1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyanide BBTactics in the OCC Season 29

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Jav, Oct 12, 2015.

1. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    Game against Fantus went through yesterday. I kicked in the pouring rain and shut down his quick score attempt - he made a run for it down the sideline turn 2, but not out of range of my ST4 leaping Witch, who KOd the Gunner. As it was rain, we both spent the rest of the half putting as many TZs on the ball as we could. It mostly worked -- I did have a shot at a score t8 but the same witch failed the second GFI into the end zone. Bleh.

Second half I did a slow grind, hoping to score t16. Unfortunately I couldn't really clear anybody off the pitch other than a single BH on one of the one turners. A poor job of protecting my carrier t12 resulted in a cage dive by the dauntless strip baller that succeeded in taking down my ballcarrier, and he recovered with the other one turner. I couldn't quite get the dice I needed to take him down after 4 frenzy blocks on him and he scored t15 to go up 1-0. My 1ttd attempt to equalize failed on the first block.

So my game plan worked out overall, but an inability to remove pieces from the pitch (I had horrible cas results!) and poor positioning on a couple specific turns in the second half doomed me. He managed to get the dice he needed at just the right time to ice it.

2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    I also saw you not move up a proper scoring threat in your turn 7, and in the second half you spent plenty of rerolls trying to handover despite the rain. Too bad, since what with the stopped score in the first half you were looking good.

3. notafunhater

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    I only used one reroll to try to hand to my runner. After that I decided to leave it on the agi5 Blitzer since he was threatening the cage. The other two were spent on snake eyed blocks I believe? At least one was anyway. Ah well, so close to having that one in the bag. The rain certainly made things problematic.

4. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    The Rat Taqueria attempted to play Meebee's replacement Khorne squad last night, but apparently his prepaid internet hit the data max and disconnected him during our match right after I went up 2-1 on turn 7. It's too bad, as I had fed a TD to a rookie GR, leveled a linerat, and had already caused 3 casualties (1 regened). I liked my chances being up players in the 2nd half, but you never know with Skaven. There's always that turn with three permanents just waiting around the corner...

We're going to try again tonight, hopefully things progress as well through the first half, though it seems like replays always kick your butt if you were doing well in the first one.

5. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    Second attempt was successful. The Rat Taqueria defeated Meebee's Khorne squad 4-1. That brings me to 3-0, and I've scored 11 touchdowns and only given up 1.

Unfortunately my kicker and one of my stormvermin will miss the next match.

6. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    MD4 Mewash's vampire squad took apart my injured team. I induced a storm vermin and a thrower (not enough gold left for a linerat with kick, so I figured the two built in rerolls made sense), a wizard, and an apoth.

But lots of loner and STR2 made it really difficult to do anything with the vampires. The game was close in execution, but a few balls going the wrong way for me left the final score 3-1. At least I have my full team back for the next match day and nobody was injured. And I did kill a +STR thrall, because the vamps don't need that extra strength!

7. coachman

coachman Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    Played Gusyas khorne team for 3 dead and 2 MNG out of 9 injuries. He left the tree on the field at least. Lost 2 nil and I think that will be ending my championship run.

He didnt get a single KO.

8. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    Ugh coachman, sounds brutal!

9. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    It looked brutal as well, but at least you've played lonerball before and there's plenty of season left. Up and at em.

10. notafunhater

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    Ouchie. Sounds like a regular game from him. I've been on the receiving end of a couple of those as well.

11. coachman

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    Khorne seem to be designed to kill elves. Jugger and frenzy cancels all of your degensive skills and youre just left with expensive unarmoured players.

Not a well thought out race by cyanide.

12. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    You mean that Chaos Dwarves were well thought out? :p

13. notafunhater

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    MD4 the Disciples went up against BubbaDave's Chorfs. It went roughly as expected. Despite bringing 2 Apothecaries into the game, by turn 6 I had two MNG, a dead blitzer, and a -AGI on one of my two agi5 Blitzers. I was able to replace one of them but I'm 30k short of my other. So I take 3 loners into MD5, a mirror match against Hombarus' Darkies. And I'm still at 1700 TV. Bleh.

14. Jakerbeef

Jakerbeef Member

Country Flag:
    Every time I've played Gusya I've thrown the kitchen sink at him for sod-all return. Fouls, claws, MB, P-On, the works.
    I'm not the bashiest coach in the occ, but I've taken down some 'ard buggers. His players just seem bullet-proof.

And he killed Ted, so in honour of yourself and Nightall, I must destroy his team, this time.

15. coachman

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    Ive perminently marked a player each meeting, im quite full contact for an elf squad but he killed a quarter of my team this time. Cleared the pitch of all but the tree.

16. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    You say that like killing elves is a bad thing.

17. Jakerbeef

Jakerbeef Member

Country Flag:
    Yep. I tend to choose Kick on the coin toss when playing Elves or particularly Skaven, who are less protected from attrition and with any luck you can get at their juan turner by t16.

Where do you all stand on Kicking to Elves/Skaven/Juan-Turners when they have a Wizard? In that situation I prefer to Receive and back my screen/loose-pocket. Going 0-1 and facing a wizard on turn 2/3 is no way to start a game!

18. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    I disagree that skaven are less protected from attrition. In my experience skaven tend to have much deeper benches than elves and are also better able to hurt players back thus helping to keep a parity of manpower on the pitch which always reduces cas. Woodies and Pros seem much more likely to end up short handed in Skaven. In 10 BC seasons I rarely started a half down in players.

The wizard issue is tricky but something to think about is that if you start receiving the skaven/elf is more likely to have a full team and half in which to find an opportunity to use his wiz and what's more, if its not on he doesn;t have to take it, he can score quick in the second and then hope to get a defensive td on the third drive. Having 4-5 turns to score against a wiz defense is also not a great way to end a game.

On the other hand if you kick and defend well there's a chance you can put enough pressure on to make them use their wiz on offense thus giving you the chance at a relatively stress free 2-1 grind.

19. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    On the other hand, if they do blow the wizard early you do have time to recover. Either if they fail to capitalise, or if they score quickly but fail the oneturner.

20. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    That's true, if they use the wiz turn 3 or so and it doesn't work that's great obviously, or if they score you can score back and put pressure on them and hopefully get a defensive td second half.

But personally if I have the wiz I always want to kick first.