the more intersting.

3. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Skaven vs Undead

I had my match vs Redcard last night. I won the toss and chose to receive, only for him to get a blitz result. And although he couldn’t get to the ball, it really put me on the back foot. The next 5 turns were a game of keep away, with me forming screens and mini cages and constantly switching the ball in an effort to evade his players and try and find a chink in his defences (all the time in my own half and severely under pressure). He played really smart by not overcommiting and keeping his Wights deep in his own half so that I couldn’t just break free with a gutter. As it was, I managed to break through and mark up his players, requiring some hero dodging by his AG4 Wight to get a blitz on my carrier. I think it was something like 2+ 3+ 3+ 2+ 2+ and he used a reroll, meaning he couldn’t reroll the blitz, which was a :pushback::powdodge:. This left me free to stall for a couple of turns or score, so I duly scored on my turn 6.

3 turns left for him to get a reply, but numbers were still 11 vs 11 (my KO woke up). He managed to badly hurt 2 Linerats, but :bothdown::bothdown: rerolled :bothdown::bothdown: by a Mummy left his Ghoul carrier open to a blitz. I got in the assist and went for him with my Dauntless/Wrestle Gutter, but Dauntless failed and I just pushed him. He then broke free down the sideline, handing off and making a sprint for it, but tripped over his own feet on a gfi with no reroll left. This left me with about a 50/50 chance to score on turn 8, at which time my computer crashed (I had stupidly forgotten to plug in the laptop and the battery ran out).

Really annoying end to the game, but as it was already after midnight Aus time, I awarded Redcard the 3-1 win, meaning he got double winnings and a heap of free spp (on top of the cas he caused during the game). Unfortunately as I d/c I got no winnings and only 4spp (my TD and a pass completion made during the game). I also have a rat MNG, so it will be a tough last few matches for the Skaven.

So that means we can roll forward to the next MD as all games have now been played. Get organizing people! And don’t forget to plug in your computers before the match!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  4. Rusty

Rusty Active Member

Country Flag:
    Remember that Dirk is away until the 30th though, so this will be a slow "week". :)

5. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I'm pretty sure its me who is scheduled against Dirk. So it looks like my Skaven will get a couple of weeks off until their next match.

@ Dirk - give me a yell when you are back and we can organise the match. I'm in Japan, so GMT+9. What is your timezone?

6. Rusty

Rusty Active Member

Country Flag:
    It was, and in fact every game I've had so far with this team has been tons of fun, even against Redcard when he totally smashed me up. I'd strongly recommend trying out an unusual, sub-optimal roster to anyone who hasn't tried it. :)

Edit: Megrim, I'll be able to do most of Saturday or next week from Wednesday onwards. Let me know. :)

7. lamaros

lamaros Member

Country Flag:
    Ooer, my turn against the shankers. I'm out until at least Tuesday night, some some time after that would be best.

8. Pottsy

Pottsy Member

Country Flag:
    Redcard I'm up against your zombies this week. When do you want to play. I can manage kick-off anytime from 9pm most days.

9. redcard

redcard Member

Country Flag:
    best time may be either sun or monday this week i move house on tuesday in fact im in the new hosue today typing on the phone after that dunno when ill have the net

10. Pottsy

Pottsy Member

Country Flag:
    We'll try Sunday 9pm. Gives us Monday to fall back on.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  11. redcard

redcard Member

Country Flag:
    sure mate no problem

12. redcard

redcard Member

Country Flag:
    Good game vs pottsy 2-0 win to the undead but was a comedy of errors with me failing about 9 out of 10 gfis

turned him over turn 3 stalled out the half doing a little bit of damage along the way the second half is where the luck turned strolling down the field for the td with my goul needing a skill and you guess it he trips. we then fumbled around with the ball for a while till i scored with an elf play last turn

13. nufflehatesme

nufflehatesme Member

Country Flag:
    hey mate, i could play tues night, weds night too. thursday night is no good

14. Megrim

Megrim New Member

Country Flag:
    We can try pretty much any time Wednesday.

15. lamaros

lamaros Member

Country Flag:
    I might be free tonight, depends if I get my project done early or not. Will let you know. Otherwise tomorrow will work.

Game set for 8:30!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  16. Rusty

Rusty Active Member

Country Flag:
    I can only do the evening - 20:00 Melbourne time or later.

17. lamaros

lamaros Member

Country Flag:
    We played our nuffle-soaked game.

Started with a BH rock for the Shankers in the first kickoff. Continued with my MB Berzerker taking down the Assassins (one Dead apothed to -AV I think). Continued with the shankers making some tripple dodge 1D blocks to get the ball loose, then some more dodging and ball gathering (in two TZs) only to fail a dodge to run and score with double 1s.

I managed to run the score in on the half, making it 1-0.

Second was very cagey, with some very defensive play not working out for anyone all that much. In the end the shankers made some 1D blocks, some dodges, a pass, a catch and another dodge to score.

Norse then went slowly up the pitch but made some counting errors, giving themselves one less square than what was needed to score. A handoff to a WW was required, but with the turn's RR burnt on double skulls it was chancy.

But he caught the handoff!

And failed the GFI, KOing himself.

So it was 1-1 in the end, giving me my 4th draw for the season and consolidating the shankers up at the top of the league.

18. nufflehatesme

nufflehatesme Member

Country Flag:
    crazy game. i was down 3 players by t4, so needed hero plays to stay in the game.
    que 3 2+ dodges followed by a :powdodge: on the blitz :D wasnt finished their though, my dodge lino going 4+, 2+, 2+ pick up and launched an inaccurate pass to my assassin near the ez. ball ends up in his tz. lamaros runs back, but my ass stabs one player off the ball, my witch picks up in 2 tz's and with a 2+ dodge is home free to score..... snake eyes. lamaros recovers, my witch jumps up and 1d the ball carrier over, but blocks instead of blitz :mad:
    from here lamaros picks up and handoffs to make it 1-0

2nd half its 7v11, i manage to play keep away for 4 turns then pull off a pretty risky td play t13.

gg mate

19. Megrim

Megrim New Member

Country Flag:
    I'll be around from 8pm onwards, let me know when.

20. Rusty

Rusty Active Member

Country Flag:
    The earlier the better, so I'll hang around in-game right now and check every 5 mins or so for you to log in.