1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BB3 Calculator

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by patbou73, Jan 26, 2021.

1. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    I have made a spreadsheet in Excel, to create teams in BB3. It's quite extensive, as you just select the race from a drop down menu, and then just input the quantity for each position, rerolls, apo, fans, etc. I can't upload it here, and don't know how to convert it to Sheets to make it public. @Coach : I can send it to you, if you want, so you can make it publicly available from your website? Just tell me how to send it to you...

Attached Files:

2. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
  3. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
  4. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    Above are some examples. There's literally less than a minute between the 2 posts, which is the time it took me to change race and input the quantities. Super fast! :)

5. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
  6. Baxx

Baxx New Member

Country Flag:
    BB3 (digital) or BB2020 (tabletop)? Not sure if there are any differences between them. Confusing terms because normally you don't need to calculate anything when playing online.

7. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    That’s a really ice tool! Although you have to add one player at a time, instead of changing quantities to quickly find out the roster that fits your needs. I was planning on adding a tool that would auto-fill a roster sheet, but if the community is happy with what’s already available, there’s no need for me to invest more time on this spreadsheet.

8. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    We don’t know yet if there will be differences between BB2020 and BB3. It’s true that the game computes the costs for you when playing online. But with teams with many positionals, like Chaos Renegades and Old World Alliance, and the new costs of players (in 5k increments), I felt it was a bit oppressive just to build a new team... including just thinking about the next team you’ll want to play online (when we’ll get there). This tool was just to help smooth out your planning. I guess any writer who will want to write articles about best TV1000 starting rosters will prefer that kind of quick tool, rather than the lengthy process of adding players one by one.

9. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    The nice thing about the online tool is that you can save rosters there and access it easily. Your solution looks like it is well implemented, but it has the disadvantage of being local rather than online. Maybe if you contact the creator of the website, you might be able to collaborate with them somehow too.

10. Silfuin

Silfuin Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    @patbou73 I did something similar for BB2 for myself, but only limited to some races.
    I am interested in your file, partly because it seems nice and easy to use, and partly to see the coding (yeah, I am a bit of a nerd when it comes to programming).
    Can you send it to me via discord?

Cheers.

11. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    Consider it done! ;)

12. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    Added the file to the original post.

patbou73 likes this.
  13. Marlow

Marlow Member

Nice spreadsheet. My one comment would be if you are using it sort out a team for a tournament you cannot as column P is not wide enough once you go over 1000k and the formatting seems to be locked to prevent making it wider.

14. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    It’s a soft lock. No password needed to unlock the spreadsheet.

Marlow likes this.