Averland Division - Big Crunch MD7 MM Thread

Limdood

Mega Star Player
Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
Country Flag
Averland has finished its MD6 games nice and early, and as a matter of convenience for the Averland crowd, the MD7 thread is up. Keep in mind, the Match Day is still scheduled to finish on 23:59 GMT on August 20th, so if you were counting on a late-week game for MD7, you're still OK!

MD7 sees:
Matchday 7 Matchups
Cruentus Lacertae - drdodgervs. Greater Ulthuan Heros - Remthar
Damsels in dis dress - Mominatrixvs. Elysian Fields Wanderers - danton
Black Pass Deffendas - Lloydsgamblevs. Chigreton Fam - Chakkal2001
867-5309 - akirilusvs. The Royal Brutes - LoopHOLE
Korn Daemons - Streetvs. Pixel Mafia - Ging

Additionally, a recap of the Standings for those of you too lazy to just click a different thread. Green colored teams have their fate in their own hands - its up to them whether or not they make the Altdwarf premier division next season, they don't need to rely on anyone else losing. Purple Coded teams can make Altdwarf, but they have to beat a green coded team, and get a high enough TD difference to win a tiebreaker if it comes down to it! Orange coded teams can make the Altdwarf division, but only if other people above them lose select games. Pink coded teams must rely on a ridiculously unlikely series of events AND win on tiebreaker TDs to make Atldwarf - If these teams make it, their coaches should immediately place some giant bets with the luck they'll have. Red coded teams have no shot at Altdwarf and must fight to simply escape the dreaded Averland!

1. Chigreton Fam 16 pts
2. Elysian Field's Wanderers 14 pts
3. Damsels in dis dress 11 pts
4. Black Pass Deffendas 11 pts
5. Greater Ulthuan Heros 7 pts
6. 867-5309 7 pts
7. Pixel Mafia 5 pts
8. Korn Daemons 5 pts
9. Cruentus Lacertae 4 pts
10. The Royal Brutes 2 pts

Match rundowns!

We'll call this first one the
:pow:Akirilus lucked out big match!:pow:
867-5309 vs. The Royal Brutes
So everyone has to worry about ogres a little bit....or a lot of bit, when they play them. In this case, akirilus gets a big break, and I think he might owe Chakkal some money, with more than HALF of the ogre's mighty blow and strength missing this game. This will mean that the ogres will probably be getting some crazy inducements, and that LoopHOLE is now playing with nothing to lose here, but regardless of this match, I'm sticking with my first instinct and saying that akirilus gets nice and lucky for this match.

:bothdown:The Beatdown:bothdown:
Black Pass Deffendas vs. Chigreton Fam
Will the Orcs be able to defend the Black Pass from the marauding and musical long dead menace? Will Limdood ever change up his match prediction style and stop asking "who will win" with overly complex text? The answer to these and more can be found...well...in various places, but at least the answer to the FIRST question here will be evident in this game. Orcs are arguably the hardest to injure team in bloodbowl, and fairly good at CAUSING injuries in their own right. This game could EASILY swing either way on the 2d6. If the orcs can stick it to the TGs and regen fails, Chakkal could easily get set back massively in his quest for dominance. On the other hand, AV9 on the orcs only lasts so long vs. MB hits...

:pushback:The Dodgy War!:powdodge:
Cruentus Lacertae vs. Greater Ulthuan Heros
A skink-heavy lizardman team vs. a beat up high elven team that makes a habit out of dodging out of tacklezones to deny blocks....I'm not terribly sure this one will be worth watching, what with the big lizards trying to hit elves, the elves avoiding the big lizards, the elves trying to hit the little lizards, and the little lizards trying to avoid the elves...*yawn* On the other hand here, the hits that ARE successful have a decent chance to cause death and destruction, especially with the "special" attention our little division has attracted from Nuffle's injury-dice-o-death as of late!

:skull:Match of the week!:skull:
Pixel Mafia vs. Korn Daemons
So Street ends up JUST shy of getting a bloodletter for this match, it still becomes a good candidate for match of the week. Both Ging and Street, in addition to having short, easy to type, easy to remember names - have both been clawing their way up from the depths of the standings board as of late. Street managing a 2-1 upset over 867-5309 (i predicted 3-0 to the elves! :eek: ) and a 1-1 draw over some too-greedy amazons, while Ging has pulled his team back from the brink of player-loss obscurity and developed his humans into a fighting force. The humans have a slight edge in the blocking war here, but the Daemons control positioning, by putting the sidelines completely off-limits. Though the coaches may hem and haw and claim that it will be a blowout, these teams' recent performances have caused this game to be this week's Match of the Week!

:bothdown:Flinch of the Week:bothdown:
Damsels in dis dress vs. Elysian Fields Wanderers
For the second week in a row, the Damsels are participating in the flinch of the week (and boy was MD6 bloody...2 deaths, 2 perms, and a BH....all on loners, apo'd successfully, or regenned! :rolleyes:). Their role in this week's flinch is decidedly more "equal opportunity" though! With 2 MB mummies and a fairly developed team including a +AG player, some blodgers, a tackler, and a DP, Danton's Wanderers are well equipped to cause some damage to the previously fearless amazons. On the other hand, the zons managed to use their MD6 game to add a wrodger and a DP to their already potent SIX blodge-guarders! This game may come down to who can get their opponent's key players on the ground and stick the boot in first or hardest! Danton will have the edge in GETTING his targets down with a tackler, but the zons have a lot of targets, and the player you can be sure is their #1 target to hit doesn't get a chance to come back if he gets injured!

As always, good luck in your games. MD7 already....gonna miss this group of coaches for next season, when i get most of the rerollers and least lucky coaches/teams (and possibly most grumpy as a result!)

Last edited:

akirilus

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Hey LoopH0LE - what time works for you this week? This is supposed to be the "elves lucked out" game, but really, staring at 500K+ inducements against, I don't feel especially lucky after all :p . I can easily be looking at zero RR, a wizard, and a bunch of dirty player snotlings (who are already a part of the team, no need to induce them). I thought about firing a lineman to reduce bloat... but really, is there going to be a huge difference between giving away 530K vs. 460K of inducements? I might actually need the extra body. Should be a good game!

P.S. Please don't kill me! (whimpers Jenny)

Limdood

Mega Star Player
Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
Country Flag
finished editing in the match predictions that were delayed by me starting the thread without enough time to finish writing it all in one sitting.

And yeah akirilus, I do realize that with all those inducements, you might not feel that lucky, but after Loop's last game, what else was i going to say?!?

At least you both should have a lot of fun in such a wonky matchup

Street

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Street
Country Flag
Ging said:
Are any of those days/times any good for you?

Thanks,
Ging

Hi Ging,

I am fine for any of those days at that time, I assume that is 21:00 GMT+1. Just say which day you prefer and I should be able to make it. Ill post this in the MM thread so others have a trail of what is going on.

akirilus

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
finished editing in the match predictions that were delayed by me starting the thread without enough time to finish writing it all in one sitting.

And yeah akirilus, I do realize that with all those inducements, you might not feel that lucky, but after Loop's last game, what else was i going to say?!?

At least you both should have a lot of fun in such a wonky matchup

Heh - no, I am lucky to only be facing 2 Ogres instead of 5. I just don't feel quite as confident going into because of the inducements - but it will be a wonky game for sure!

LloydsGamble

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
LloydsGamble
Country Flag
"WE'Z ALL GONNA DIE!" exclaimed Sogthar 'Thro' Arock.

Grimdreg 'Leada' Foespike looked up from the grim match reports detailing the carnage the Khemri team known as Chigreton Fam had wrought.

"Pull yersel' togetha yoo paffetic son of a snot!" We iz Orcs! We iz made for fightin' and winnin'!"

"But the dead ones...they...two of dem Ogres...mangled...I..."

Sogthar glanced around the room for support. The rest of the Orcs glared at him.

"Wot u expect boss? Dat one likes to thro dat ball fing instead of da 'ead's of otha playas." sniggered Gruzkgash 'Gasha' Nosespite.

The other Orcs guffawed. Sogthar hung his head in shame.

Loud footsteps echoed outside the room and a hulking figure pushed open the door.

"Need stuf ded?" asked a gravelly voice.

At the other side of the room, Sogthar smiled.

----------------------------------------

Can't write half as well as Remthar and Loop, but thought I'd attempt a wee bit of fluff for this one ;)

Chakkal!

Ready to lose your first game my friend? When do you want to do this?

I can do 9am-12pm and 9pm-12am GMT+1 most weekdays. Might be able to free up other times if those don't suit, tell me what you think :)

Last edited:

Remthar

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
"WE'Z ALL GONNA DIE!" exclaimed Sogthar 'Thro' Arock.

Grimdreg 'Leada' Foespike looked up from the grim match reports detailing the carnage the Khemri team known as Chigreton Fam had wrought.

"Pull yersel' togetha yoo paffetic son of a snot!" We iz Orcs! We iz made for fightin' and winnin'!"

"But the dead ones...they...two of dem Ogres...mangled...I..."

Sogthar glanced around the room for support. The rest of the Orcs glared at him.

"Wot u expect boss? Dat one likes to thro dat ball fing instead of da 'ead's of otha playas." sniggered Gruzkgash 'Gasha' Nosespite.

The other Orcs guffawed. Sogthar hung his head in shame.

Loud footsteps echoed outside the room and a hulking figure pushed open the door.

"Need stuf ded?" asked a gravelly voice.

At the other side of the room, Sogthar smiled.

----------------------------------------

Can't write half as well as Remthar and Loop, but thought I'd attempt a wee bit of fluff for this one ;)

Chakkal!

Ready to lose your first game my friend? When do you want to do this?

I can do 9am-12pm and 9pm-12am GMT+1 most weekdays. Might be able to free up other times if those don't suit, tell me what you think :)

Ah, gotta love the Orks! Good luck out there, break a blitz-ra or two for Talendon!

chakkal2001

Star Player
Country Flag
Hi there Lloyds!!

Tomorrow at around 20:00 - 21:00 GMT may be a good time. If not fancy, wednesday same time may fit too.

U r not the first who wants a piece of La Chigre, bad thing is everybody who wanted that finished givin' us a piece of themselves instead!! :p

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
Mominatrix - this could get bloody... :)

Mon, Wed or Fri at 12:00 - 13:00 gmt are options for me. I can also potentially do an evening match one night if that is not a feasible time. 1:00 gmt is a time I can sometimes play at.

Next weekend and Monday week look to be off the cards though, as we are planning to go away for the long weekend.

Let me know your preferences please.

LoopH0LE

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Hey LoopH0LE - what time works for you this week? This is supposed to be the "elves lucked out" game, but really...
Please don't kill me! (whimpers Jenny)

Heeee, well, it should be quite the inducement party! This week is a bit tricky for me as I'm visiting home, but it looks like you're from the States as well. So, would a late match sometime this weekend work?

Also, the two lethal Chigres have been added to the bounty board, so please, swing away everyone!

Mominatrix

Rookie
Country Flag
Mominatrix - this could get bloody... :)

Mon, Wed or Fri at 12:00 - 13:00 gmt are options for me. I can also potentially do an evening match one night if that is not a feasible time. 1:00 gmt is a time I can sometimes play at.

Next weekend and Monday week look to be off the cards though, as we are planning to go away for the long weekend.

Let me know your preferences please.

I just started a new job, so my only availability would be to start within 00:30-2:00 (AM) GMT (or weekends, but you said you aren't available). I am available pretty much any day at that time, so whatever day works best for you would be great. Let me know if any day works for you within those times.

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
I just started a new job, so my only availability would be to start within 00:30-2:00 (AM) GMT (or weekends, but you said you aren't available). I am available pretty much any day at that time, so whatever day works best for you would be great. Let me know if any day works for you within those times.

Ok, I'll get back to you about which night would be best for me.

akirilus

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Heeee, well, it should be quite the inducement party! This week is a bit tricky for me as I'm visiting home, but it looks like you're from the States as well. So, would a late match sometime this weekend work?

Also, the two lethal Chigres have been added to the bounty board, so please, swing away everyone!

How late do you have in mind, or early? And which timezone are you in? I am on Pacific time, and I stay up really late... like till 4 am. So a 1 am game is actually just fine by me. I do usually end up eating and taking a break from the computer sometime between 9 and 10 pm, and therefore generally unavailable between 9 and midnight. But early evenings and late nights work almost every day, including weekdays. Let me know what works for you :) .

P.S. By this weekend, do you mean tonight? (Sunday night / early Monday morning).

LloydsGamble

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
LloydsGamble
Country Flag
Hi there Lloyds!!

Tomorrow at around 20:00 - 21:00 GMT may be a good time. If not fancy, wednesday same time may fit too.

U r not the first who wants a piece of La Chigre, bad thing is everybody who wanted that finished givin' us a piece of themselves instead!! :p

hey Chakkal, sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

Tonight may be a bit tight for me, Wednesday would probably be better if that's good for you?

Let's aim for 20:00 GMT Wednesday?

dodger

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
drdodger
Country Flag
Hey Drdodger, anytime between 0 - 12 GMT works best for me, what day/time works best for you?

I'm on GMT-5 so 0:00 GMT is a great time for me. How does 0:00 GMT on Wednesday (My Tuesday evening) sound?

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag

There is a chance I can play tonight at 10pm my time (1am gmt tomorrow). Is that an option for you? If so I will try and confirm as soon as I can.