Cyanide BBTactics in the OCC Season 21

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
Undead Quiet tied MD2 against Baalz Warpstoned Gitz Underworld team. I managed to knock all three of his MB/Claw players (two STR5 and the other one a typical killer with horns/JU/block/tackle); unfortunately the APO saved one, regen saved his troll from a broken leg, and the other blitzer came back from a KO on turn 8.

So the second half was more challenging than I hoped and we ended up tying 1-1.

Chubberson

Star Player
Cyanide Username
Chubberson
Country Flag
Took on Gang of Grudges coached by Naecken, Chorfs. I kick, get a blitz. Naecken loaded the line and my slayer stuns his mino I catch it. T1 was bad for him, 2-8 ok in terms of die. His second half block die were shit house. 2-0 win. My 7358 runner scores both TD's and gets MVP going from 41 to 52. Take Block. Two rookies get a cas, would dearly love an MVP on either to get guard, big hole to fill after 3 good dwarfs died MD7 last season. 1-0-1 Orla next. Gonna bs a tough season me thinks.

Barristan

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
MD2 vs ChoobyWalker's Humans in 4C.

He took an extra apo as inducements and spent it on a BH first turn. He also proceeded to score a 2-turner thanks to his MA7 AG4 Thrower and a couple of good catchers. I then grinded my way upfield for a T8 equalizer, inflicting 2 more cas along the way.

I took my 8 turns to score in the 2nd, inflicting 3 more cas and killing a Lino on a foul with my DP. I fouled 7 times I think after we got a bribe from the first KO, pretty much all of them with my DP, for only stuns and finally this death. Next turn my DP got ejected after the bribe failed :rolleyes: He had 2 guys left on the pitch when I scored. He could rally only 5, which was good for me as he still had a MA9 Sprint Catcher. Unless I'm mistaken he was not going to attempt the one-turner, but anyway a Blitz! allowed me to KO said Catcher just in case (AV6 ain't too fancy).

A good game allowing me to tie with Akirilus on top of the division. Downside is he made two cas, first one killed my lvl5 Thrower but the Apo was on the ball this time, second one gave a niggle to a Guard/Tackle blitzer (27SPP). That's slightly annoying before the other Chorf team next week, let's hope Doomy's Undead will thin the ranks for me. :)

akirilus

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
MD2 saw the Wolves matched up against a well developed Khorne team. Da Basher's "Epik Kaos" featured a level 6 Bloodthirster worth 290 TV (Block, Mighty Blow, Guard, Stand Firm, Piling On), as well as a couple of souped up cultists (including one with +2 Agi and Pass). Team values were almost equal, so I chose to spend 50K of petty cash to induce a babe (per Limdood's suggestion, which I thought was a good one). Da Basher therefore ended up with 40K gold for inducements, which gave him bupkis.

I lost the coin toss and ended up having to kick off. Because of all the frenzy on the other side, I decided to take a risk and set up frenzy traps one square away from the LoS. Of COURSE, the kickoff event was a Quick Snap. The one time I take a risk, it backfires. That, however, turned out to be about the only good thing that happened for Basher in the first half. His blocks weren't terrible, except when it came to using the Thirster, who rolled 2 sets of snake-eyes in between going WA. He also failed to break armor, even after Piling On. My own CPOMB player didn't have such inhibitions, hurting a Herald off the field on the opening defensive turn (regen failed). With attrition going completely my way, and Basher choosing to push everyone forward (and relying on his Agi5/Pass guy to move the ball forward), I was able to pressure the ball, and when the resulting pass was incomplete (catch failed), I eventually stole the ball and returned for a turn 8/8 defensive TD. The first half was a Nuffling in my favor - a rare turn of events given how the last month or so have gone.

The second half opened with me receiving the ball, and having the numbers advantage to boot (11 vs. 9 ). The kick was shallow, and the kickoff event was a Blitz! - while it's hard to complain after the way the first half turned out, I am still waiting for a game where the kickoff events do not BLATANTLY favor the opposing team. Still, Khorne weren't quite able to steal the ball, so for a change I got to run offense on my own possession. Some more attrition in my favor followed, and then I think I committed a mistake. The ball was comfortably in scoring range, and most of the Khorne team was on the ground. I should have stalled out the game. Instead, I felt sorry for the opposition and a little greedy, so I handed off to a Wight and cashed in the TD. Being up 2-0 on turn 12/11 seemed like a fairly safe lead.

This is where the luck too a complete 180. First of all, the kick event was a Riot, with the clock being moved BACK one turn, extending a game I wanted over as quickly as possible. Then, despite only being able to field 8 players vs. my full 11 (and all the positionals save the ball-handling ghoul, who was benched on purpose, since his Tackle contributes nothing against dodge-less Khorne), Bashed could literally do no wrong. He threw multiple 1d blocks, almost all of which came up POW, and he couldn't NOT break armor. By the end of the game, he actually had more players on the field than I did - iirc 7 vs. 6. I was able to scrum it up for the ball, which prevented him from scoring a TD - but my plan of maybe grabbing a third evaporated very quickly as well. One of my FG also took an injury, although thank god it was only a BH (and he regened it).

Lesson learned here - when the opponent is down, don't let them get back up. I've had it done to me many times, and it's very frustrating - so I should be more ruthless when it comes time to be on the end wielding the big stick. I am pretty sure that I could have safely stalled out the game based on what was out there on the field on turn 12.

Otherwise, no permanent damage was done to either side, although we combined for about 10 KOs. A 2-0 win which had more to do with luck than skill, but at this point, I'll take it and not feel sorry ;) . Next week it'll be Doomy's Undead, which is going to be a hard game. This entire division is a killer - after Doomy I have a rematch against Ser Barristan's orcs, followed by more orcs and two chaos dwarfs. Fun stuff!

Last edited:

Barristan

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Nice one Aki. You trounced me nicely the last time so I'm not fancying my chances against you especially after the 2nd Chorf team (although the first one went down unexpectedly well). Good point for you, Doomy lost his Block/Guard/SF Mummy MD1.

akirilus

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
He took an extra apo as inducements and spent it on a BH first turn. He also proceeded to score a 2-turner thanks to his MA7 AG4 Thrower and a couple of good catchers. I then grinded my way upfield for a T8 equalizer, inflicting 2 more cas along the way.

Those humans really do like pretending to be elves. I had a somewhat annoying time facing them, because they were a misclick away from stealing a TD in the first half, and then almost set up an equalizer with some ridiculous dodging towards the end of the game. Someone should really kill that Agi4/SA/Accurate (AV-) thrower. I tried, but couldn't do anything more than a KO.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
Don't Panic won in MD2.

1st half Khemri receive and cage up but they make a mistake on turn 4 and move the cage into contact. I have enough guard to take down the TG's at the front of the cage and sack the ballcarrier.
Elves recover and score.
2nd half I forget a skelly has sidestep so my blitz to free the catcher fails. Then I decide to GFI with a blitzer to score but he falls in the endzone. The ball ends up going OOB and being in a scrum of players. Elves are better than Khemri at pickling up in TZ's and I manage to get the ball and score again.

Mikko

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Mikko
Country Flag
MD2 Stole a point from Davos chaos dwarfs, end result 1-1.

First half i managed to hold Davos offense back...had a little help from his minotaur who seemed more interested to roar at someone at the stands...no casualties.

Second half i resorted to desperation play after my only wolf got KO´d, that resulted in the ball going out of bounds and being thrown into Davos EZ..which his agi4 bull picked up couple turns later only to snake eye a gfi and spilling the ball in close proximity of my wights who both were marked...so after dodge, pick up, 2xgfi, accurate pass and a catch the game is 1-0 for me with Davo having 3 turns to score back. Kick off sees the turn counter moved forward and after killing my wolf (regen worked...phew...) i´m left with a chance to win the game if i succeed with 1d blitz with my wrestle ghoul...which ends up as a push...so 1-1 it is.

jounisii

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
jounisii
Country Flag
Boys in Spandex started their season with a frustrating loss 2-1 against Waleed's EMO elves. Basically none of my elf trickery succeeded. God, I hate darkies.

The second match was against A-R-C-H-O-N's chaos coached by Thsin. An unlikely defensive TD on T8 w 6 elfies set the tone and Boys grabbed a 2-1 win in the end. A questionable T16 foul on mino gave him -MV. Thats was the only injury of any kind in the match!

Barristan

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Those humans really do like pretending to be elves. I had a somewhat annoying time facing them, because they were a misclick away from stealing a TD in the first half, and then almost set up an equalizer with some ridiculous dodging towards the end of the game. Someone should really kill that Agi4/SA/Accurate (AV-) thrower. I tried, but couldn't do anything more than a KO.

Yes, he played them elfball style and got away with it as his dodging was very successful. It did make him hard to contain and he even managed to 1D blitz my carrier on T8 with his AG4 Blodge Blitzer, after 4 dodges (3 in 1TZ!) and 2 GFI, but could not get better than :pushback: even with RR. It nearly cost me though as I needed my blitz to clear a path for the EZ and my AG4 carrier rolled 1 RR 2 on the dodge. Scary.

I also tried to kill that Thrower and gave him a Fractured Arm in the end. I also gave -MV to his MA9 Catcher but the Apo fixed him up. So he only lost this lvl 2 Lino in the end, which is good because he is a good coach and could steal points from other teams before the season ends. ;)

Ging

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ging
Country Flag
Branded Beasts get a rare win over orcs in 3D.

I think cpervert was risking it going in with only 11 orcs against my 12 chaos, and he ended up on the wrong end of the KO rolls, which sees the Beasts pick up their first win of the season, 2-0.

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Some wacky dice lead to a disappointing draw despite my having a 390TV advantage. Not happy - Halflings are leading the division. :(

Remthar

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Some wacky dice lead to a disappointing draw despite my having a 390TV advantage. Not happy - Halflings are leading the division. :(

Unfortunately some Chorfs have just equaled me. Fortunately I face them next and can teach them the error of their ways. Haflings for division champion!

Juriel

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Div1, my rats lost to CDs.

My own fault, but also, they just could not fail even a single AG2 roll whole match to give me a break.

So, that's my season over.

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Div1, my rats lost to CDs.

My own fault, but also, they just could not fail even a single AG2 roll whole match to give me a break.

So, that's my season over.

Well you're probably bored of rats anyway :p:p

dubbs

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
dubbs
Country Flag
I was planning to retire them at the end of last season...

Time for Vamps, methinks.

If you do reroll vamps, you can probably win enough matches to offset all the losses I'm wracking up in the vampire department ;)