1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avid Averland S18 Fluff

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by doohickey, Oct 11, 2019.

1. doohickey

doohickey Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Welcome to Averland, your home for Season 18 of Big Crunch 2. Clearly you are all anxious for the season to start as we have already filled the division, so thanks you for making it easy. Our coaches are:

@Orielensis
    @Cr3pusculum
    @Halub
    @Sataric
    @Spivey
    @Kaiden (Slickk)
    @sammy77
    @Shadow
    @Reverend Radio
    @TravelScrabble

We have an interesting mix of races this season so i expect nothing but the most entertaining of games. You have all done this before so I won't bore you with the details, but do refresh yourselves on the rules (https://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/big-crunch-2-rules.6120/) if you feel you need to. If you ever have any questions or concerns, hit me up in a pm or on our discord server. Have a great season everyone!

Spivey, Orielensis and Cr3pusculum like this.
  2. doohickey

Country Flag:
    Here are how the standings are going to look courtesy of me, your overlord. I hereby decree that the teams will finish as follows:

1. Blunderworld - @Orielensis - Underworld

This is it. This is what every Underworld coach dreams of. With an Ag4 Mv7 Goblin for 1-turners and ball retrieval, 2 Ag4 linerats to make opposing ball carriers wet themselves, the Legend Ded Apo Ded himself, as well as a St6 Block Troll. Blunderworld has a nice bench as well as cash in the bank so I see no reason why they cannot return to Tier 2 once again. They might drop a couple matches because of Av7 doing Av7 things but they will still take the top spot.

2. Exurb Exhumed Ex-Players - @Halub - Undead

A strong Undead team, they have a strong set of positionals but no true gamebreakers. The Ag4 Mv8 ghoul is nice as well as having an Ag4 wight as a secondary scoring threat. Combining that with decent mummies, a couple DP’s, a sacker and a bench will be enough to send them through to Tier 2. The yare bringing a solid record into the season and I think this is truly a case of the whole being more than the sum of its parts.

3. Kaaoksen kamalat Kätyrit - @sammy77 - Chaos Dwarf

These Chaos Dwarves could use a little more development, but they have the beginnings of a seriously nasty team. They have a few players close to levelling so I feel like they could become a power to behold sooner rather than later. They have a decent record leading into the season, so I think they will find a way to rise to the third spot in the table.

4. Mordheim Bodysnatchers - @Cr3pusculum - Necromantic

This is a mean looking necro team, but they have yet to produce the results to match leading me to put them here at 4th. They could do much better, but the lack of a dangerous scoring threat will hurt them. Their wolves are as good as they come though, with one having St4 and the other having CPOMB. A St4 wight and a pair of developed Flesh Golems round out the roster, so other teams will have to be on the lookout to avoid losing half their team when they run into these guys.

5. Dead and Back Again - @Shadow - Necromantic

Dead and Back again have had middling results so far, but they are slowly shaping into a pretty standard Necro team. They are lacking in the skills department as only one player has hit level 3, but they are carrying a bench with a DP so that will be the weapon of choice for the season. They will struggle against the more developed teams but can deal with the other lower TV teams.

6. Cult of Mithras - @Sataric - Vampires

Some good old bloodsuckers. Seems like every division has a resident Vampire team these days, and these ones are continuing the BBT trend of rolling stats on them. Carrying 4 Vamps, the Cult of Mithras have one each with +Mv, +Ag, and +St. This will give them lots of options for ruining their opponents plans, as long as they don’t get too thirsty. Carrying a roster of 14 players should help with that, but they don’t have a ton of skills to show for their 1550 TV

7. Goon Dads - @Kaiden - Dwarf

Hooray for Deathrollers! They may no be good but they sure are fun! Goon Dads are pretty much your standard dwarf team with two noticeable exceptions: the aforementioned Roller and the Ag5 (!) Runner. Unfortunately, they are a bit banged up with injuries and the super Runner has no block and 2 niggling injuries. If the Runner can stay on the pitch long enough (or at least stay alive) they have the chance to steal enough points to keep them out of the bottom.

8. BBT Grudgers - @TravelScrabble - Kislev

Jumpy, jumpy boys. As much as I love them I don’t think they are going to manage too many points this season. They had a decent record in their first season but it came with a cost paid in blood. They are short on players and levels so they are gonna need to rely on the power of inducements to pull out some wins. I foresee this being a developmental season and hopefully they will be ready for Tier 2 in a season or two. Having an Ag5 catcher (though he is niggled) is a high point so keep an eye on that guy to become a game breaker.

9. Good Fellaz - @Spivey - Orc

Ah yes, orcs. I am a greenskin at heart and seeing a veritable horde of them invade BC2 brings a smile to my face. Unfortunately for these particular boyz, they don’t have much in the way of development yet and orcs don’t like being the TV underdogs. Having block on all the Black Orcs is a good start but it will take some more time for them to be a true threat in the division.

10. The Unclean Usurpers - @Reverend Radio - Underworld

What do you know?! Another Underworld team in the same division! The race is where the similarities between these two teams ends however. The Usurpers have very little in the way of development, with only one level 3 player, and no stats or doubles to speak of. They are carrying a full 16 player roster so I would expect them to bring the boot to every game, look out! They won’t manage many point and I wouldn’t be surprised if they are held winless, but go out and prove me wrong!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    Halub, Sataric and Cr3pusculum like this.
  3. doohickey

Country Flag:
    Predictions are here!

Cr3pusculum likes this.
  4. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Eigth! I mean the team is terrible but still that stings. Still a couple of seasons in tier 3 are just what the doctor ordered. So maybe seventh is a good idea. Totally agree that Oris uwd are terrifying

5. Cr3pusculum

Cr3pusculum Active Member

Steam Username:
    Cr3pusculum
    Cyanide Username:
    Cr3pusculum
    Country Flag:
    Time to stop moping around and pull on the big boy Zombie pants and at least finish 2nd ;)

6. sammy77

sammy77 Member

Steam Username:
    sammy_77
    Cyanide Username:
    sammy77
    Country Flag:
    Last match against @TravelScrabble was terrible. Kislev seems to be unstoppable force. Thank you for a match.
    Looks like you are going to division 2 and I can maybe stay one more season here to learn how to play.
    Lots of one's were rolled and skulls too. Nuffle is a bitch and have weird sense of humor sometimes.

Halub likes this.
  7. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Nuffle is indeed ... unreliable. And TS is a great coach so never any shame in losing hard to him.

Halub likes this.
  8. Sataric

Sataric Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    Indeed! Been there, done that. :p

Halub likes this.
  9. Halub

Halub Active Member

Steam Username:
    halub
    Country Flag:
    I'm not sure if I've ever won a game against Kislev - probably not :) I have great respect for their BS. And in the hands of a top coach they really are unstoppable (unless you've been chosen by Nuffle)

Spivey likes this.