1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BB2 Connection Problems

Discussion in 'Blood Bowl 2' started by SlyAnimal, Jan 28, 2016.

1. SlyAnimal

SlyAnimal Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    PapaNasty
    Country Flag:
    I've recently (Yesterday and today) been having some connection problems with BB2, where I'm frequently getting errors contacting the server, and then disconnected from the server. This has already cost me a couple of games in the cabal vision league, and will no doubt make games in the WC Qualifiers & BC2 rather difficult to complete as well (And in general, it simple takes all of the fun out of playing).

Whereby basically my internet connection is still working fine, I was even able to post on the steam forums about this issue while the 6 minute timer was ticking away ingame lol.

When posting on the steam forums though, I did get an error 21, which I then looked up and it said it is when you're not logged into steam. I'm not sure if that's related or not, but I opened another browser window where it said I wasn't logged in (I subsequently logged in, and was then able to post but I still ended up losing my game despite logging in about 45s before the end of the 6min timer).

Although with that, I didn't see anything on the steam client which would indicate that I wasn't logged in or had been logged out at any point.

I've put in some quite significant hours into BB2, and haven't had any connection problems at all until now, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

2. ManBearPig

ManBearPig Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    ManBearPig
    Country Flag:
    I have had this same problem a handful of times as well. It's not every game, or often for that matter. I unfortunately don't have a good solution because it seems completely random.

3. SlyAnimal

SlyAnimal Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    PapaNasty
    Country Flag:
    Yeah it seems to have gone away this evening, which I'm glad about as I had a Big Crunch 2 match tonight lol. I'm hoping it was just a temporary random problem that won't come back.

4. ManBearPig

ManBearPig Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    ManBearPig
    Country Flag:
    Yes I just played a league game, and it went off without a single server wait time. Like I said it's totally random, and I doubt there is much if anything you can do on your end.

5. Cram

Cram Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Cram
    Country Flag:
    Well, there may be a "solution".
    ALTF4 out of the game, go back in and take that reconnect routine;
    so far this always worked for me and i did so when i had a few second disconnect, but was online again and the timer did not stop running...

Kalick likes this.