1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyanide BBTactics in OCC Season 27

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by 20phoenix, Apr 20, 2015.

1. coachman

coachman Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    How do all of these elves keep getting guard. Someone should let me in on the secret.

2. CariadocThorne

CariadocThorne Member

Country Flag:
    Simple.

Elves of any type have an easier time levelling up linemen. If you roll a lot of advancements, you're going to get quite a few doubles.

Now if only i could roll as many doubles for advancements as I do for fouls.....

3. coachman

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    And Ive had 1 double in the last 3 seasons as woodelves.

Ive decided that double skills are just TV bloat now.

4. akirilus

akirilus Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Step 1: Get lucky (roll doubles frequently)
    Step 2: Stay lucky (not lose any of those squishy AV7 Guards without defensive skills to retirement)
    Step 3: Get lucky some more (roll even more doubles, or an AGI+)
    Step 4: Profit

5. CariadocThorne

CariadocThorne Member

Country Flag:
    Do you spread the TDs around the team? When i played as wood elves I found it too easy to score with catchers and wardancers, and i sometimes neglected my linemen, when spreading the love would have given me more advances overall (and lets face it, even woodelf linemen are easier to score with than most teams dedicated scorers).

One advance out of every six should be a double on average, so you should get a few doubles quite quickly.

6. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    I've had my Undead team since season 16 and I've yet to have a single guard zombie :mad:

7. coachman

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    I have 3 linemen with 6 skills between them.
    2 catchers with 7 skills
    2 wardances with 6 skills inc a double and +ma
    A skill free tree
    A thrower with 3 skills.

So plenty of skills but no guard

8. Jbecks

Jbecks Member

Cyanide Username:
    jbecks
    Country Flag:
    You need to sacrifice more blonde virgins

9. CariadocThorne

CariadocThorne Member

Country Flag:
    Personally, i always start without catchers and don't rush to get them, so it's easier to skill up the linemen, but it looks like you've been a little unlucky with your rolls too. With 23 advances you should, on average have 3 or 4 doubles, you've got 1.

On a strictly average set of rolls (which is never going to really happen), after 36 advances you should have:
    1 +str or double skill
    2 +agi
    2 +ma/av
    1 +ma/av or double
    4 doubles
    26 normal skills.

Considering that you are virtually 2/3 of the way to 36, luck has not been with you when you roll your advances.

10. tentaakkeli

tentaakkeli Member

Cyanide Username:
    tentaakkeli
    Country Flag:
    I am in 4D with Roaring 20's (wood elves)
    Edit. Promoted from 5D

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  11. akirilus

akirilus Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    So season 27 gets under way for the Wolves, and first up was Errant Saint, the heir apparent to Danton and the way of the Dark Elf. This was a game where any points would have made me happy because a) great coach and b) elves. In the first half I stuffed my own drive, and with Errant's help failed to score - but inflicted enough damage that he couldn't score back either, and the half ended 0-0.

In the second half, the numerical advantage started to take its toll. First ES positioned himself in such a way as to be able to dump off the ball to an unmarked receiver when his rookie runner gets blitzed - but the runner threw inaccurately courtesy of the 2 tackle zones placed on him, and the scatter was disastrous. The ball landed in front of Sander the Unnatural, who scooped it up and returned it for an uncontested TD 2 turns later - 1-0.

Then some more dodging and shoving took place, and a zombie dwarf ended up blitzing down Lady of Pain to dispossess ES for the second time. Some more GFI happened, and it became 2-0 on turn 15/15, essentially sealing the deal.

2-0 final for the Wolves.

GG ES - was an excellent match. Saw the retirement of Soego - a founding member of the Sigils, who got his collar bone smashed at the end of the first half. The apo was already asked to intervene on behalf of Bloody Mary the MB witch, who gave off the appearance of being dead - that turned out to be shock from having her ankle smashed.

P.S. The ref who oversaw this match was either genetically blind, or should receive the "Obliviousness" award. Of the ~12 fouls committed over the course of the game (~11 of which were from ES, who got a bribe as his inducement), NOT ONE was whistled. That's the spirit of "lettin the lads play".

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  12. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Seems that good old Ref Mole┬┤eye is still doing his thing.

My game saw a ref not so keen on letting my dirty players stay in the game, but ended in a 2-2 draw against woodies. Everything went to plan most of the time until a double 1 on ball handling saw the ball end up in a wights hands and with him being a cagecorner the elfs took the ball with ease - the WD just scoped it up from the ground ignoring TZ and that trivial stuff. Then a 1 die block was needed to get a route to blitz the WD :skull: reroll :skull:

That was not so good and so I was driving for a draw instead of a win:mad: Made it after weird shenanigans in the last turns. We both pulled of some crazy shit to end the game 2-2:powdodge:

[​IMG]

13. coachman

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    MD1 done with a win over notas scary darkelves. The short version is we sent his players off quicker than he could remove ours.

2-1 with a ref who was keen to let the lads play on.

14. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    2-1 win over chorfs for MD1. More details on the blog

15. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Added..........

16. AllyRdr

AllyRdr Member

Country Flag:
    Opened the season with a 2 nil win over some fellow named Javelin. Believe he may be from around these parts. :) Fun game, or at least I thought so.

[​IMG]

17. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Fun? I watched most the first half and at one point I counted 14 players in a 3x5 rectangle!

18. AllyRdr

AllyRdr Member

Country Flag:
    Ahh, the Flying Power Trundle in all it's glory! Brings a tear to the eye! Warm memories, of long sunny afternoons, jumpers for goalposts,..

19. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    Key point is that I wasn't able to remove yours! 0 Cas and 2 KOs the entire game. Shameful. I'm going to put the team through extra hitting practice this week.

20. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    The Orkz start their season with a 1-1 against Razon's undermanned Necro, a wizard and nuffle herself...

I threw about 3 times as many block dice and acutally scored less armour breaks...oh and a 25 point swing on the d6 didn't help either...