1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyanide BBTactics in the OCC Season 30+

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Jav, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    You started S31 with a (harsh) loss to an Undead team as well. And a rematch against Robbo later on (for both of us).

-

Any volunteers to start a S31 OCC thread, or should we just keep going with this one?

2. AllyRdr

AllyRdr Member

Country Flag:
    MD1, I return with a victory in my first ever league game with woodies, though it was costly with a dead WD, 2 dead lino's and another lino MNG. Be a while before I can start buying the re-rolls then...

3. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Second game for me was against Necro. I shut him down on his drive but couldn't score myself, then a couple of double skulls with mummies put me in some disarray and later on I left a corner open where his wrackler could single-die pow my carrier. I did get the ball back, but only through strip ball so while the 4+ pickup with sure hands worked the 3+ dodge with dodge to safety didn't, and after that it was the best I could do to keep the 0-0 draw.

4. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    The Rat Taqueria started their first foray into Division 2C with a couple of victories. MD1 we defeated Tribble's Goblin team 2-1. MD2 we defeated Khuno Tridentis's Pro Elf team 3-0.

I've had an advantageous start. Getting goblins plus inducements in week 1 worked out well, and MD2 I faced Khuno's team with only six healthy elves. Now its time for all the killer teams!

5. AllyRdr

AllyRdr Member

Country Flag:
    Following a MD2 loss where nothing went right, MD 3 rolls around and a TD in each half sees me win 2-0 against humans.

6. Chubberson

Chubberson Member

Cyanide Username:
    Chubberson
    Country Flag:
    2B for the Band of the White Hand. MD1 was an admin draw against Hawcas Lizards, MD2 was a 2-2 draw with Zulu's Khemri and MD3 was a 2-0 win over Mr Apostoli's Chorfs in which we move busted his niggled claw pomber and mng another Chorf and gobbo before he conceded on turn 5. Orcs, Orcs, Khorne, Chaos and Rats to come. Hopefully we have a team left at seasons end.

7. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Hm. Lots of concessions this season. I saw some T3 Chaos chicken out midgame and hide in the corner against his Nurgle opponent earlier this season, and now this...

Anyway, have you lost any players yet? You're a third of the season in after all.

8. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    Oh nice, we get to see another 51spp rule enacted! I think that will be 3/3 Chorfs getting it too. Rather amusing in my opinion.

edit: Or at least it better be. A Chorf conceding due to having 3 injuries on turn 5 is ridiculous. Especially since none were dead. I've had worse than that many times and played it out anyway.

9. Chubberson

Chubberson Member

Cyanide Username:
    Chubberson
    Country Flag:
    I'm not sure what happened, Doomy sounded pissed, only 1 51spp player but I think it was a pm and a chicken award. He's got tough games to come too. No bad losses yet Nik, a death saved to BH on my block fend dauntless Lino and a mng on my str4 blitzer, touch wood it stays that way, but it won't!! Silfuins orcs next, should be a tough one. Fend is awesome on humans! It may have had something to do with him burning his apo's. One on a 2D uphill on my pomber another to save his claw pomber from death. His str5 bull also had a date with my dirty player.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  10. notafunhater

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    1B: My Disciples managed to outmaneuver PimpWizard's Delfinite Article to the tune of 3-1.

His team is like mine used to be, with 3 superstar Blitzers (one ST4, one AG5), a ST4 blodge pass runner, and a wracklestep/MB witch. Yikes. We got a Wizard and a couple babes, managed to use the fireball to get a defensive TD on turn 8, then managed 2 TDs on my offensive drive in the second half, the second on turn 16 to ice the game. And even better, nobody died. All in all a good result for us.

11. AllyRdr

AllyRdr Member

Country Flag:
    Quick update from 5A, currently sitting on 4 wins and 2 losses with my woodies.

12. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    2 wins and 3 draws with my Undead in 1B, but Kazman next. :(

13. Chubberson

Chubberson Member

Cyanide Username:
    Chubberson
    Country Flag:
    Sounds like all four of us are going ok :D 1 guy that I referred on to the OCC rage bailed after not progressing with his Norse after one season and 4 MD's so out of guilt I picked up the extra game a week. Had a net synch error with Borke and the wiz was gone T5/6 deep in my half. His end showed the pick up, I could get 2D without the assist but the game was on a knife edge. We replayed, Borke had some rough2D and it was over by T8 when I fouled Adjudicator nuts off KO not to return. I felt bad for Borke but that's BB I Spose. 3-2-1 in 3rd on TD diff with BarmiArmis Khorne, StuMCC's Orcs and Nithons rats to come. Don't know what to take if my Str 4 Guard Tckle blitzer hits 51, any suggestions? Fired my DP/kicker with the double niggle and glad I did.

14. Ging

Ging Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ging
    Country Flag:
    Stand Firm, Frenzy or MB would all go nicely on that blitzer.
    You could also make a case for Break Tackle, although that probably depends on how much mobility you already have on the team.

15. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Draw against Kaz after we both snaked GFI:s into the endzone with the ballcarrier. So 2-4-0 so far, and division leaders (5-1-0) Arwens Arrows next.

16. jounisii

jounisii Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    Boys are 3-2-1 currently. The funny thing is that all the 14 players, including 6 linos, are at least lvl 2 and TV is 2240k :D Waiting for an imminent massacre...

17. notafunhater

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    You know it's coming. Maybe I've been taking all the casualties for you?

18. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    The Judge Mentals just got their first win of the season, following 6 straight losses, so sitting at 1-0-6. I've had to replace my Troll 4 times already this season. The DP Gobbo I had is also dead, the secondary Skaven Blitzer (lvl 5) was retired after a Niggle I believe, and the Block/Guard Lino is dead.

On the other hand, what's left of the team is still quite functional, pretty good ball stealing capability, so if only I can have my new Troll and Blitzer survive a tiny bit longer, the team might have some fight left in them.

19. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    3-4-0 now after a lucky win against AA, putting me shared second with Kazman who's getting 4-1-2 after his fellow Skaven (going to 0-0-7) concede the game ahead of time, presumably in support of his ratty brethren. (position also shared with Coachman, who beat up Glokta 4-0)

Scores are thus
    16 13 13 13 11 10 10 9 9 5 0
    with two games left to play.

Horribly even, and I could end up first or relegate - although at least relegation now seems unlikely. Pimpwizards midtable darkies and the 0-0-7 Skaven left for me (Skaven first).
    Promotion does demand that Kazman or Coachman falter - Kaz has got one safe win and finishes off with a slightly more difficult game against Robbo, Coachman is scheduled against notafunhater and tubragg, which means games he should win, but could possibly lose.

20. Silfuin

Silfuin Member

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    Didn't post much this season, but I feel the need now, to out my idiocy so you all can make fun of me with the hopeful consequence to improve the mood of you all.

I was not bad in Div2 with a record of 3-2-1 after MD6, and I was preparing for the last 3 matches which promising to be the most difficult of teh season, being against the 2 leader of the standing and against a seasoned Khemri team which outstrength and outmanoeuvers me.

I was looking forward to my match against Hawca's leader yesterday but when I connecte I noticed that MD had already rolled.
    Guess what? I botched it all and showed up to play on the wrong day.
    That meant an admin loss, no SPPs, No injured players for Hawca and no fouls for the dirty git competition.
    Yes, I know, I am an idiot.
    Laugh and be happy gents.

Tonight I have my match against the aforementioned Khemri, will post later.