1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rules BB2 not handling Ball and Chain correctly?

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Znarx, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    I'm playing Goblins in single player just to get a feel for them.

It appears that when my Fanatic inflicts a casualty during a block triggered by his move action, he does not earn any SPP.

However, I was playing against another Goblin team. Their Fanatic blocked my Fanatic, resulting in a Both Down. Their Fanatic was injured, and my Fanatic earned SPP.

My understanding is that both situations should have led to SPP being awarded.

2. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    I just watched a few minutes of a single player match I played and my Fanatic did get SPP for his normal move/block action that resulted in a casualty.

That's strange that your's didn't. Was the player standing when he was hit by the ball & chain or already on the ground? Not that it should matter I don't think.

3. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    I might be wrong. I thought I remembered my Fanatic inflicting a CAS, but maybe my memory is suspect. I'll play this team a little bit more and see if I can inflict a CAS with him.

4. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, false alarm. I just got a CAS with my Fanatic, and he earned SPP as I expected. I guess he just hasn't gotten any CAS before now.

sbr32 likes this.
  5. Zoraster

Zoraster Active Member

Country Flag:
    It should matter. You should only get SPP for CAS caused by a block, not pushing prone players. I'd be surprised if they messed it up though; they got the make block before GFI roll order correct which suggests they have properly dug into the rules this time.

Blocks injuring opponents earn SPP. No other CAS do, be it from stabs, bombs, fouls, surfs etc. No block dice, no SPP.