1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyanide BBTactics in the OCC Season 29

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Jav, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    We have to get this going guys! If nobody has a list of teams I'll try to get something started at some point. It's already MD2 and almost MD3!!!

Here's the list of BBT OCC coaches that I know of so far:

Championship
    Violence and Villainy - BJJ Hero (Coachman) - Wood Elf
    Rotten Circus - Bebeto - Nurgle
    Pseudomonarchia Daemonum - Mikko - Necro

Tier 1A
    Roaring 20's - Tentaakkeli - Wood Elves

Tier 1B
    Don't Panic - Tys123 - Elf
    Azrael Cruel Princes - Sovereignstrike - High Elf
    Fuel My Fire - Everblue - Chaos

Div 2A
    Romances With Wolves - Akirilus - Necro
    Cheese Puns Forever - Kazman - Skaven

Div 2B
    Kingdom of Nurvana - Dionysian - Nurgle
    The Judge Mentals - Borke - Underworld

Div 2C
    Disciples of Innoruuk - Notafunhater - Dark Elf
    K9ers - Netsmurf - Necro

Div 2D
    Boys in Spandex - Jounisii - Pro Elf

Div 3A
    Cracktown Cretins - Greymurphy42 - Underworld

Div 3B

Div 3C
    Repeated Offenders - Dreamy - Undead
    Warpstone Connection - Nithon - Skaven

Div 3D
    Cuddlebears United - Magfa - Chaos Dwarf
    Of Mice and Mayhem - Glokta - Skaven

Div 4A
    Moncap - Rankonian Stunt Elves - Wood Elf (Promoted from 6B)
    Dakamancers V.III - Dakaman - Necromantic

Div 4B
    Rat Taqueria - Javelin - Skaven (Promoted from 6B)
    Remthar - Lesser Naggaroth Villains - Dark Elf -

Div 4C
    Y Ddriag Goch! - Hawca - Lizardman

Div 4D
    Band o the White Hand - Chubberson - Human
    Welf or Get It - Jrpeart - Wood Elf

Div 5C

Div 5D

Div 6A
    crimsonsun - Haemophages OCC - Vampire -
    The Naggaroth Renegades - JBecks - Dark Elf

Div 6B

Div 6C
    Barristan the Bold - A Dance of Dragons - Chaos
    The Hammerville Horrors - Doomy - Vampire

Div 6D

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  2. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    Disciples split their first two games in 2C and, more importantly, haven't lost any players to injury. MD3 we face Fantus' crazy Skaven and it's a grim outlook. I'm not really even sure how to address this game.

At least we're back up to full strength as far as positionals go. Silver lining!

3. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    Yay, good job Jav. I was starting to think I'd have to set this up just so I could brag.

I currently have a net scoreline after 2 matches of 14-2 in my favour in division 4D.

MD1 was a Wood Elf mirror match where I failed a grand total of 3 rolls (turn 2 leap, turn 17 GFI, a Take Root some turn I scored). That allowed me to win 8-1 due to my opponent having no way to keep the ball safe from my Strip Ball WDs or AG5 Catcher.

MD2 was against a Skaven team with a RO, no Thrower and an induced Headsplitter. Again having no defense against my WDs let me keep stealing and scoring to take a 6-1 win.

I'm seriously worried what will happen when Nuffle decides to turn on this team.

4. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    Haha. I've been watching you. I won my first match in 4B with Rat Taqueria 4-0, and I was feeling pretty good about myself until I saw your score! I played a much higher TV Amazon squad that had some bad luck.

MD2 I faced a Khemri team that was over 500 TV above my rats. They had plenty of MB and tackle, but my induced rat ogre seemed to take the majority of the blitzes and made it through okay. This match was a 3-0 victory for the Tacos!

So I'm 2-0 with 7 total touchdowns for and none against. Both of my opponents had some bad luck, so I'm also waiting for the nuffle hammer to come down!

5. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    Oh, and both my level 2 SV rolled double 6's. So they are now both STR4. I assume I'm going to miss the MB for a bit, and claw might have been just as good and more efficient, but if I can keep them alive for a bit they could become a pretty fearsome tandem.

6. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    I updated the first post with some information about BBT coaches in the OCC. The last time we had a list was season 26, so I just took that list and looked for the coach names in this season's tier announcement. So there may be errors and there are definitely omissions. If you let me know I will update the list as needed.

Thanks!

7. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Nice work Jav

8. notafunhater

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    What!? Haha. And I thought my MD3 opponent in 2C was the recipient of Nuffle's favor. Fantus' skaven have two natural one turners and no injuries to speak of on the team, with a 10-1 aggregate after two MDs. 4-1 and 6-0 victories so far. I'm not looking forward to this with only 11 players. I can't buy a 12th because I'll give him a Wizard if I do.

9. notafunhater

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    Jav, you may be short on MB for a bit, but once those two get rolling they are going to be brutal. ST4 blitzers are so good. I had two ST4 witches for a while until one took a smashed collarbone last season. My superstar is still around but she's -AV with a niggle, so she's living on borrowed time. I'll miss her once she's gone. Just trying to get Legend before she dies (13spp to go).

10. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    I actually thought of your two Witches when I rolled my second double 6's :) My problem is I'm not used to this much nuffles favor and I have to constantly keep myself from moving over a player to provide an assist for my blitzes!

11. LloydsGamble

LloydsGamble Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    LloydsGamble
    Country Flag:
    Eww, how do you deal with that? Can you even hope for a draw?

I have to say 1-turn GR's are probably my most hated thing in the game. There is no counter but hope they fail basically. (Assuming he keeps the player safe on the sidelines or behind a screen at all time)

12. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Yeah I mean that's true but if you set up properly and provided the little shit doesn't have two heads or something you can reduce their chance to 60% ish - so hopefully they won't score twice at least.

13. notafunhater

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    Pretty much you receive first and try to kill them. That's how you deal with it.

14. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Or kick first and try to kill them. Gives you 16 turns to succeed, and reduces the risk that they'll be able to hide a oneturner on the sidelines for all of your eight turn grind.

15. notafunhater

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    True. I generally kick first anyway, so I'll be hoping I win the toss. If he scores in 2 turns and lets me grind him for 14 I'll be happy with that.

16. LloydsGamble

LloydsGamble Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    LloydsGamble
    Country Flag:
    Presumably he'd keep at least one or not both on the bench though no? Even if he plays both, you need the luck of the draw to get injuries on them and he'll likely save his apoth for them too.

Tough game to deal with for sure.

17. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    A one turner that's left on the sidelines has a much larger chance of being around to do his thing if his team is on defense first. It's pretty rare that he can sit on the sidelines until turn 16, but he'll most likely be there for turn 8.

18. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    I started this season with three wrestle/fend zombies. Now I have zero.

I sacked the first as bloat vs the dark elves (he had tackle as well), then got one killed and one concussed by the dwarves, and neither bothered to regen.

Other than that the season's started nicely. While Pylon has a MV8 AG4 ghoul with Sure Hands, my team splits the stats and skill over two ghouls.

First game was against dark elves, he couldn't hold me back and I scored in turn 8 with just a few dice. He scored quickly (could have stalled some) but it was good for him since I got split up and had to score fairly quickly in return, allowing him a close shot at equalizing, but his AG5 leap blitzer KO:d himself on snake eyes turn 15 and I managed to stun both the witches that could reach the endzone (the last one with a desperation foul) and that was it.

Against Claw-less but dodge and tackle heavy chaos I managed to mess with his drive fairly well with a couple of sacks of the ballcarrier but he ultimately managed to pass for the score. But he left me with three turns to score, which just about allowed me to somehow manage to build a cage on his side and then break out of it to score. In the second half I have to do some jinking, but in the end the wizard I paid good cash for and then carried the whole game is used just as an afterthought to make a safe position to score even safer.

Third game was against Low-TV dwarves, inducing Zara and a babe. They started by rolling me over nicely, killing a fend zombie, BH a ghoul on a stab, and a couple of KO:s, but in the end they wait a while too long to get moving into my half, meaning they split up to get moving. I then manage to take hold of his screen with my mummies, and he skulls out trying to punch them away, allowing me to sack the ballcarrier to stop his drive.
    My return drive we mostly stand and stare at each others for a while, sniping a little. I then get moving, but leave an unintentional opening allowing his tackle stripball runner a go at the ballcarrier. A push is netted, the ball is out, but gets thrown into the middle. Some (okay, lots) of crazy dodging later with a pass somewhere in there and the ball is in another carriers hand on the other side of the pitch. He swamps the carrier nicely, but nothing that can't be blitzed free from to run it in with three turns for the equalizer.
    Only a riot makes it two turns, and out of two possible receivers I manage to take down one, leaving only Zarah, who skulls and loners when she's supposed to blitz free.

First time the team's gotten three wins in a row since season 24 (which was the one that last propelled us up to the then-championship level of tier 1). It's a nice change of pace. :D

19. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    MD3 sees a team slow down my scoring spree by the simple cheat of being Chaos with 2 Sure Hands players.

I barely stopped them scoring in the first half, scored in 3 turns despite a blitz event, then kicked deep and swarmed the backfield to claim the ball and score again.

20. coachman

coachman Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:

1turners are a pain. Id kick first, force a quick score. and drag my feet trying to cause as much damage as possible
    If he has a bench it will force him to field them for the rest of the game. This way you have 16 turns before his 1ttd attempt really matters. Thats a lot of time to smash players.

Having said that, 1TTDs are fairly easy with elves and rats. Even without ma increase.

My first game against Larkstars necro in the championship. Id played him md9 and we were promoted together 1st and 2nd. Md9 he killed my 2nd best catcher. Md1 be killed my ma10/block/sure feet catcher on a block from an unskilled zombie. Catchers are just tv bloat anyway... im up 1-0 on turn 15. H3 makes a break in desperation for the endzone. I blitz him with 2 dice for pushes allowing him a lucky equaliser last turn. 1-1 draw but costly.

Md2 I played Gcars elves. His team is more mobile with a field of skilled catchers, agi5 etc. I have none of that but I have tackle (he doesnt) mb and dp so its time to rough him up. Except Im sent off on my first 2 gang fouls for no gain and only cause 2 casualties all match. He gets pows whenever he needs them.

MD3 was Bebetos nurgle who demolished my team the last 2 meetings. This time a really scrappy game with lots of turn overs from basics like pick ups, dodges, 2 and 3 dice blocks on both sides. Thankfully we manage a scrappy late score from back to back turnovers to pull ahead 2-1 in what looked like would be a draw.

1-1-1. Thankfully no one has more than 2 wins yet so despite getting maimed early VnV are still in contention.