1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BBTactics Forum Upgrade

Discussion in 'Site News, Bug Reports and Questions' started by Coach, May 4, 2015.

1. Valokiloren

Valokiloren Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    ʋǟʟ
    Cyanide Username:
    Valokiloren
    Country Flag:
    Well, on the plus side, everything seems to be working fine, though the display looks pretty meh to me. It's very... generic and doesn't have the "feel" yet, if you see what I mean. But I'm sure you're planning to do more with it in the near future, so I'm not worried in the slightest. :D

Thanks again for all the hard work, Coach!

2. Valokiloren

Steam Username:
    ʋǟʟ
    Cyanide Username:
    Valokiloren
    Country Flag:
    Hmm... I don't appear to be able to edit posts yet. Possibly related to the fact that (at this moment in time), I have a "New Member" status, which stops this from being the case. Not sure if the points thing is something you'll need to assign manually to existing members, but having read about the trophy points and how we attain them, most of us ought to have about 10+ points it seems.

EDIT: Oh goodie - things seem to be fine now. Cheers Coach~

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  3. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    I'm probably going to disable all that trophy points system. Having looked into things though they don't appear to have any bearing on permissions. The new user thing doesn't either. You are in a usergroup with perimssion to edit your posts, however your user permissions specifically say no.

I'm investigating further...

4. Coach

Country Flag:
    Ah, permissions work differently from the old software. While all the permissions were imported correctly as the system works differently the permissions weren't applying correctly.

I think I've sorted it now, if anyone can't edit their post or do something else they were expecting then let me know.

5. Werebat

Werebat Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Werebat
    Country Flag:
    Wyrmwood approves of the new Toadbrew color scheme! :D

Thanks for all the hard work, Coach!

6. Werebat

Werebat Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Werebat
    Country Flag:
    Hmm, minor comment here, but I've noticed that the Wyrmwood blog's icon seems to be impossible to change from my personal icon. It used to be that spiffy glass of glowing green stuff.

No biggie, but being able to give threads their own icon was a nice feature, and if it could be returned somehow that would be very nice.

Of course it's possible that I just haven't figured out how to do it yet, and if so, someone please enlighten me!

7. Smakapotomus

Smakapotomus Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Smakapotomus
    Country Flag:
    Everything looks great Coach, thanks for your hard work. Take my money now...

8. Coach

Country Flag:
    That was a modification I added to the old forum software, don't think any come with that as default. It is something I'm a fan of as well, not seen a modification to do the same with this software yet but it is on my to do list to see if I can add it again.

9. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    Looks like I can edit and delete my posts now. Thanks again.

Edit

Look at me playing with the edit function.

Also is there a limit to the amount of conversations we can have or to the number of posts in a conversation?

Coach likes this.
  10. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    Hey looking great. Thaks a lot Coach.

11. Tjorne

Tjorne Member

Cyanide Username:
    .marXman. (BB1), Tjorne (BB2)
    Country Flag:
    Looks good, seems to run smoothly.

Thank you!

(Any chance to get the old BB dice symbols back? Or do they just work differently?)

12. Mephiston

Mephiston Member

Country Flag:
    Everything is looking fine for now really.

Only two things I noticed.

One of them is that the Blood Bowl dice icons/smileys are of course not working anymore, since they are not in this forum program. So all old posts which have them in them will look strange where the icon was used. In one of my recent posts I used all of them in one post, and what is left now are the icon code and/or parts of it being shown as one of the smileys this forum does supply us with.

The other thing, and the bigger and more importent thing (in my mind), is that I can not find how to "mark forum/thread read"... ehm... nevermind... I just found it... XD It is up in the top left corner of the page.

If you use it on the main forum page then you will mark all forum threads read (would it be possible to make it so that you could choice which threads to mark as read here?). If you press it when you are inside one of the threads (like for example "General Blood Bowl News and Discussion") then you will be given the optionto mark all forums threads read, or only mark the thread your in read. I think I am using the word "thread" right, not sure compleatly... section might be a better word for it... my forum lingo is not that great. XD

13. Coach

Country Flag:
    Hey @Mephiston the BB smilies are on my to do list already.

The mark forums as read is context sensitive. If you do it on the forum home page it will mark all of them. If you are in one of the individual forums and you click on it, then it will pop up asking if you just want to mark that specific forum as read, or the whole forum. It's pretty clever the way it works but like yourself it did confuse me at first and I had to look it up.

14. Coach

Country Flag:
    :bothdown::pow::powdodge::pushback::skull: They're back, let me know if you find somewhere they aren't showing in old posts as I'm not 100% sure I've given them the same names as before...

15. Valokiloren

Steam Username:
    ʋǟʟ
    Cyanide Username:
    Valokiloren
    Country Flag:
    Just checked using the search engine - either Mephi (Mephiston) incorrectly entered in the codes for :powdodge: and :pushback: or they were originally :pow!: and :push:. This was in a post he made on Monday this week, just so we're all aware.

16. mardaed

mardaed Member

Country Flag:
    Awesome!!!!

4DB :)skull::pushback::powdodge::pow::bothdown::bothdown::pow::powdodge:)

Can we use this for the WordPress blog?

17. Coach

Country Flag:
    Thanks, added those as well so you can use either.

There is probably a way to add custom smileys I'll have to look into that next week.

18. Coach

Country Flag:
    @Werebat I've just added thread thumbnails! I've put them on a couple of forums, if anyone thinks they need to be added to any others or taken away then I'm open to discuss it.

You can add a thumbnail when you create a thread by using the box under the main post edit box to paste in a link to the image you wish to use. Thumbnail sizes are 100px wide 8 57px tall. It does appear to squash images to fit and will also take the first image from a thread, or first image attachment if you don't specify one. I'm going to see if it is possible to add a default image per thread prefix as well, but that isn't a default option and will require some editing but it would make life easier for the default race logos.

If you want to add one to an exiting thread, the only way I think you can do it is to edit the original post and add an image to the post which will then get used as the thumbnail.

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  19. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    As expected there's now a lot of BBM images in the blog section. You lot go add some more interesting image to your first posts!

20. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Will the chat box return at some point?