1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nurgle (B&S) Nasty Cheese Nurglers

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by NodHero, Dec 5, 2013.

1. NodHero

NodHero Member

Country Flag:
    S7-W6: Nasty Cheese Nurglers vs pillowfight (PIC HEAVY)
    Nurgle vs Chaos
    Nod_Hero vs Marlei

Back story:
    Marlei and I previously coached against each other three times, twice as these teams. NCN vs PF goes into this match with 1 win each.

Match Results:
    [​IMG]

Match Report:
    Coach Nod seethes as he gives the evil eye to his team. One particularly gruesome pustule on his cheek erupts as he stares angrily at his warriors. "Well, I wonder if this is what you were hoping for. It certainly wasn't what we had mapped out in the playbook!" He practically screams "These chaos pretenders challenge us for the Marienburg lead and what do we do? Lay down like a bunch of lazy halflings!" He calms, only slightly, as he continues the recap. "We set up to kick, facing off against this team just as clawed and guarded up as we are, if not more so. Our defensive effort starts strong, with Tynn Grug drawing first blood.
    [​IMG]
    (OOC: #01 Nyth redgut Casualty : Badly Hurt -> No long term effect)

Things go downhill as they maneuver into a position to score
    [​IMG]
    but Stank Sancerre adds their best ball carrier to the casualty box
    [​IMG]
    (OOC: #13 Shigors Casualty : Badly Hurt -> No long term effect)

and despite all four warriors and a couple of rotters being knocked out, we were able to stop their momentum and end the half with a blank scoreboard!
    [​IMG]
    Normally we would be flying high about this, but some of you lazy slime decided to take a nap past halftime
    [​IMG]
    so our tactics had to change without much warrior support. Lou Pallou was the only one brave enough to start the second half, you are to be commended. We figured a fast score was the best strategy because they out-strengthed us and predicted the cheers of the crowd would help wake you all up. Stank Sancerre helped clear the way
    [​IMG]
    (OOC: #08 Riey Pelt Casualty : Fractured Leg -> Miss next game)

and we punched it in on the top of Turn 12
    [​IMG]
    (OOC: Touchdown by (08) Stench Selva!!!)
    Part one of the plan complete, onwards to part two, or so we thought...
    [​IMG]
    Your lackadaisical effort has been reported, and they are deciding your punishment in the Throne Room of One Thousand Afflictions!
    Perhaps emboldened by the no-show of our warriors, pillowfight jumps right into it and in a single turn adds four more Nurglers to the sleepytime box
    [​IMG]
    Outnumbered as we are, we still take them to turn 15 and force them to pull off a risky play before they can equalize
    [​IMG]
    The crowds, angry but not enraged enough to Riot to force the refs to turn the clock back and possibly give us a chance, get even more upset at what they see on turn 16
    [​IMG]
    when you three finally decide to rejoin the game. Too little, too late you fools! You'd better thank your teammates that we were able to play them to a draw... if we had lost, your heads might be at the bottom of a Slime Hound pit! Next week we face the defending champions, Skull Crushers Squad. Those Norse like to hit hard, and hit a lot, so BE PREPARED!"

2. NodHero

NodHero Member

Country Flag:
    One level up from this game, Cam Bazola the rotter (normal roll) so he joins the ranks of line fodder as a Wrestle kind of guy.

Right before the start time he made some roster changes (I hate it when coaches do that, it's so unsporting) which meant NCN went from getting a babe to being a 30k overdog. I guess it paid off though because the story of this match was 1) he inflicted zero casualties on us and 2) he inflicted 10 KO and we went a lousy 6/16 (38%) on recovery rolls, yuck. Four of the failed rolls were a 3, so that lost babe could have possibly made a big difference.

So it's our second draw in a row against the top two teams challenging us for the title spot. We're still undefeated this season, but I really wanted a win there to give me a point cushion. Ah well, have to adapt and move on. The draw was enough to keep 1st place in NCN's hands. Next week he has Unimaginable Scale (2 points behind the lead) so we're praying for a draw there and a win for us against the defending champions,
    [​IMG]
    (5 points behind the lead) who have just a beast of a yeti but is missing one of their throwers. I fired a rotter and some staff (did it days before the match so he would see it, I might add), so they're looking at 320 in inducements . Not quite enough to get Icepelt (YAY!) so I'm predicting he takes a wizard, a bribe, and a babe.

3. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    I could see Wizard, Bribe and buying another lino. (Replacing the AV6 is is probably a needless expense, he can get punched in the face well enough as is)