1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Averland Aversion Therapy [S16 fluff thread]

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by Orielensis, May 11, 2019.

1. SlyAnimal

SlyAnimal Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    PapaNasty
    Country Flag:
    Even 4 weeks in and it seems like our division isn't going to make predictions easy for Orielensis.

Antonis, Cr3pusculum, Ernedar & Otherguy are all tied at 2nd= with a 2 - 1 - 1 (7 points) record.

Doohickey only 1 point behind with 2 - 0 - 2 (6 points).

yrDoctor (4 points), Nooobody (3 points) & Catastrophe (3 points) staying in touch while sbr32 (1 point) seems to have cancelled all of his team's practice sessions due to all of the funerals his players have had to attend recently.

Meanwhile my undead are still using their dice from last season, leading the division 4-0-0, with an alltime record of 12 - 1 - 0

(Had to get this in before I take a loss, as I'm amazed they've made it this far without one lol).

Cr3pusculum and Otherguy like this.
  2. Otherguy

Otherguy Active Member

Country Flag:
    @SlyAnimal strong team, strong coach. No wonder you are #1. Our game should have been a draw whatsoever.

I am playing Ernedar this Sunday. Looking forward to that game, as it will give us both a direction.

Speaking for me I can say I still feel very uncomfortable seeing so many teams with such a high tv

3. SlyAnimal

Cyanide Username:
    PapaNasty
    Country Flag:
    @Otherguy It isn't that the other teams are high, but rather that your team is very trim :p

Trim because you wanted to get a wizard against me in our T4 match lol. Otherwise, with a reserve + 3rd reroll you'd have 1450TV, and be quite close on TV to most of the other teams :p

Otherguy likes this.
  4. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    I'm definitely predicting @SlyAnimal last by the way for impertinence

Up to the rest of you to make it happen!

5. SlyAnimal

Cyanide Username:
    PapaNasty
    Country Flag:
    Hehe well that's 1 prediction made, 9 more to go :p

Orielensis likes this.
  6. Cr3pusculum

Cr3pusculum Active Member

Steam Username:
    Cr3pusculum
    Cyanide Username:
    Cr3pusculum
    Country Flag:
    MD5 was cleared within 72 hours and to continue on @SlyAnimal and his comments on the close fight in the division.
    With 4 weeks to go things are really starting to heat up with some really firece matchups around the corner, pure mathematically
    everyone still has a shot the 4 promotion spots with only 5 pts dividing No 4 and No 10.

upload_2019-6-18_14-5-39.png

Ive done a prediction of the final standings for when the smoke have cleared the pitches, if you dont agree...prove me wrong :p

Predicted final standings:
    The Undying Legion (Undead) - 27 pts (W,W,W,W)
    Prediction/Comment:
    the Averland victor is pretty much decided, PapaNasty might loose a few points on the final 4 if the dice lets the team down. But 2 wins should be enough to bolster the current 5 pts lead into a division win. The potential is high for a prefect season.
    Remaining matchups: Tattling Blabbermouths (Zons), Can I axe you sumtink? (Orcs), Lions and the Willow (Welves), Circus Flying Scooter (Necro)

Mordheim Bodysnatchers (Necro) - 18 pts (T,W,W,T)
    Prediction/Comment: This season has gone beyond expectations for me, so far only The Undying Legion has cost me a loss. A lot will depend on how my match vs. Circus Flying Scooters. That is a team that with som good rolls may chop down my team in size quite quickly. I do believe that I have a fair shot at keeping the 2nd place in the end.
    Remaining matchups: Circus Flying Scooter (Necro), Blitzing Eurostars (Helves), La mi phava a riposo (Lizards), Nonfactors (Chaos)

Circus Flying Scooters (Necro) - 17 pts (T,W,W,L)
    Prediction/Comment: There are some tough matchups waiting for Circus Flying Scooters but I think that they certainly have a shot at keeping up with the top 4. Theyve got some serious removal potential so anything goes. 2nd or 3rd place will be decided by the matchups against myself and the Undying Legion.
    Remaining matchups: Mordheim Bodysnatchers (Necro), La mi phava a riposo (Lizards), Can I axe you sumtink? (Orcs), The Undying Legion (Undead)

Nonfactors (Chaos) - 17 pts (W,W,W,T)
    Prediction/Comment: The Nonfactors have had quite a stable season so far and are one of 5 teams competing for the 3 spots behind The Undying Legion. I do believe the Nonfactors have the slight upper hand with some "easier" opponents in the final matchups then the Blitzing Eurostars which should give them the final spot for promotion. They are at the moment competing with the Undying Legion regarding most CAS this season with my own Mordheim Bodysnatchers 1 CAS behind them. Will they bash they're way to the promotion spots?
    Remaining Matchups: Lions and the Willow (Welves), Tattling Blabbermouths (Zons), The BEATles (Bretts), Mordheim Bodysnatchers (Necro)

Blitzing Eurostars (Helves) - 16 pts (W,L,W,W)

Prediction/Comment: the Blitzing Eurostars have done their job and are the 2nd highest scoring team so far but also have the 3rd most TD against them. They have some matchups thats looking decently favourable but might come up slightly short of the points needed for the promotion spots.
    Remaining Matchups: Can I axe you sumtink? (Orcs), Mordheim Bodysnatchers (Necro), Tattling Blabbermouths (Zons), La mi phava a riposo (Lizards)

La mi phava a riposo (Lizards) - 10 pts (W,L,L,L)

Prediction/Comment: The Lizards have struggled against the higher placed team in the division and have quite a tough schedule ahead with both Necro teams coming up back to back. Im afraid that the wont make the cut to keep up with the other teams in the fight for the top 4 spots.
    Remaining Matchups: The BETAles (Bretts), Circus Flying Scooters (Necro), Mordheim Bosynatchers (Necro), Blitzing Eurostars (Helves)

The BEATles (Bretts) - 10 pts (L,W,L,T)
    Prediction/Comment: The BEATles showed posture and took down the Circus Flying Scooters in the opening game but have since then struggled against the higher up teams in the standings. There are some favourable matchups still to go and they could still swing it and end up within reach of the top 4. First of is the La mi phava a riposo which will be the deal breaker.
    Remaining Matchups: La mi phava a riposo (Lizards), Lions and the Willow (Welves), Nonfactors (Chaos), Can I axe you sumtink? (Orcs)

Can I axe you sumtink? (Orcs) - 7 pts (L,L,L,W)
    Prediction/Comment: Catastophe and his Orcs bashed the heads in on the La mi phava a riposo but have not managed to come out on top in the other matchups and will struggle in the final 4 games when he goes up against 3 teams on the upper half on the standings. He has the tools at his disposal though and might very well do an upset or 2 in the final stretch. Im afraid that the race for a promotion is gonna end up a bit short anyways and that Can I axe you sumtink? will need to try and harvest SPP's and punch their way to the top next season.
    Remaining Matchups: Blitzing Eurostars (Helves), The Undying Legion (Undead), Circus Flying Scooters (Necro), The BETAles (Bretts)

Tattling Blabbermouths (Zons) - 6 pts (L,L,L,W)
    Prediction/Comment: Nooobody and his Zons took a chunk out of Can I axe you sumtink? in the opening game but havent managed to the momentum going for the Zons. Some really tough matchups are waiting before the final games and the Lions and the Willow. Can Nooobody muster his Zons to take the fight and gather some additional points?
    Remaining Matchups: The Undying Legion (Undead), Nonfactors (Chaos), Blitzing Eurostars (Helves), Lions and the Willow (Welves)

Lions and the Willow (Welves) - 2 pts (L,L,L,L)
    Prediction/Comment: sbr32 and his Welves have had the tough season many predicted at the start, they have managed to draw a tie vs. Mordheim Bodysnatchers and Can I axe you sumtink but I fear that there is a I risk they wont be able to acquire any more points before the season is over. Well fought sbr32, the odds where kinda stacked against you from the get go.
    Remaining Matchups: Nonfactors (Chaos), The BEATles (Bretts), The Undying Legion (Undead), Tattling Blabbermouths (Zons)

Attached Files:

SlyAnimal, Orielensis and Otherguy like this.
  7. Otherguy

Otherguy Active Member

Country Flag:
    Great work @Cr3pusculum. Looking to become an admin next season? :cool:

8. Cr3pusculum

Steam Username:
    Cr3pusculum
    Cyanide Username:
    Cr3pusculum
    Country Flag:
    Havent thought about it until now, if theres a spot open i might just be game ;)

9. SlyAnimal

Cyanide Username:
    PapaNasty
    Country Flag:
    Just gotta take one game at a time.

I'm surprised that my team is doing this well in T3, as although I had a positive feeling about my initial matchups (Since I played them in T4 last season), looking at the teams I've still got to face, I think that they'll all be very tough matches.

Amazons when I've only got 1 tackle (But OK, 4x MB vs an AV7 team which doesn't have a bench)
    2000TV Orcs, my dirty player will need to have an amazing match
    Wood Elves with a Str 4 Agi 5 dancer.
    Necro with 2x MB wolves

Definitely some tough match ups. If any "accidents" were to befall MB wolves, wardancers or an entire Orc team before I play them....you would have my team's eternal gratitude :)

Cr3pusculum likes this.
  10. Cr3pusculum

Steam Username:
    Cr3pusculum
    Cyanide Username:
    Cr3pusculum
    Country Flag:
    As allways with BB2 there are no "easy" games, have myself faced the top 3 teams on your list with the other Necro team next to play. I live by the device "there can be only one" but Im afraid its probably gonna me my Wolves who get busted ;)

11. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    By the way my last 3 opponents now have my permission to kill Neville. The season is lost and almost over and I'm retiring the team at the end of the season anyway. Go ahead and give him a proper warrior's death and let me retire the team without feelign guilty about putting him on the shelf.

Cr3pusculum likes this.
  12. SlyAnimal

Cyanide Username:
    PapaNasty
    Country Flag:
    Is that the supercharged wardancer?

His career doesn’t necessarily need to end just because your team is retiring :) we have recently trimmed our lineup at the Undying Legion and could probably give him a trial :)

Then there’s just one other small detail that he’ll need to do first before he signs on the dotted line :)

Otherguy and sbr32 like this.
  13. Otherguy

Otherguy Active Member

Country Flag:
    @SlyAnimal congratz for the sweep.
    Impressive performance. Very well Deserved.

14. SlyAnimal

Cyanide Username:
    PapaNasty
    Country Flag:
    Cheers, more than my fair share of luck there too. I’m extremely happy with how this season went, will be interesting to see how the next season goes in T2.

Orielensis likes this.
  15. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    And predictions are up! ... only joking!

Apologies for the lack of predictions for you to mock this season guys, you've been a great crew and no trouble at all. Congratulations again obviously to @SlyAnimal for the unbelievable perfect season and to the other (TBC) promotees probably including @Cr3pusculum @Antonis and @doohickey

Cr3pusculum and SlyAnimal like this.