1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyanide BBTactics in the OCC Season 22

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by 20phoenix, Mar 18, 2014.

1. PaloLV

PaloLV Member

Cyanide Username:
    PaloLV
    Country Flag:
    I watched that game, Akirilus, and it was brutal seeing you lose the wolf like that. The ghoul dying was funny because it's a rookie ghoul and I suspected it was his first match.

2. dubbs

dubbs Member

Cyanide Username:
    dubbs
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, you've had some terrible luck and it's lasted for far too long. Losing a Wolf like that is just someone salt in the wound. Hope things turn around for you sooner than later.

3. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Yeah sorry akirilus, been really shitty recently. You may feel differently at the end of the season but likely its time to retire this team. OCC is a hard league with it taking so long to get a shot at the title and as we all know one game can completely ruin a team whether they're av 7, av 9 or av 8 with regen. Looking good in the CC though, so maybe you make a deep run there.

4. Kjelstad

Kjelstad Active Member

Steam Username:
    Kjelstad
    Cyanide Username:
    Kjelstad
    Country Flag:
    I still remember watching that game. I would just forget ghouls for a while and power level another dog. rookie golems have no solution. With the inducements you should still do well. igor is not great but you can induce some good support players and keep your key pieces safe I think you can do well.

My completely unbiased opinion: the count is awesome.

5. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    Sorry about your wolf. I still feel bad about that. The greed pass was definitely the fulcrum. I could have and should have punted the ball up the field instead of trying to complete that pass over the wolf. Ah well, c'est la vie. Good game.

6. akirilus

akirilus Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah, Igor reduces the odds of the other wolf dying from 50% to 25% (if he rolls a career ender). For 100K that's marginal, but could prove critical.

Count Luthor is 390K, i believe, and will be fun to play with. He might be just as good as a wizard for the purposes of trying to win the match, provided he can stay on the field.

I don't think i can do anything to protect my level 4 flesh golem, as his job description is "go out, get hit, punch something in return". So really, I just have to keep my last wolf alive. I suppose my dwarf zombies (block/guard) are nice, but they are zombies, and suffer from the same problem the Flesh Golem does - slow, and once engaged, they are stuck for a while.

7. notafunhater

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    What is Igor? Like a second regen roll?

Also I just realized you face Jimxxx this week. His team is ridiculous. 2750+ TV chaos? I'm just glad I don't face them until MD9 after the other bash teams have gotten them first. My ChDorf opponent this week had 3 players killed by him in MD1, which should make it easier for me, but still. Hoping I don't have more deaths this week.

8. akirilus

akirilus Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Exactly :) . It allows you to re-roll one regen roll during the game. You can only ever buy 1 Igor, unlike "normal" teams, who can have up to 3 apothecaries with inducements.

I watched the Chaos on ChD game because I wanted to see what Jimmyxx does. He killed a blocker, a minotaur, and a rookie hobgoblin. Of those, I think only the blocker death is damaging. A minotaur is a bit questionable on a ChD roster to begin with, imo (people run it, but it gets in the way at times), but in any case, the one who died didn't have any skills you would find particularly annoying - he was Guard and something else that was not Block, Claw or Tentacles. So a rookie Mino will be pretty much the same, except he won't provide assists for free.

I am really not looking forward to this game, even though chaos will be missing two players. Their ball handler is Agi 4, Str 4, Sure Hands... That means Neknrekh will be useless against him. But no chaos players have Dodge! yeay!...

9. notafunhater

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    And no pile on! Be grateful for the small things, I guess. Regardless, I'll be pulling for you.

10. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    does seem ridiculous to have that much tv and no dedicated killer.
    :confused:

11. coachman

coachman Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    I got a 1-1draw against dakamancers necro.

I kicked and played with him knowing I had a wizard waiting. Around turn 5 i was all around the cage and figured I can get the ball if the fire ball drops a corner... 3 corners and the ball carrier! I pass the ball out and run to safety.

I score early giving him a couple of turns but their was never a credible acoring threat.

Second half, receiving and im 1-0 up. I cant get into thebackfield due to poor block dice and turnovers atarr coming from double1s and 2d blocks. I tuck in behind the tree and cage. A failed dodge stops me dead but im safe. He blitzes the str4 wolf into the cage but cant get the 6 to dodge.

I just need to push to get a guy off the cage then its hand off and score time... I turnover on a 2d block. Rr comes p skulls. He blitzes from the floor and drops my thrower. The ball is double marked by elves but his agi4 str4 goul picks up and is off. I hit him getting double push rr to double push so he keeps the ball.

He stalls out the game to finish 1-1.

On the plus side no damage and the rookie catcher skilled

12. Chubberson

Chubberson Member

Cyanide Username:
    Chubberson
    Country Flag:
    Pit Machine play the Nocturnals @2100 gmt Thursday night. No greed blocks :) he has three niggles and an av bust on an 11 man 2030 roster to my 12 and 1930. May hire a rookie. If my block die are ok I think we will make it hard but Tlax is ex tier 1 so we are expecting a tough one. In other news Gusya beat Jakerbeef and killed Ted Nightall the legend warrior in the process leaving this division (2D) wide open.

13. Squall

Squall Member

Country Flag:
    Telorast tonight.... not going to be pretty. I have 1 tackle and he has 8 dodge... he has his ag 5 leaper and I have well some block I guess. Will fill up on rotters and a wizard for the hell of it.

[​IMG]

14. Dionysian

Dionysian Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    4-1 loss to Kjel's vamps. Pretty much the result I expected. This could be a long and painful season.

15. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    I'm catching a break this week as my 2D opponent (the necro team Imaginary Friends) got kind of beat up last week. My bottom 5 TV of 1740 with 14 players is actually 50TV over my opponents for the moment. He only has 11 players though, so he may buy a zombie or replace either his -MV wolf or his -MV ghoul (both out this week).

In either case this may be the only match this season where I'm not a huge TV underdog. Time to cross my fingers!

16. Squall

Squall Member

Country Flag:
    Managed to beat Telorast 2-1.

My drive was relatively faultless, then he got an easy enough score. All hell broke loose in the end but I didn't actually have to use my wizard to win :D

17. Kjelstad

Kjelstad Active Member

Steam Username:
    Kjelstad
    Cyanide Username:
    Kjelstad
    Country Flag:
    You should have used it anyhow, Squall. MB built in. If anyone is due a little payback it is Telorast.

Dionysian already summed up our game. Not what I expected at all. I expected my blitz to work so I could go up 5-0! No seriously I didn't expect to win by that much and got lucky taking the ball away and then throwing a bomb to the end zone in the rain after failing one of two gfi. I do need to figure out what causes vampires to lose their ability to blitz before it costs me a game.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  18. PaloLV

PaloLV Member

Cyanide Username:
    PaloLV
    Country Flag:
    Opening week of 6D I got a 3-0 win vs the Hopeless Hungry Horde with my rookie orcs (1050 TV going into MD2 with no skills but a brand new apothecary fresh out of school) and now I face rookie chaos (1050 TV with a Str 4 Beastman, wtf that ain't right).

Chaos are 4 CW/7 Beastmen, 2 RR, Apoth
    Orcs are 4 BO, 4 Blitz, 1 thrower, 2 lineman 3 RR, Apoth and no level ups yet

So should I kick or receive? Hug him hard with aggressive marking and force a lot of blocks hoping he burns RR's and starts turning it over regularly?

After this game I get a string of 4 straight games against 1300-1600+ TV teams (Lizard, Orc, Norse, and Necro) so this might be the last game I have much chance of winning for a while.

Right now I'm really regretting not focusing more closely on skilling up a blitzer to have MB coming into this match but I might not have gotten the 3rd TD if I'd done that. 19 SPP in the first match 5 on a blitzer, 4 on thrower, MVP to a BO, 3 on a blitzer, and 2 on a BO. Unless things go awful I should hopefully have a couple guys skill up in this match, maybe even a BO.

19. Everblue

Everblue Active Member

Country Flag:
    My underworld lost again in 6B. 2-1 to BallztotheWalla's undead. A much better game from me though, even if I was never really looking like a win. Had a couple of long shots for scores which would have tied the game but it didn't happen.

My block thrower levelled. Torn between block and claw on a normal.

20. Fallowheart

Fallowheart Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Doesnt he already have block by virtue of being A 'block' thrower?

Im beginning to think i have a shot against you on md3 with this kind of skill progression...