1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rules BB2020 - First expansion - Deathzone

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Gallows Bait, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Hot off the press from GW, forthcoming additional expansion book will be called Death Zone (was there any doubt?)

First glance if that it will cover more Star Players, a wider range of Mercenaries and other inducements.

For those wondering how some of the past Spike magazine rules will be picked up, this seems likely to be the answer.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/05/blood-bowl-death-zone-opens-up-new-ways-to-play/

Excitingly it also looks like GW are acknowledging the existence of BB 7s add an alternative format.

2. AllyRdr

AllyRdr Member

Country Flag:
    After the announcement of what the next Spike would contain left me feeling a bit "meh", this has perked my interest right back up. Looking forward to this, especially the official inclusion of 7s.

Gallows Bait likes this.
  3. dissatisfiedcow

dissatisfiedcow Member

Country Flag:
    I love the addition of 7s and I look forward to Death Zone in general, even after having played basically no games due to some looming crisis.

However, I don't like the idea of generic mercenaries for all teams. For example, I don't look forward to seeing Dark Elves with a Big Guy...

4. Jorgen_CAB

Jorgen_CAB Member

Country Flag:
    I'm pretty sure that Mercenaries will not play for any teams... you are likely to have maybe some generic Elven mercenary with acess to some different skill packages and then a Human, Beastman, Dwarf etc... Mercenaries will only play for certain teams and this likely apply to Big Guys as well.

You might see Dwarf mercenaries in Human teams perhaps but not all mercenaries will play for just about any teams.

5. AllyRdr

AllyRdr Member

Country Flag:
    The thing I'm curious about with the generic big guy and trait package they have shown, is that as written, this gives you a big guy with two negatraits. Adding the package specifically states that they lose throw team mate but doesn't mention the other skills, which would suggest that you are using 150k of inducement money on a big guy who has both bone head and animal savagery.

6. AllyRdr

AllyRdr Member

Country Flag:
    Nothing in the article suggests that dark elves can induce a big guy. They haven't shown who that big guy can play for, and the article only says "there’s a Mercenary that’s just right for teams of any size and disposition" which suggests a variety of mercenary types, but not that each is available to all teams.

7. dissatisfiedcow

dissatisfiedcow Member

Country Flag:
    This is fair, but the name Bona Fide Big Guy has me worried. If it were a big guy that can only play for human teams, why would it not be called a Mercenary Ogre?

8. dissatisfiedcow

dissatisfiedcow Member

Country Flag:
    And to be fair, if this is like an Ogre that can be hired by other teams, I also don't really look forward to Dwarves with an Ogre, Goblins with an Ogre, Necromantic with an Ogre, Undead with an extra big guy, Skaven with an Ogre, the list goes on...

9. dissatisfiedcow

dissatisfiedcow Member

Country Flag:
    That is weird, yeah. Hopefully an oversight. Also note that that trait creates a Big Guy with Claw and Mighty Blow :eek:

10. Marlow

Marlow Member