1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyanide BBTactics in the OCC Season 30+

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Jav, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Ridonculous 1D dodging and almost as good 1D blocking mean my Undead somehow take home a win against Stahlburgs Rotting Rotters despite getting pounded into the dirt a lot.

So after winning two games, then losing two games, I've now won two more games - and heading into a game with LoopH0LE with my best wight MNG. Looks like it might be time to lose two games again. :p

(The other Wight died a while ago. His replacement skilled up, then died.)

2. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    It's been quiet for my Disciples this week. We had some scheduling issues and due to lack of response from my opponent I was given a 2-0 admin victory. This puts us at 2-2-1 after 5 games, good enough for 6th place, but I'm only 4 points out of first, and one point behind #s 3-5 who are tied at 9. My remaining 4 matches are against the teams ranked #1-4 currently, and my only loss against #5. Seems we'll have a murderers row to finish up the season!

I tried to look at the team to figure out where the 16spp fell but couldn't really figure it out apart from Shanez apparently winning an MVP and putting her at 174spp. She could get Legend this week if we're fortunate. She may be skink hunting. Tsanne received a TD, getting him up to 67. And we now have 390k in the bank, so if we take any losses we'll be able to replace them. Yay!

Up this week is srsface's Snubbleriet, a Lizard team we've faced more than once I believe. He has a Saurus and rookie Skink MNG, leaving him with exactly 11 players and a gap of 390 TV with a skill pending. This is a match that I should have the upper hand in, but you never really know. I'll expect a wizard at least, and when he fields 5 skinks the entire match you never know what could happen. Slibli is 250 so he won't have quite enough for both the star and a wizard. It's possible he may try to take a loner Saurus and loner skink with the Wizard instead, but he wouldn't have anything else to get if that's the case. I suppose we'll see.

3. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    I'm a bit disappointed with your opponent. A two week long matchday and he fails to play.

At least I'm four points ahead of you right now, what with my win. Good luck (or break a leg)

Slibli and a loner saurus would seem valid for your opponent?

4. notafunhater

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    That would work, but means no Wizard. Not sure how critical that is for Lizards. At least it would up his muscle quotient.

Truth be told, I prefer seeing Lizards with 6 Saurii + Krox + Slibli - that means I only have 3 skinks to deal with and once they are gone the Lizards are impotent. My Darkies are far more mobile than the Saurii, even with break tackle.

5. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    On the other hand, if you can so easily bust up three skinks when protected by eight musclebound oafs, you should have it equally easy to bust up the last two if he suddenly needs to use them as screen instead of av AV9 git..

6. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Yeah I agree with Nik, 3 cas or KO in a half on players he's trying to protect - if you're rocking those kind of numbers, most games should be easy

7. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    I really mucked up MD6. First I got a work call during inducements. I thought I had bought a linerat, but I guess I didn't click the right button. I focussed on the call for a few seconds and the next thing you know the clock had ran down. I got a apo and one loner linerat (only had 11 players as 3 linerats were sitting this one out with a MNG) for 300K in inducements. Ugh!

By turn 3 my STR4 MB StormVermin Carne Asada was dead (extra apo failed) and the loner linerat was dead. Ended the game with a 2-1 loss to ZeZeeg's Chaos squad.

Hopefully I get my head in the game better next week...

8. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    Oh, and because nuffle was in a mood the loner linerat that lasted 1.5 full turns and only stood up for his one action got the MVP. Thanks nuff.

9. Silfuin

Silfuin Member

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    Perfect match against Synonimouse and his high elves.

The game started as a 2-1 grind.
    Well defended by Synonimouse, but he could not completely cover the field due to casualties on turn 8 and was outmanoeuvered by my AG4 piece, although I had to complete a handoff, which I bravely (or stupidly, depends on the point of view) decided to transform into a quick pass to get a skill on Karandash, my thrower.
    The pass was completed and the TD scored, even if later events made the pass futile as karandash scored a TD himself.

In the second half my armour dice were on fire and the elves were completely depitched on turn 14.

[​IMG]

Since there was only one KO and all the others were injured or ejected I decided to score on turn 14 to see what would happen.
    I don't know if it's according to the rules, but it happened that the game automatically ended, granting me another TD because the opponent didn't have enough men to field.

End of the story: 3-1 for me with plenty of SPPs, Karandash and Cha U Kao will get a skill, whereas Bata is 6 points from superstar.

Now the skill choice:

Karandash: I'd say KOR, with maybe dodge on doubles

Cha U Kao: Still missing Piling On, but am inclined to give it to Grock due to JU so giving it to Cha U Kao would be redundant. Does it make sense?

In prospect what would you give to Bata (AG4, MB, Tackle, Guard)? Juggernaut? Frenzy? what about doubles?

10. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    That's exactly according to the rules. Had he gotten his one KO back, he'd have gotten to set that one up instead.
    Also, had it been earlier than turn 14, the game would only have advanced two turns, then he'd have gotten another KO recovery roll (and if that too would have failed, you'd have gotten another free TD)

11. notafunhater

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    2C matchup saw my Disciples against Srsface's Snubbleriet. We managed manhandle him all over the pitch from the get-go, getting a blitz! result on the opening kickoff which allowed us to cage under it before he even got his first turn. we didn't look back from there, earning a 3-0 win.

This puts us up to a promo spot in third with 3 games left against the other top 3 in the division.

12. PaloLV

PaloLV Member

Cyanide Username:
    PaloLV
    Country Flag:
    Maybe we'll see each other again in T1 next season though I still have time to screw up my season and fail to promote.

13. Silfuin

Silfuin Member

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    @Nikolai: For spps does the td get attributed to one of the players or no?

14. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    I think so, but it's rare enough that I don't remember. (And I don't remember what the TT rules say either)

15. notafunhater

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    From LBR6 on page 11 here: http://www.thenaf.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/CRP1.pdf

"In the rare event that one team has no players to set up after KO'd rolls, both teams' turn markers are moved forward along the turn track two spaces and if one team could field at least one player then that team is awarded a touchdown (however no player receives Star Player points for this).

I'm not sure if Cyanide handles it like this or if it just assigns a TD randomly.

16. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    MD7 in3C Rat Taqueria faced off against Lord Thorlacius's Underworld squad. We were at the same TV after I replaced my dead Storm Vermin, so neither of us got inducements.

I chose to kick, and spent much of the half trying to stop the underworld scum from scoring while trying to stay away from Lord's killer skaven blitzer! I succeeded in the latter but not the former, as Lord scored on turn 7. I was able to equalize as I still had all four gutters and my thrower available on the next two turns.

I was able to go up 2-1 in the second half after a thrown rock knocked out Lord Thorlacius's rookie Warpstone Troll. A rookie WT isn't nearly as good as a developed one, but his absence did let me basically swing back and forth across the pitch as needed for a few turns before scoring.

I was able to hold him off for the next four turns and came away with a 2-1 victory. A failed dodge into a tacklezone sealed his fate, and also yielded only the second casualty of the match. Both of them were on Lord Thorlacius on failed dodges, and neither were lasting so it was a pretty gentle match!

17. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Lost (well, drew) against LoopH0LE through doing needless rolling when I had (through mostly luck and some skill) managed to get in position to just walk it in, but deciding to hand over to another ghoul instead and thus losing control of the ball badly - again)

Then game against Endalos' woodies, where I managed one injury all game, turn 14 or 15, and a couple KO:s, almost all of which came back right away. And his treeman got up every try in the first half, but then he went down every turn as well. He easily (reasonably so) scored in T8 first half, failed (and didn't reroll) a dodge while defending in the second half, allowing me to run it in turn 12 or 13. Then two fumbles passes in a row (T14 and Turn 15) left me with the long shot of 4 GFI, 4+ pass and 3+ catch to score - but it worked, and my zombie managed to get taken down to void his oneturner, so win.

Leaving me at an unassailable third place and an ensured promotion back to T1. (Too bad there's a new tier above that one now ;))

18. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    The Rat Taqueria finished 5-0-4 in 3C. That should put me at 4th or 5th depending on the tie breakers. I have no idea if that's in bonus promotion territory or not. I'm also not sure if I want it :) I still need tackle and guard somewhere!

19. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Beat notafunhater (well, he beat himself, I was just there to pick up the pieces ;)) to go 6-1-2 and sneak a division win in 2C on TD diff tiebreaker. Going up to 1B together with notafun, so he can get a rematch. (Probably after he's screwed his head back on)

20. notafunhater

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    Still kicking myself over that one turner. If I'd blitzed the non-fend piece I think it would have scored. Ah well, at least I get a rematch next season! Should be fun enough to do. Only lost to undead teams this season :(