1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BB Tactics - Coaches in the OCC - Season 14

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Gallows Bait, May 27, 2012.

1. greymurphy42

greymurphy42 Member

Country Flag:
    2-2 draw with Scaurus2000's Dark Elves

2. Everblue

Everblue Active Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks for your advice - 0-0 in the end.

I had my chances, but a failed 3+ catch and and snakeyes on a pass meant my scoring opportunities failed.

In the end I relied on a hero lineman making two dodges and a 1D unskilled block (which resulted in an injury to the werewolf ball carrier) to get the draw.

No easy matches in the OCC (or even the SSC) so far...

3. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    Saving the day and injuring a wolf in the same action is heroic. ;)

4. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    I managed to console myself a little after getting knocked out of the Crunch Cup and won 2-1 against blizzard bay beserkers with my Cheap Girls.

5. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Viajero on a holiday had to be satisfied with a 2-2 draw played by his substitute coach Dreamy against the Dungeon Crew.

6. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Good job Nikolai, and thanks a lot. That point may be crucial for promotion spots, plus the draw practically eliminates Alderson from my list of contenders for a top 4 spot... unless I somehow manage to lose my 7 TD advantage on the last 2 games!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  7. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Well, if the alternative was an administered loss, then I guess a draw was better. I shouldn't have run your catcher so far ahead in turn 3 - my excuse is that I am used to elf teams where everyone is about equally fast :p

8. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    I ll have to watch the replay when I come back to understand what you mean :p ... you mean she got surfed? :D

9. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Updated, need to check in game as some admin matches appear missing from BB Manager.

10. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Nah, but I felt I had to waste a reroll to take down a dark elf so there wouldn't be any easy one-dice blitzes - and that reroll would have been useful on turn 8. I couldn't get a screen up, and have had bad experiences with being blocked down on one-dicers.

There also was a dodge needed to score. It worked out, but was probably too fast.

No surfs happened - he was extremely focused on using his assassins for everything, and I think most blitzes were with them. And here I worried that a MV 8 AG 5 Leap Witch, or that Juggs Witch might actually be used for surfing business..:rolleyes:

11. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    mv8 ag5 leap witch? eep!

12. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Btw, did she get the -MA on a foul? :D

13. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Nah, both sides fouled sparingly (I did plenty more than I would have without a bribe) but the referee didn't give a damn either way for the entire game. And neither did the victims.

It was a T14 blitz after I had chain-pushed him to score early. I would have blitzed that witch with your tackle MB anyway, but a pitch invasion left her even more open to it.
    (It was only after that blitz that I realized that your Tackle-MB is a Superstar already and thus doesn't really benefit from causing Cas:es - chalk it down as another silly mistake ;))
    But if he hadn't tried to save his Multiblock Niggled MV5 Assassin from death (rerolled to death), he'd still have had an apo for his Juggernaut Block Leap Strip Ball Witch when that blitz came around. (I suppose he could have made a more defensive setup as well, but with the pitch invasion that wouldn't have worked out well anyway)

14. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Activity:powdodge:

15. AllyRdr

AllyRdr Member

Country Flag:
    Well another week, another loss in SSC. This one was going so good as well...

First half, won the toss, kicked, defended marvellously. For a change, I managed to remain patient and stick to a solid defensive plan. Nil-nil at the half, me to recieve, everything going swimmingly.

Blitz.

Not too bad, just need to pick up the ball and move it to safety, then plod up the field to victory. Pick up fail, but of course, those plucky dwarf runners have sure hands. They do don't they? Don't they? Says so in my rulebook, but I'll be buggered if the useless little scrote realised this. Failed pick up, and a couple of turns later I'm one nil down.
    Four turns left to try and even up, but as you can tell from the very first sentance, that didn't happen. Onwards and , well, not really upwards. More slightly along and down a wee bit.

16. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Welcome back, Mr. Smurf. :pow:

17. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Thank you:D

18. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    He was never away really for those who knew where to look over at OCC :p

19. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    You are aware that what you are saying is "My kid didn't run away from home because I knew to look for her in some seedy den in the next town over" :p

20. SorroW

SorroW Member

Country Flag:
    lol!

/S