1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BB2016 Rules available on FUMBBL

Discussion in 'FUMBBL' started by Loucyber, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Loucyber

Loucyber Member

Country Flag:
    Thought this might be of interest especially for the tabletop players.

FUMBBL has shifted to the newest set of rules as used in the new tabletop version.
    Which means PileOn has vanished (existing players got Juggs instead of it). Also the financial setup has changed according to the rules. Plus the MVP rulings have altered (the MVP gets elected randomly out of 3 candidates the coach proposes)

So for all the Clawpomb-moaners there is a viable alternative to play Bloodbowl. It´s probably too early to assess the changes in gameplay (at least I´m not good or experienced enough to do so), but so far I like the changes.

It is harder to go for a killer team, which is not too bad. On the other hand, teambuilding gets much easier especially for the strength teams with the new MVP ruling, as it is much easier now to get that first Block skill on all the black orcs, warriors etc..

Any other opinions?

2. Snap Wilson

Snap Wilson Member

I think the BBRC had a far more elegant solution to reducing ClawPOMB's effectiveness (Mighty Blow does not stack with Claw, Piling On only applies to Injury roll) than this whole reroll thing, which seems really harsh. Doesn't this really gimp Chaos teams?

3. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    It gimps Chaos a bit but not nearly as much as it gimps those teams that need a killer but don't have access to Claw; Humans, Norse, Khemri, potentially Skaven are hurt more by this than Nurgle or Chaos

Snap Wilson likes this.
  4. Snap Wilson

Snap Wilson Member

Practically every team doesn't have normal access to Claw. I don't know what designation merits "really needs a killer" but you list a lot of low AV teams that are likely to benefit the other way from Piling On not being available.

5. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    The PO nerf is way too harsh, but sbr is right, it hurts the teams without claw access the most, all flavors of humans, undead, khemri, orcs and even dwarfs a bit - elfs are best off since they both don't need a killer and are hurt by PO (mind you no more wizards compensates for that) but Chaos can also be happy since they now have a greater edge over the AV 9 teams since claw mb remains very effective in countering AV 9 while AV 8 will last a lot better without effective PO. Skaven have both lost the threat of clawpomb and the wiz and I would expect them to be quite a bit worse.

The BBRC solution is indeed much better. Ho-hum.

6. Snap Wilson

Snap Wilson Member

As a Skaven player, I get hit way more with POMB than I dished out. Losing Wizard does suck, but I assure you, my GRs are celebrating.

7. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Except why on earth would you play skaven instead of WE now?

8. Snap Wilson

Snap Wilson Member

I didn't say I didn't use Piling On, I just said that my players were far more on the receiving end of it. I think in terms of the nerfing the skill, Skaven win more than lose since they're a fragile team. But you raise a good point--Elf teams get even more of a boost that they largely didn't need.