1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyanide BBTactics in the OCC Season 22

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by 20phoenix, Mar 18, 2014.

1. akirilus

akirilus Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    That appears to have been fixed, as I just tried firing Slate II (the new zombie), and got no gold for it - 260K in the treasury before and after firing. I exited without saving for now, but I suspect I need to fire him anyway. And, as suspected, get nothing in return. Ahh, the joys of season 22.

2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    When you fire him and save, you'll have 260 k in treasury before you close the team dossier and 300 k in treasury once you have closed it. Or so it has been as late as last week. Maybe it only works for Undead, since their zombies get converted into skeletons when the game ends.

3. AllyRdr

AllyRdr Member

Country Flag:
    Week 3 and I get another 1-1 draw, this time vs Thyrus' high elves.
    To be honest, I was lucky to get the draw. Played badly, didn't depitch them, my positioning was terrible.

4. PaloLV

PaloLV Member

Cyanide Username:
    PaloLV
    Country Flag:
    Gutspillers lost 2-0 to Lickin Lounge Lizards. Wizard and bribe were mostly worthless because I used the fireball badly and the ref never showed his head the entire match despite fouling 6 or 7 times. The DP merc lino BH a saurus (apo'd to keep him in game), KO'd another (returned at halftime), and killed a block saurus with a T16 foul. Dice were pretty even in my opinion and according to BBM if I read it right. I just got outplayed.

My three main mistakes:
    Only putting 1 tackle zone on a loose ball early in the 1st half instead of 2 like I could have easily.

Used the wizard badly in hindsight.

My MB blitzer only got used 7 times in the game when my plan going in was to blitz with him almost every turn.

5. Barristan

Barristan Member

Country Flag:
    In 3D my Orcs faced the 3rd and last Elven team in the guise of Jounisii's Pros. I kicked after inducing a bribe and he had the ball on the line T3, but probably encouraged by my inability to remove his players elected to hop around my guys, stalling as much as he could. It looked like it was going to work, but on my T6 with pretty much my whole team ensnaring his I went for the 4+ dodge with my AG4 Lino for a 1D on the carrier. :skull: RR :bothdown: against a rookie Catcher and the ball was caught by another of my Linos. There was not much he could do after that even if I had no chance to score. My DP finally managed to MNG a Catcher, burning the bribe.

Half-time 0-0.

I opened with 2 KOs, he replied by a 1D Leap block on my carrier after kicking on the line and got the :pow:. The ball was caught by a Blitzer however, the leaper surfed and then the cage starting moving forward. We exchanged fouls, my killer FINALLY made an injury through PO before being fouled BH himself. A Blorc then killed his DP, he chose to Apo (BH) and obv my next foul on his 45SPP Blitzer killed him as well (my DP was finally ejected at this point after 2 KOs, 1BH, 1 MNG and 1 kill out of maybe 8 fouls). I scored T16 and he had too few players left to attempt the one-turner.

Final score 1-0.

As a final middle finger from Nuffle, one of his rookie Linos levelled-up and could have replaced the DP.

Next week we play the first place Lizards clocking at 1850 TV vs my 2030. He has only 2 Guard but some nice Skinks. I played this team back in tier 5 and won 2-1 but that was lucky IIRC. I could drop a RR to deny the Wizard, then the bash war should be easily winnable with 8 Guard. We'll see.

6. Chubberson

Chubberson Member

Cyanide Username:
    Chubberson
    Country Flag:
    Pit Machine go 2-0-1 facing Tubraggs Imaginary friends next after a 3-0 win over the last laughs. Had a good start, then two blitzs helped things along nicely. Lost a lv 4 blocker though and have a guard blocker mng broken ribs.

7. jounisii

jounisii Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    Boys lost 1-0 to Barristan's Sacrevert! as expected. A costly affair it was. Well, as expected. Next week mr Kazman and a shoot-out for ages.

8. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    I was impressed with your stalling about how you managed to reopen the screen when you looked set to make an early score - but when you get compressed and can't move out it's always getting risky. (I.e. better make them chase your scoreline)

9. Juriel

Juriel Active Member

Country Flag:
    In 6D, my Vamps finally won a match. All it took was facing a silly team (Desalbert's Golem+Zombies-Only team).

Getting that 3-0, and those 70k winnings, was something I badly needed. Now I'm 10k away from replacing that dead Vamp from MD1.

10. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    Won 2-0 against super flea's Khemri team, both defensive TDs in the first half. One was a snakeeyed handoff attempt in his backfield that I got back to cover and steal the ball from, and the other a successful leap and push of his ballcarrier out of his cage, allowing me to knock him down and steal the ball again.

Second half wasn't as good as he was systematically KOing my players (I think I had 7 KOs in the box by the end) and I just didn't have the manpower to push up the field. I did keep him from scoring however. Took a dead wrackle lino on turn 1 that I didn't apo due to having more important players to protect, but I ended up not needing the apo later. Ah well, at least I got the win and no other major injuries (other than my MNG runner). Also inflicted a smashed collarbone on one of his blitzers, which may as well be as good as a death.

I'm sitting at the top of 3A after 3 games. Tied with two others in points but I'm ahead in TD differential. Still have orcs and chaos down the road but Viajero's wood elves next week.

11. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    1-1 against Mohawks Khorne team.

Thanks to last weeks mauling by Barristan I had 1 journeyman and enough inducements to get a Wizard and Babe.

First half I delay till I spot a decent opportunity to Fireball the cage, taking out 3 corners. This allowed a clean 2d hit on his carrier and my +MV Lino to collect the loose ball and get clear. From there it was a simple run in to score turn 7.

Second half I get hemmed in and have to hurl a 5+ pass to a downfield Blitzer. Unfortunately he got brought down, but fortunately Khorne scatter their pass attempt. I have a 2+ pickup, 2+ handoff for 2-0, which means naturally I roll a 1. From there Khorne collect the ball and I can't get at it again so the game ends 1-1.

The good news is I'm at full strength for next weeks clash with Pidpads Underworld.

12. Barristan

Barristan Member

Country Flag:
    Glad the Wiz helped! ;)

13. jounisii

jounisii Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    Thanks Nik, I guess. As I wrote in my OCC blog, I still think that the last stall was the right call. I just forgot the AG4 lino. If I hadn't done that, I would have positioned my blitzer differently (it should have been done in any case). That would basically have closed the blitzing lane and all would most probably have been good. Oh well, happens.

14. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    True that. I gave up a draw for not stalling longer in MD2.

But given his rolls to catch up, he might as well have sacked meand scored a winner if I had tried to stall longer.

15. Squall

Squall Member

Country Flag:
    1-1 Draw for the Tide against a Undead team. Was a little mad with many double 1's and double skullf ro me in the first half. Then the tables turned and even with a wizard and receiving he could manage to win with the 1-0 advantage. Was a complete nuffle reversal haha.

2-1-0 for the season and joint top is a good start for a doubly promoted Nurgle. Some tough tests to come though.

1 dead dp rotter and one niggled (soon to be fired rotter)

16. Fallowheart

Fallowheart Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Looking good Squall.

I slept 15 hours and missed my MD3 match, trying to reschedule today with Everblue. we'll see... 'under the weather' doesn't quite describe it. looking like a sh*t season all around :p

17. Dionysian

Dionysian Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Nurvana notches up the first win for Welsh Pride in T1 this season with a 2-1 victory over TheRealChris's Orcs.

Talisa made a solo break midway through the first half after 3 of Nurvana's warriors were rapidly beaten into unconsciousness. She took it over the line on T6, giving the orcs 3 turns to reply. With all warriors failing to return Nurvana faced a 3 turn defence with 9 men. A High Kick on the halfway line and resulting TB gave Chris prime position so Nurvana were happy enough just forcing him into a T8 double GFI (with reroll). He made the 92.5% equaliser.

2nd half Nurvana start with 10 men, but the entire line (2 rotters and beast) is KO'd. Thankfully the Orc thrower fluffs the first pick up giving Talisa a chance to force her way through the Orc line into a position to take down the thrower next turn and eventually scramble the ball across the line on T12 (again essentially solo with only 4 Nurgles left on the pitch).

Nurvana fail another 4/6 KO rolls (5/14 success for the game) to start the unlikely looking four turn defence with 8 men v 11, but hold off the attack for a glorious victory.

This match gave me a renewed appreciation for a STR 4 BC who can look after herself when the team is heavily outgunned.

18. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    Got a skillup on my other level 3 blitzer and decided to stick with the mold, given I lost a tackle lino. I now have 3 blitzers with blodge/ss/tackle and one with blodge/tackle/guard, in addition to a wrackle witch and my killer st4 witch. Should hopefully be enough for facing Viajero this week. He's only fielding 11 players (two loners) but he has 3(!) agi5 players, including both wardancers. Ugh.

To replace the dead lino I picked up a second runner, putting me at 12 players for this game. My main one is MNG and I need more speed on the team, as well as a way to combat strip ball. I do need another lino but I'll wait until next week as I don't want to give Viajero a wizard.

19. PaloLV

PaloLV Member

Cyanide Username:
    PaloLV
    Country Flag:
    An important game this week as I'm now in tied 2nd place after losing last week and playing the other 2nd place team. It's my 1230 TV Orcs with 3 skills (block BoB, MB Blitzer, block thrower) and 12 players (troll, 4xbob, 4xblitz, thrower, 2 linos) vs 1400 TV Orcs with 11 players (no linos or goblins, all positionals) with 10 skills but no guard though he does have a block troll. He's got two tackle pieces which is wasted against my dodgeless squad so really it's 8 skills vs 3. He's got a block bob, block/MB bob, block troll, MB blitzer, dodge thrower, and block/accurate thrower.

So should I take a wizard? Or bribe + babe?

Kick or receive if I get the choice?

20. dubbs

dubbs Member

Cyanide Username:
    dubbs
    Country Flag:
    Wizard, IMO. Use it to steal and go for a defensive TD.

Since you have the wizard, I'd kick.