1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyanide BBTactics in the OCC Season 22

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by 20phoenix, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Got 3 blitzes as well, and it was an opponent who was a lot more interested in killing my team than protecting the ball.

One steal from the wizard, one chance to receive, two from blitzes, one when he left the ball carrier next to my tree and got two bone head fails in a row to knock the tree over.

But it is 70% to strip the ball even with two dice against if the ballcarrier does not have block or sure hands.

My agi 5 sure hands thrower had a good game getting around to steal the ball when it was on the ground.

Made a mistake on one of the blitzes, had not realised I had another turn afterwards or could have maybe got 7 :D, as it was fluffed the pickup, but it was a longshot as I did not move many players down the field.

I just love stealing the ball, and wood elves are rather good at it :D.

2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    You'll probably get a bunch of admin games afterwards - so a bunch of MVP:s and TD:s randomly on your team (and loads of winnings)

3. Juriel

Juriel Active Member

Country Flag:
    St Cloud, that is beyond weird.

4. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    Yeah very weird. It also means that i've got a bit of a mixed record now 3-0-2.

Today one of my horses got the ball on a handoff and did a three 5+ dodge move to score the winner on T16 though... :D (not that he gets any spp for it mind)

5. AllyRdr

AllyRdr Member

Country Flag:
    Week 5 and I get a 1 nil win vs WanderingIgor's chaos. Nothing fancy or spectacular, but after last weeks draw when I could have won the game with a bit more concentration it's nice to get it in the bag.

Record so far is now 2/3/0

6. akirilus

akirilus Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I beat the local Khemri passing team 2-0 in MD5. I could write a game report about it, but here are the salient points:

Super Star Wolf : MNG
    Level 3 wight (Blodge/Tackle) : Serious Concussion (AV-)
    fodder zombie : MNG
    ghoul (who just hit level 2) : Dead

those were the 4 injuries the Khemri inflicted. The dead ghoul was on a turn 15 PO onto a KO, in a fairly meaningless situation from a positional point of view. That ghoul had FINALLY gotten to 6 SPP, so I can have a Sure Hands player. No, I can't. My super star wolf got KOed on turn 1, failed TWO KO wakeups at +2 (I had 2 babes), then got immediately MNGed on the first hit he took in the middle of the second half. WHY DO I EVEN HAVE HIM? He can't not get armor broken, and now I won't have him at all for my next game.

Whomever my next opponent is - enjoy the free win. i'll be missing THREE fast players, and both fast Tacklers. Also, I am not sure what to do about the AV- wight. He is Blodge/Tackle, but an AV7 wight is a liability. Then again, I only have 3 positional players who are not rookies, and he is one of them.

Just retarded, really. Nothing to do but keep going.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  7. Everblue

Everblue Active Member

Country Flag:
    I finally won a game in 6B - 2-1 vs some necro. Nothing important failed all game, which was nice, and 3 players levelled.

8. PaloLV

PaloLV Member

Cyanide Username:
    PaloLV
    Country Flag:
    Took my 1270 Orcs up against the 4-0-0 division leading 1740 Norse and grinded out a 2-1 win. Spent the 470k inducements on Scrappa Sorehead, wizard, bribe, and a babe. Norse won toss and chose to receive. They KO'd my troll T1. My T1 I pushed an ulfwere into their cage and then at the start of the Norse T2 I fireballed the 6 Norse getting a BH and KO but not getting the +1 agi, fend, blodge, surehands runner. I ignored the ball and beat the hell out of the Norse fouling every turn with Scrappa and his DP skill. T2 KO'd the Yhetee, T3 BH his POMB guard zerker, T4 KO'd another norse. The Norse chose to score on T5 to reset the pitch and try to get his KO's back. The Yhetee never returned to the game and his guard/wrestle ulfwere stayed out, too. I made a neat play to score on T8 and then with 7 Norse vs a full Orc squad including 2 reserves I ground down the Norse scoring on T16 with just 3 Norse left on the pitch I think. 6 CAS and 7 KO's scored vs the Norse though only one permanent on a Lino that he's got money to replace. I did crowd surf and -1 AV his +1 agi, surehands, blodge, fend runner but the stupid Apo ran right out into the angry crowd and fixed it right up. That runner hit superstar (only superstar in the division) in the match so he'll have a new skill to annoy the rest of the division unfortunately. Scrappa got in 7 fouls before being sent off scoring 2 KO's, a CAS, and 3 stuns. He also provided a key assist for the T8 crowd surf on the star runner that freed up my ball carrier to do two 3+ dodges for the score.

Still in 2nd place at 3-1-1 2 points behind the 4-0-1 Norse. Up next is a fellow 2nd place team in 1600ish TV Necro so I'll be getting about 250k inducements for this as I gained 3 levels vs the Norse I think. A wizard and bribe seems like a good plan.

9. Jbecks

Jbecks Member

Cyanide Username:
    jbecks
    Country Flag:
    My ogres beat the orcs 3-0 and gave them a good kicking,causing a death and 4 or 5 cas. I gained two level ups on an ogre and snotling. Nuffle rewarded my victory with two doubles :D so I now have a block ogre and dirty player on the snotling.

10. Remthar

Remthar Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Sweet JB, beat up them Orcs!

11. Barristan

Barristan Member

Country Flag:
    2-0 vs Doomy's depleted Undead team. Not much to say, the level of the teams were too different. Got 6 casualties, only two MNG sticking. I tried to damage Luthor but he wouldn't have it.

Next week Khorne - if I can get rid of the BT early I should be fine.

12. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Gave up six TD to 2of1s lizards, lost a superstar wight.

Felt dejected at yet another kill, but now it's more like "eh, I wasn't doing very well with a killer anyway"

13. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Oh wow :eek:

14. Juriel

Juriel Active Member

Country Flag:
    My newbie Vamps met another +500k TV team, Lizards this time, took another loss, Loner got the MVP. SHOCKING SURPRISE

15. PaloLV

PaloLV Member

Cyanide Username:
    PaloLV
    Country Flag:
    You did a lot better than I did when I took on those lizards. Also, you mentioned in the podcast there's two other rookie teams with you in 6D but there's three others; your Vamps, my Orcs, the dark elves, and Chaos. Of course we don't meet till MD9 so we should both be well on the way to developed. You might have 5 vamps by then and my TV might be near 1600 if I buy another thrower and goblin.

I am getting like 290k inducements this week and have gotten 470 and 600 in other games this season but after this week I'll almost certainly be giving up inducements in my last three matches vs dark elves, underworld, and your vamps.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  16. Moncap

Moncap Member

Country Flag:
    MD5 against Bantha’s Vampires.

Bantha receives, and manages to stall a little, scoring after 4 turns, killing a rookie Wight on the way.

I use the Strength 4 Ghoul to carry the ball again, and try to guard him, but after lots of moving players around and gazing, Bantha gets a 2d block against him, and takes him down. Thankfully he doesn’t have anyone available to try and pick the ball up. The agile Wolf scoops it up from a tackle zone and moves back and to the left. I try to mark up and screen, but Bantha skilfully forges a path through, but a bloodlust and failed go for it, reroll, failed, means his blitz ends in him leaving the pitch before he get the block in.

This leaves a big gap, and a good opportunity to score, which I don’t take advantage of. Like an idiot, I block a Golem before moving the Wolf, and my third double skulls of the half means I’m 1-0 down going into half time.

The second half starts with me knocking out a thrall before failing a pick up with the St 4 Ghoul. I don’t reroll as I only have 2, and it’s out of range of the Vamps. On my next turn I don’t risk picking up with the Ghoul as there are Vampires lurking in range now, but use the agile Wolf, and move to the left, reasonably out of range, I though. I am just starting to edge a numbers advantage at this point as I knock out a Vampire.

My reasonably out of range, was again not out of range enough, but the Vampire only manages a push/both down. I dodge away from the tackling vamp, eating a reroll, and try to cover him again, increasing my numbers advantage on the way. Bantha is down to 6 players by this point.

The first thing he tries is two dodges to get a blitz in, the first through a tackle zone, and fails on the first dodge. I pretty much have control of the pitch now as I knock out another vamp.

I spend a few minutes deciding whether to stall or not. Bantha is a top coach, and a draw would be a pretty good result, and keep me at the top of 2B, with a 4-1-0 record. Or I could let him receive and go for broke. He had 6 players knocked out, two injured and I had a wizard.

After mulling it over some more, I decide to go for it.

Two Vamps (bringing him back up to 5) and two thralls wake up, giving him 9 players on the pitch.

The throwing Vampire goes to pick up the ball and lusts. Pro fails - forcing him to move with in wolf range to bite a thrall, who gets knocked out. Two Vampires move up to potentially receive catches, each accompanied by a thrall, and two others hit things, one injuring the other Wight. An Ag+, dodge, wrestle thrall moves back next to the throwing Vamp.

The Lightning bolt stuns the ball carrier and the ball is dropped towards Bantha’s end zone. I mark up, and the Mighty Blow, Tackle wolf knocks down a vampire on his way to marking the safety thrall. The agile Wolf makes 2 go for it’s and picks up the ball and the ghoul makes another 2 to double mark the safety thrall.

Some vampires dodge around and hypno gaze zombies to free up the killer, jump up Vampire who makes two go for its, eating a reroll, to mark the agile Wolf. This leaves the safety thrall with a 3+ dodge without reroll to get a hit on the ball carrier, which he fails.

I knock down the killer vamp and move the ball carrying Wolf to the sideline, out of blitzing range. The killer, jump up Vampire can mark him if he avoids his marker. I could have avoided this by being clever, but I wasn’t. If he succeeds in marking him I would have a 1 in 9 chance of failing to score a touch down on turn 16. But it doesn’t come to that. The Vampire rolls another double one on the first go for it, allowing me to take a 2-1 lead without risk.

I set up with the two Golems on the LOS to make any one turning shenanigans trickier. A decision I almost regretted. One got knocked down and got a smashed collar bone, regen worked, the other was fouled – dead, regen worked!

At which point I got wine. A fun, intense match - which could have gone either way.

17. Squall

Squall Member

Country Flag:
    Wow a 1-0 win takes me to 5-1-0 and now having 6th, 8th and 10th places to play. A Nurgle warrior cas on 14/16 gets a needed level (more guard woohoo) and a rotter pass for likely more DP :D

18. AllyRdr

AllyRdr Member

Country Flag:
    Day 6

3 Nil victory for the Short Red Line. Two casualties in the first turn allowed me an early advantage in numbers from which I never looked back. In addition, my opponents dice seemed shockingly bad at all the worst times.

At least 3 level ups out of this, including 2 lino's, so I can start building my guard wall now.

In addition, I'm having one of my best ever seasons in the OCC, winning 3, drawing 3 so far. Small potatoes to some, but I tend to lose more often than not in previous seasons

19. Juriel

Juriel Active Member

Country Flag:
    In 6D, a 2-2 draw against Underworld.

And even that required me getting lucky twice (first getting a blitz on kick-off, then a scattered pass bouncing onto the intended receiver).

Two vamps hit lv3, no perma-damage, good earnings, need more of these. Except for a Loner stealing the MVP once again.

20. Everblue

Everblue Active Member

Country Flag:
    In 6B - took 8 casualties and a sending off against Srsface including 3 cas in consecutive blocks on turn 9. CPOMB did nothing, despite several hits against his niggled rookie saurus.

Lost 3-1

SADFACE MORE LIKE