1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BB Tactics Coaches in the OCC

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Gallows Bait, Jan 18, 2012.

1. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    I should emerge victorious of SSC1A even if it doesn't mean anything since my opponent didn't show up yesterday and that puts me some points away from the 2nd. :D

2. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    @Lebe
    I am hardly a veteran, having really discovered the game a year ago (before I only played Polish knock-off called Troll Football in the 90s). We can probably play on Friday.

@bintz
    Your 1st place is well deserved, I think. Having played against almost everyone (except Lebe) in the group, I have to admit, the match against Your elves was definitely the hardest one.

3. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks Mico ;)

4. Lebe666

Lebe666 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    My match against him wasn't hard... I got run over and he managed me easily... :p

5. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    It's likely to mean that you skip the lowest tier when moving up to OCC proper. So it might mean something :D

6. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    Cool! This way I can get slaughtered by a bunch of awful bash teams :D

Honestly, I was counting on that game against gob to get some spp on my key players, I hope I'll be able to do it against the necros in the last match.

7. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Tier five is probably among the nicest tiers. Tier 6 is where everyone gets promoted anyway, tier 5 is the lowest tier where people can remain after a poor season. So plenty of people there should be push-overs? :rolleyes:

8. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Updated (per BB Manager) - still need to log in game and check on a couple of missing results again.

9. AllyRdr

AllyRdr Member

Country Flag:
    Just in from work and found that Lord Vindicator is conceding the final match as he is going to retire his team and start fresh.

That makes my final record for the season 5-3-1 once the admins have put the final one through. I'm actually quite pleased with that record, despite this win being adminned, and my win against Sudo_Nym coming from an early round concession (though I do think I would have won that one). I wasn't expecting to fare quite so well, as my overall win percentage is quite low, so I think I'm improving :)

Not sure of final league position untill the other games are played, and it means I finish the season with an uninjured 12 man roster, with possibly some cash for a new player.

Edit - this match may yet go ahead, so no accounting of poultry while in a feotal casing.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  10. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah, err... wait, what?

11. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    Translation: Don't count the chicken before you hatch the egg

12. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Yea, someone probably reminded him that he had signed up to play nine games. He can still abandon and start fresh, but then he could only restart in SSC and would need a clean season there to clear his rep. Much easier then to just play that last game. (Or at least try to)

13. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    Narly... just checked your Norse team a bit closer... by Nuffle they are shaping into something cool. Two stat ups... agility on the runner ! Str 5 Werewolf ! Scary ! :rolleyes:

That frenzy Yeti with move 4 is a ticking time bomb though... :)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  14. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    A can of WHAT, have signed up for season 13:powdodge:

15. AllyRdr

AllyRdr Member

Country Flag:
    Well, my last game went ahead. Sort of.

Following the earlier indication from Lord V that he didn't wan't to play it, and being told it would be better if he did, we started the game last night. He won the toss, and chose to recieve. I managed 2 defensive touchdowns, at the cost of my star catcher leaving the game, but only badly hurt, so no need for the apo as he'd be fine for next season. The next drive kicked off, and I lost one rookie lino, with a -AV, and then a dodge lino was killed. Not mutch to worry about really, as they were just lino's and the numbers were still even following 2 sendings off for his team.

Then this fecking lap top decided to overheat. Lap top shuts down, I disconnect. Shambles.

16. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Yes, i am thinking that they are a team that i will come back to some time in the future. The stat increases and doubles give them a really nice base to build on. Once i get a few more skills i think they can be quite competitive (for Norse) around mid tv's 1600 or so.

I just have to hope i don't suffer any more permanent injuries/deaths in the final match of the season...

17. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    WHAT? :p

18. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Totally know your pain, hope the machine is okay. Are you able to salvage the game at all or is this a loss for you?

19. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    I have never played the game on a laptop, but I have heard people saying that it can make a difference if you prop the laptop up with something that leaves a gap between the bottom of the laptop and the surface it's rested on.

That lets the air circulate better and hopefully keeps it a bit cooler. Probably worth a try if you haven't done so already.

20. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    I bought in IKEA a support base for laptop. Simple 3 euro plastic thing. Really helps. Once it was overheating I put a regular fan right onto it ! :rolleyes: