1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyanide BBTactics in OCC Season 27

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by 20phoenix, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Everblue

Everblue Active Member

Country Flag:
    In my final game I beat Dreamy's undead 2-1 to finish with a 4-3-2 record and another disappointing season. I'm currently third, but Sovereignstrike and Suhr can go ahead of me if they win.

The game was pretty vanilla - I ground up the pitch in the first half and scored on turn 8. My claw did nothing to the undead but their wizard was unspectacular and there was an unfortunately double skulls on Neckbreaker. Second half a snake eyes on a GFI from Dreamy gave me a free 2D block on his ball carrier (rookie ghoul) but four dice were all pushes and skulls and be broke clear. I had another blitz on the ball carrier but again rolled pushes and he scored on turn 14. With three turns to equalise I played some elfball and scored with a handoff on turn 16.

2. Silfuin

Silfuin Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    MD9
    We have two players out and we'll be playing in 11, so I ended up buying an additional lino, and it served me well, as my armor was made of paper today and we were soon down in numbers.
    Conversely the armour of the rats had some reinforcements today so they usually had the numbers superiority (except perhaps the last turns, I forgot to count)

However we played a perfect 2-1 grind and we w... oh, no, we drew! Gah, i forgot to score in my turn 8! [​IMG]
    We are truly Klownz.

Apart from that i noticed only a couple os positioning errors and a major mistake when I moved the troll who was sealing my screen last: it was a not absolutely necessary move, but if it turned out stupid my BC would have been completely exposed.
    Bad mistake.
    I was spared by nuffle though.

Funny experience I had: i made an error in the pushes after a block and blocked the way out to my blitzer which I planned to reporsition. It would have been a 3+ followed by a 2+ dodgewith my AG4 guy.
    Having blocked the way I completed teh moves protecting him instead and entangling the rats who were swarming my cage.
    A rat failed a dodge out next and in my following turn I could easily swat them away and move not only the BC but also some other guy to support teh new cage which I formed elsewere.
    When you say that not all that is bad is really bad ... [​IMG]

Good experience, those rats are damn fast, but they are not strong, so by sticking together we were usually able to swat them away when they tried to swarm us.
    True, he managed to blitz our BC at 1 d a couple of times, and with rerolls there was a chance of dropping him, but overall we held the pitch well, and with the number of blocks we threw at them it could have been a different kind of game if armours broke.

Division 5, here we come.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  3. Dionysian

Dionysian Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Mixed emotions with a 2-0 win over tubragg to seal 2nd place and stay in the championship for next season. However, Tyrion died on a block from a rookie zombie, meaning Nurvana start next season with 3 rookie warriors. T1 has not been kind to Nurvana. 3x 90 game developed warriors dead this season, all my pests dead last attempt. I expect to finish S28 with an all rotter squad.

4. Mikko

Mikko Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Mikko
    Country Flag:
    Managed to finish 2nd in 2D with 6-2-1 record, only bad thing happening this season was my superghoulie dying in MD9 ( crowd tore him to pieces) .

5. Jakerbeef

Jakerbeef Member

Country Flag:
    TeamSpirit's 14th season and they finish (maybe, depending on tiebreaker rules) 1st in 2B.

The team is looking as good as they ever will at roughly 2500 tv. They're bloated, but that's Nurgle for you. Surprised at how low the TV of the other qualifiers are. It won't be long before TV that big slowly kills our team, so it's probably now or never.

Every other coach has a higher win % than me, but I quietly fancy that I've one of the strongest teams.

6. AllyRdr

AllyRdr Member

Country Flag:
    BJJ Hero/Coachman handed me a tanking on MD9, running out with a 4 nil win.

7. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    So I'm the only person that beat you this season? Huh.

Ally: good! You deserved it after the beatdown you put on me :/

8. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    There you go. You beat Mikko, and while I had an 8 loss season, my one win was against notafunhater. So by the process of victory assimilation I think I should be awarded at least 2nd place in 2D!

9. notafunhater

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    One win by out-elfing my elves! Still grumbling about that.

10. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    If it makes you feel any better it was my lone highlight of the season, and my superstar wight who made the play got -MA the next match!

11. notafunhater

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    Oh no! He deserved better than that.

12. Dionysian

Dionysian Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    *looks pointedly at 20phoenix* :p

13. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    You might be waiting a while i'm afraid. I shall be hanging up my BBT contributions for a while although dropping in every now and then. With my league/cup involvements here finished I find i'm spending very little time here and what I am posting tends to be a repetition of whats written elsewhere. Its been emotional.