1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyanide BBTactics in the OCC Season 22

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by 20phoenix, Mar 18, 2014.

1. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    MD6 3A.

My Disciples efeated Da Basher's developed Khorne team 1-0, but took a beating in the process. Level2 Assassin took -av, MNG one of my blitzers and my best lino (blodge guard). That lino took a smashed collarbone in turn 11, which I apo'd as he's my best one. He was then re-injured on the first block he took after coming back in. His block and armor dice were amazing-51% knockdowns on my blodge-crazy team despite having no claw other than the BT, and of the 20 breaks, 7 of them were casualties. Above average, for sure. I'm just glad nobody important was injured. Trying to decide if I want to just fire the assassin now--I've been trying like crazy to develop one and haven't had one live past 20spp yet. They just die far too easily and maybe my experimenting with them should be done.

Next week I'll have 11 able bodies for Milker's team Exit, which has taken a massive beating this season. He's down to 10 players total, one MNG this week for his cripple-off with akirilus, and all but a couple of them have permanent stat busts.

I'm in a pretty decent position in the division--Tied for second or third depending on results this week, with 3 games left, one of those against one of the teams ahead of me.

2. kingghidra

kingghidra New Member

Country Flag:
    I was watching this game and I did laugh at this one, I must admit.

Something I noticed is you don't seem to hypno gaze a lot. I haven't seen your other matches so I don't know if this was an exception or not, but was just wondering if this is the general way you play vamps, a one-off for this game, or maybe I'm wrong and you were trying.

3. PaloLV

PaloLV Member

Cyanide Username:
    PaloLV
    Country Flag:
    [​IMG]

Lucky to get a tie in this game where I couldn't remove any Grave Diggers and his +2 agi wolf rolled a 1 on his dodge on T16 to preserve the tie which was one of only four 1's he rolled in 42 D6 events. 120 to 60 block dice but just couldn't break armor or get 8+ rolls to remove a player. I had 57 2d6 rolls for armor or injury to 35 for the Necro but he got more 9's, 10's, and 11's than I did but we did each roll one 12. I had an absurd 18 7's which is just a worthless number to roll even with mighty blow vs team that's AV 8. A get the ref event allowed several gang fouls but no removals there either.

This tie probably will leave me 4 points behind the division winner assuming the 1700+ TV Norse beat up 1100ish TV rookie Chaos as expected. The Norse do have tough games in MD 7 and MD 9 though but it's looking bleak now. I entered the week tied with 3 other teams 2 points behind the Norse and with the best TD differential but now my Orcs and the Necro I just tied are falling back to a tie with each other for 4th place it looks like.

I do get hopefully easier games the rest of the way. Rookie and winless Dark Elves next week followed by Underworld I'll be giving inducements to and then finally Juriel's Vamps which should be annoyingly developed by the time we meet in MD9.

In recent news the Norse got Nuffled against the rookie Chaos and now I'm only 2 points out of the division lead though still in a tie for 4th most likely depending on results of the final match of the week.

Rookie blitzer rolled 6+4 on his skill up and took the +1 MV. It's the first stat or double the team has gotten.

Next up is a fellow rookie team in the Dark Elves. He's at 1210 TV so I'll be giving him 150k inducements. He's only got 1 RR naturally on the team and it's killed him in several games this year so I expect to see a RR and a babe instead of a wizard. He's also winless and out of the division race so he might opt for an apo and a babe for team preservation.

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  4. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Or so he would wish :p

5. PaloLV

PaloLV Member

Cyanide Username:
    PaloLV
    Country Flag:
    Two of his vamps hit L3 this week so they'll be blodgers unless he gets a stat. He's got another at 13 SPP and his rookie has 3 SPP so with 2 more games before we meet barring death or injury I'll be probably facing 3 blodgers with the 4th at L2. He's also got a +1 str freak thrall who I sincerely hope dies very soon though he's unlikely to reach L3 before we can meet so an AV 7 skill less Str 4 piece is not exactly super scary to my orcs. Juriel has really been scoring quite easily recently so he might have 4 blodgers by the time we meet. Despite his 2-1-3 record he leads the division in scoring with 10 TD's.

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  6. Dionysian

Dionysian Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    1-1 draw with Hawca on MD6

Curious start with Talisa getting KO'd by a rock then a rotter cage corner snake-eyeing a GFI as we tried to position for a gang foul. H pops the ball and I'm fortunate it doesn't spring clear. After a couple of turns of jostling we get the ball back on a rotter (ty hobs for making the strip ball dancer miss this game) but with both tackles and the MB in the KO box we're not going anywhere.

2nd half he snake eyes the pickup giving Talisa a 75% chance of being awesome. She's saving it up for S24 tho. H then makes a 4+ pass to an out of range catcher and we force the quick score before grinding back the draw.

7. jounisii

jounisii Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    This BBT derby ended in favour of Boys in Spandex. Jrpeart and his EMOs had to succumb to pro elf supremacy 5-2. This makes BBTactics 1-2-3 in 3D :)

8. Barristan

Barristan Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks for jinxing me Joun. ;)

Lost 1-2 to the Khorne team. I received, killed a rookie Cultist on the LoS, and KOed the Super Star BT with a foul T3 after he made a useless blitz. He played very risky and kept sticking players to my BC, and what do you know it paid off. I took too long to move forward, then he sacked the carrier on 1D :pushback: 2D uphill :powdodge::pow: T7, and my last ditch attempt failed. Half-time 0-0.

The BT kept sleeping despite a Babe, so it was 11 vs 10 for me, but I made a lot of mistakes to open and he scored in 2 turns with his AG4 Herald. The bastard was niggled but refused to be injured off despite at least 4 MB hits first half. I then had to decide between stalling for the draw or attempt the win. I went with the 'no guts no glory' approach, vindicated when the next kick-off was a riot giving me one more turn and the BT kept sleeping. I managed a 3 turns score but in the process my Super Star AG4 Lino took a -AV and the Apo offered to kill him :mad:

1-1

The BT finally woke up and it was 11 vs 10 again. He flubbed his pick-up allowing me to pressure the ball, but his bloody Letters kept dodging all over the place and he managed to push forward a lone carrier. I could mark him and bring two safeties for a blitz the following turn, unfortunately I neglected to mark the downed AG4, who entered the EZ and received the 3+ pass no bother. In the meantime my ST4 Lino whom I finally levelled-up this game took also a -AV. :rolleyes:

1-2

With two turns left it was always going to be hard, then he managed to kick on the LoS AND on the sideline opposite my cluster of players to boot (no kick skill obv). My Thrower made the pick-up and the pass, but the receiver failed the catch and I stupidly decided to save my last RR for T16. This allowed him to put 3 TZ on the ball. My blitz-push reduced it to one, but my Thrower failed the 4+ pick-up and that was that.

Final score 1-2.

Disappointing result, mostly to blame were my mistakes and decision to play for the win, but he had some pretty good dice - he played gutsy and was rewarded. I suffered 0 KO 3 cas, resulting in 2 perms (mind he had a dead and a -ST Cultists, both rookies, and also a niggled lvl 4 Letter). Not crippling but surely annoying ahead of the dreaded pair Nurgle/Chaos.

So next week Nurgle and a must-win as I'm now third, tied in points with Joun but with a much worse TDD. The Nurglites have lost some 300 TV since the season started including their MA8 Pestigor, but still have a Legendary one (killer build with MB/PO but no Claw :confused:), another with MB/Claw/JU and a NW with Block/Dodge/MB/Claw/Guard (and a niggle). 3 Guard vs 7 gives me an edge but still, I'm gonna have to buy 2 Rookies to put on the LoS and have 13 Orcs.

9. akirilus

akirilus Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    My MD6 cripple bowl against Milker went about as well as could be expected - which in this case translated to "quite well". Milker only had 10 active players, but still outdid my TV by 260 once the loner was taken into account - which should tell you something about the state of my team (I had 12 active players for the match for a total TV of 1450). I debated briefly between two babes and a bribe, and went with a bribe.

Milker won the toss, chose to receive, and we proceeded to play a game of cat and mouse, with a runner and a witch elf juggling the ball in the backfield. No one was being depitched - my DP clocked in with his usual "stun" fouls, and a STR-boosted blitzer who ended his turn on the sideline and got shoved oob ended up with not a scratch on him, so on turn 4 I decided it was time to use the wizard and LBed the witch elf. She got KDed for a stun, which is the "average" outcome of that action, and then I recovered the ball with my lone wolf after taking 2x GFI. The 2-3-2 sequence cost me a RR, but also placed me in a decent position to be annoying. Milker then went about setting up a blitz against the lone wolf, which necessitated an unskilled dodge and 2x gfi from his runner to bring in the assist - that 2-2-2 also ate a RR. Then a lino dodged away to deliver a 2d blitz, but oops - BDx2. The lino had no Block, the wolf did, and the RR was used up. Long story short - lino goes down, I blitz the wolf free, TD. 1-0 on turn 5/5 - the witch elf was about to wake up, and I had no chance at a good stall there, so a TD on the board was >>> a stupid turnover.

We kick off, Milker sets up a receiver in my backfield, but then advances the runner almost to midfield and fumbles a pass. There is a huge avenue of advance open right down the middle, and I push for a turnover by blizt-stunning the runner and putting a couple TZs on the ball. Unfortunately, I then attempt to pick it up, and this time it fails even with the RR. Milker makes something akin to a 3-3-2-4-2 pickup(TZ)-dodge(TZ)-dodge-pass-catch sequence, and runs in the TD, making it 1-1.

I still have 2 turns to try scoring, but zero RR, and no ball handling skills, so it's not looking good. My end of half drive produced some attrition, but failed to score a point. First, a Bloge/DT/SS blitzer attempted to face-hug my ball-carrying ghoul - but failed the 2x naked GFI he needed to get there. This resulted in a badly hurt blitzer. I then killed a loner with a normal block. I had a chance to put a ghoul into the endzone, but he needed a dodge to get there, which he failed (stunning himself in the process).

In the second half I received, and the injury dice turned good. My DP had 3 gang fouls (3+ assists each time) for 3 BH on back-to-back-to-back turns. The middle one was an ejection, but my bribe worked (and so it wasn't). Combined with a couple KOs, I felt comfortable handing off to a wight with 15/16 SPP, and he walked in the TD to make it 2-1.

Milker only had 5 players for his drive, and he went all out by inflitrating a blitzer into my half and passing him the ball. I responded with a WW blitz, knocking him down, and secured the ball with a ghoul. Somewhere in that process, the Str4/Tackle blitzer got hit by a zombie and picked up a niggling injury. The apo was used earlier to save a witch elf from a BH foul (?). I felt bad about that, and I think Milker was upset, BUT... the blitzer was body-marking my ghoul with the ball. Not pushing him away wasn't really a viable option, imo, and it's not like I targeted him with Piling On or a gang foul. Anyway, with the elves down to 3 players, I handed off to the WW and made it 3-1 on turn 16/15.

A much needed win that gives me two levels on positionals. Of course, the next three games are going to be nightmarish. First - Viajero and his "deceptively depleted" elves. Despite 10 active players, he has a core of 4 super-stars (both WD and a catcher are Agi 5, the thrower is accurate) and two more level 4 linos for support. This just ensures I will have no inducements. I then close the season against Orcs and ChD - the orc team leads the division with 26 CAS on 70 armor breaks, and ChD are ChD. If the end of the season doesn't kill me, I'll be happy!

10. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Played the orc punching bags of the season. He had three rookie linemen sitting on the sidelines every drive, giving me a wizard which allowed me an easy steal from the lone thrower in the backfield. (+Ag and accurate, BH by wiz in turn 2, apoed)

He then rolls a couple of double skulls eating his rerolls, so when his 3+ Dodge to equalize comes up it fails.

My drive gets a bit messy, but rookie wight gets through and accepts a handoff from the ballcarrier. Then gets blitzed down and stunned by a dodging rookie lino, forcing Doomlord to pick the ball back up and score himself.

Brief long shot at a second score fails as miserably as the potential 2-0 in turn 8 that I didn't even tell you about, and last turn sees the first successful foul as I BH his kicker (and deny to use any of the two free bribes I've gotten since a sent off is another point on that board.)

So temporarily above the demotion line, but next game is against the second placed team.. (Then also halflings and chorves)

11. jounisii

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:

12. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    Well it took until MD6, but my Undead Quiet finally got their first tier 2 victory! I had a -300K TV difference, and the wizard ended up saving the match after I lined up too many players near the LOS while receiving at the start of the 2nd half. When am I going to learn not to do that! You'd think I would know that 8 elves is more than enough to cause havoc if you don't prepare for it!

13. notafunhater

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    Nice work. That leaves us tied for third (you're ahead in TD differential) with three games left. All we need is for you to beat Bill, me to beat cookie, and we may end up in a four-way tie for first, ha! Wouldn't that be something?

Seriously though I'd say we're both in good position for promotion still. Which is really saying something given your issues keeping positionals healthy. I'm still wishing you still had your other wolf to carve through the bashier teams in the league.

Hoping to get a couple TDs on Shanez this week and cross my fingers for MB on her at super star (she has 70spp). That would really make her a terror.

14. akirilus

akirilus Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks :) . In theory, that would be nice. In practice, if I win ANY of the last 3 games on my schedule, I'll consider it a huge upset. Viajero has a perfectly intact nucleus of a wood elf team that can score at will (and that i can't really contain, because all the WD need is to not roll a 1). The orcs and the ChD will just depitch me - I can't contend with their scattered kill skills, and they outstrength me significantly. Not to mention they outskill me to kingdom come, which is almost the more important part. I just have nothing to oppose them with, and my success will rest almost exclusively on how long players stay on the pitch.

15. notafunhater

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    I had that problem with Viajero's team. I ended up stalling for the full second half with a huge manpower advantage, just to equalize. I wasn't confident that I could stop him even with 5 tacklers, with his three agi5 players, two of those mv8 leapers. I spent 7 turns punching them trying to knock them out to feel safe and wasn't able to. Bleh.

I think you'll do better against those other two than you think though. Look forward to seeing what happens.

16. Moncap

Moncap Member

Country Flag:
    MD6 against Mynock's Pro Elves

Mynock receives and scores. I receive, make slow progress, and go a man down. On turn 7 I see a kind of gap, figure it's as good as I'm going to get and go for it. Make I think two 3+ dodges past non tacklers, one 2+ and two go for it's to score. I set up intending to make a one turner difficult, and a riot makes the clock go back. Mynock rolls a double one on turn 8 failing a dodge, and I celebrate by injuring a couple of Elves.

Second half,a blitz, elves score to make it 2-1.
    I receive a collect the ball, injuring a couple of players. Have 3 rerolls to his 1, and have a reasonable to good chance of getting the draw, when my computer crashes.

It's the final day of the gameweek, and Mynock has a flight early the next morning and can't replay, so the result remains a 3-1 loss.

17. Juriel

Juriel Active Member

Country Flag:
    6D, my Vamps are finally developing. Faced an equally newbie Chaos team (where everyone just had Block)... in Sweltering Heat. Which, combined with all my AV7 and both of us having 11 players, didn't look in my favor.

They chose to kick first, and through getting nothing but POWs, took my vamps down/stunned/KOed, and the ball went off the pitch, and bounced into the biggest clump of Chaos, where a Beast caught it. Of course.

However, they ran that Beast to the side of the pitch where two of my Thralls had previously fallen down (and I had NOT stood them up), as somehow he missed them. Obviously a cunning camouflage plan on my part, so I was able to mark him, move my Vamps in and spill the ball loose. Not that I managed to pick it up again, but at least the half ended 0-0.

Now, the second half started with them receiving, me having 3 guys out (thanks, Heat) while they only had one. Not good? Pitch Invasion came in to save the day, letting me run through their ranks and mark their ball-carrier, unnerving them enough for them to try a short pass to safety... Which scattered, letting me steal it, stall in order to get the ball to the right Vamp, and score. VAMP LEVEL

Then it was turn 15, and they were receiving again, and the kick landed way deep. They fumbled the pick-up after the LOS blocks, and I ran my Vamps in to put an interception threat between them and their potential scoring threat any way they passed... But another turnover meant I didn't have to deal with that, and was able to blitz the ball clear, pick it up with newbie Vamp, and score. VAMP LEVEL

2-0 win, despite an extremely sketchy start.

18. PaloLV

PaloLV Member

Cyanide Username:
    PaloLV
    Country Flag:
    The only bright side about your vamps skilling up so much is maybe I won't have to give you a wizard for our game in MD9. Of course if Underworld MB/Claw wrecks me in MD8 there might not be any inducements. I'm going to do my best to kill his MB/claw vermin and feed linos to the troll but we'll see I guess.

I notice you got a good MVP finally on your 3 SPP Vamp who scored a TD also. You've got a shot to have 4 blodge vamps by MD 9 and an excellent chance to have all four done by the end of the season. Too bad for Chaos their smashed collar bone Beast who for some reason they didn't fire stole the MVP (and he was worthless in game getting bullied around by a single thrall).

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  19. Juriel

Juriel Active Member

Country Flag:
    Underworld MB/Claw is scary. In my first match against them, they killed a Thrall and niggled a Vamp by turn 3, but then we had a server disconnect. On rematch, everything proceeded much safer.

20. jounisii

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    Boys snatched a 2-1 win over Pidpad's underworlds with a last gasp elf BS play. 5-0-2 record at this point is way better than I expected.