1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BBtactics Cyanide League

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Netsmurf, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I have solved my portissues this way. Manualy setting the port open on my firewall. Found a gamesection where I could determine witch ports to leave open or not. Have not had any problems since.

2. Panda with issues

Panda with issues Member

Country Flag:
    8 is fine mate. Cya then. Damn ports.

If you try challenging me, and I try challenging you, hopefully, if we're really lucky, it will work

3. Murkglow

Murkglow Member

Good Game Raven. :D

You want to do the match report? Mine are boring to read I'm sure.

4. Rav3n73

Rav3n73 Member

Country Flag:
    I'm not very good at match reports, and to be honest time is very limited. I'll do a quick summary from my teams point of view.

Lee

5. Frenz0rz

Frenz0rz Member

Country Flag:
    I spent 2 hour last night going through the reply taking screenshots to put together a detailed extended match report that I was going to post on my clan website. However, my router is having issues and wont bloody well let me upload anything using the screenshot app I used. I know its a bit late now, but do you fancy writing a report?

Fun game btw. Dont know if you noticed, but my kroxigor actually picked up the ball on the final turn after my skink fumbled it! :eek:

6. Thanatos

Thanatos Member

Country Flag:
    I did notice that :)

I may not have time tonight but I can give it a shot tomorrow night.

7. Panda with issues

Panda with issues Member

Country Flag:
    Well, looks like me and woodygood couldn't play because of port issues...Another draw I guess...

8. coachman

coachman Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    Hey people. I may have won this week but those gobbos have poisoned me. I'm sick as a dog. As I'm a soldier I will be carrying on my admin duties.

Right now I'm trying not to go towards the light... staying strong.

I'll be rolling the week over tomorrow night at about 2200 unless I hear differently.

9. Woodygood

Woodygood New Member

Country Flag:
    WITHDRAWN from League

SORRY guys but after my 4th no game due to port issues my league status seems a little pointless - this together with exam marking duties starting mean I think its fair if I pull out and make my games void.
    I HATE PORT ISSUES!!!! 2 wins 0 defeats BUT 4 draws out of my hands - HATE IT!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

10. Rav3n73

Rav3n73 Member

Country Flag:
    Woodygood,

Oh great, now you pull out after you took all three points in our game!!! :mad:

Right I'm sending my Chaos Warriors over for a quiet chat. :D

Lee

11. coachman

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    Sorry to hear that Woody. Gotta love Cyanide.

All games against Woody will be set at 2-0 wins. Don't think I can do that for games that have already been played.

Any complaints?

12. Rav3n73

Rav3n73 Member

Country Flag:
    hmm,

I think it would be fairer to award 0-0 draws.

If you award a 2-0 win does that team also get 2 free MVP's? and a boat load of cash?

Since no one actually won WoodyGood, everyone who lost or drew would be at a -3 point compared with teams still to play Woodygood. Using a 0-0 would at least limit the disadvantage teams who have already played him would see.

Shame you can't reset all games to 0-0 or 2-0 wins. If you haven't please check if you can't do it.

Lee

13. coachman

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    I have no problems giving draws. There is no ssp for admin'd games. so a loss is bad for your standings but it is a chance to gain ssp and skills.

I've given draws up until now as its hard to assign blame for connection issues. My thoughts were there is a definate person who wanted to play and another who can't this time.

Anyone elses thoughts? I have to make a decision at 2300 tonight when I put the week forward. Unless I hear differently Ill go all draws at that time.

EDIT: Panda, can you play Sunday night at 2130 BST, UK time?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  14. Panda with issues

Panda with issues Member

Country Flag:
    That should be fine Coachman.

It is a real shame that port forwarding issues have cropped up so frequently.

I can't really blame woodygood for his choice. It is exceptionally frustrating.

In my games so far, three have been drawn due to port issues, then i have 2 draws and a loss in games I've actually played. Out of those three games, I have racked up a total of 12 SPP. 2 TDs, a pass and an MVP.

Theoretically I should have at least 15 spp from MVPs, but the journeymen that the game refused to let me hire put paid to those points. It is slightly frustrating...

15. Web Cole

Web Cole Member

Country Flag:
    I would say award all of Woodygoods opponents with wins. Its bad enough being denied SPPs and match winnings, and people who played him before and got whatever result is really beside the point. My game with him was a draw, and I still say that.

16. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Why change what we are used to? Make them draws as that is what 3 of us already have and it is the accepted procedure for portfailure.

17. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    As one of the lucky ones who actually got to play woodygood I'm happy with either solution.

In terms of league standing its probably fairer to the ones who've already played to stick with 0-0 draws.

18. coachman

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    Draws it is then

19. coachman

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    The week has been forwarded and the standings are as follows. It's still not decided yet so get your matches organised.

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  20. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Well up against Chaos ehh! Are you up for the game tomorrow? I will try not to kill to many of your puny players with my strength 4 Wardancer from the very deep forrest.;)