1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyanide BBTactics in the OFL Season 13

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by 20phoenix, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Barristan

Barristan Member

Country Flag:
    Same Gusya who's bringing Khorne to OCC T1 next season I guess? Nice result indeed, grats :)

2. Remthar

Remthar Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Vamps lose their second match vs chorfs. Things looked really good early on after the hobs failed two pick ups in a row, and then when they did pick up I was able to get a 2dice on the ball. But I rolled only pushes, dodge rolls went bad and a rookie Bull K.Oed Wild Bill, who stayed out all match. Couldn't recover and went into second half down 1.

I'm receiving, aiming for a quick score, and the bulls blitz. I'm just barely able to get the ball out of the mass of chorfs (needed the pro, dodge and TRR for a simple run of 2+s) and try to run the ball up the opposite side from the one I intended after the chorfs load it.

my MA7 vamp survives a hob blitz, and blitz his way up the side, and looks clear to blitz through for a score if he can pass BL... but a rookie Bull dodges away from a marking thrall and sprints the length of the field to box me in. I try some ricky dodges, but fail a 3+ with a reroll and lose the ball. While the chorfs have a terrible time trying to pick it up, I'm down to one Vamp who keeps getting knocked down and surrounded. A Bull centaur eventually picks up to win the game 2-0 to the chaos dwarves.

Rough D6 for that match, but everyone's still alive at least. Really hoping for good cash rolls, I have so much I need to buy!

3. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Sadly despite being your #1 fan this season I expected this to be a tough one and bet against you in pickems :(

How's the bank looking now?

4. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    The Autobeards are off to a decent start after 2 MDs. After a rather unlucky loss vs Ging I get a rather lucky win vs Danton, I got enough money for an apo and even 40k to spare. Got Block on a Hobo and Dusty Hill, my FA Bull got MVP to get him to level 6 and MB to go with his already impressive arsenal of skills (Blodge, BT, Tackle).

Now to face Gusya for a payback for last season's Pest-murdering shenanigans...

5. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Chorfs seem to be sweepings all before them this week. Hope I can reverse the trend.

6. Remthar

Country Flag:
    Not sure what winning are yet, still need Thul to validate. Rolled a 1 for my first game, which didn't help :rolleyes:

If Trickice hadn't been down two blockers (including a MB claw one) I would have expected to lose too, but I thought I had this match until I lost the first Vamp K.Oed. Turns out three Vamps can just about pull off plays between them, but two just isn't enough. I got trapped pulling Hero plays with no options for real tactics. :(

With luck I should have enough gold to buy a new vamp after week 3. After that I'm not sure what to purchase next. 4th reroll, 5th Vamp or more thralls?

And grats on the win Barm. I picked you to win you last match and lose this one, so I'm assuming you did things this way around to spite me :p

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  7. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    If you haven't rolled a thrall double by then I would go vamp, reroll, thrall. I wouldn't add the fifth until you'd added at least another thrall to the party but that's just personal preference. You might find a different order better considering the FAs are mostly highly skilled.

8. Barmution

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Thanks Rem!

Also, I tend to get the opposite result of whatever people bet on me to get, so bear that in mind when you place your money ;)

9. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Do after 3 days my first experience with Slann is a disaster. I've lost 3 games and a dodge catcher FA, oh and my Block Guard blitzer FA is niggled. Apo has done squat but at least last game the oerm landed on a mercenary blitzed. On the bright side all the games have been competitive. I wouldn't say I've been unlucky just that I'm not too far off the pace. Main problem I think has been doing too much. Just because you can usually make a play with leap doesn't mean you should.

10. Remthar

Country Flag:
    Rough times TS, slann look really hard to get the hang of. And to level, seems Thul must have left the stunty in there after all! Hope things turn around for you soon!

11. Barmution

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Ouch, TS :(

If it's any consolation they seem to better once they get a smattering of skills on some key players. And you're definately onto something with regards to Leap: 3+ should always be a last resort, especially if you plan to do more than one...

12. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Thanks for the encouragement, knew what I was letting myself in for so I'm not too discouraged. But I'll be damned if I still have the worst circus team by the end of the season. Big match coming up next, mirror showdown with Larkstar.

13. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Yeah Circus are hard to get going. My rats beat Ging's team 4-0 yesterday and he didn't do much leaping in general.

Of course it helped that the dice went my way more often than not and that my big bad Clpomb rat was stretchering frogs off the pitch at regular intervals... ;)

14. Ging

Ging Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ging
    Country Flag:
    +1 to this TS.

Leaping on a 3+ is something I only use as a last resort, as danton alludes to below.
    I think you have more catchers than me, so you do have a little bit more leap reliability, but its still something I'm wary of.

Those rats ran riot alright.
    I think I'll just have to put it down as "one of those games", and hope Ming has hung up his boots by MD14 (or someone has hung them up for him!). :D

15. jounisii

jounisii Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    Shaking Pelves, a pro elf team with obnoxious coach, have struggled thru their 1st 3 divisional matches. 2-2 against Dode's lizzies, 2-1 win over pact of CharlieBanks and 2-2 draw against Matts373's EMOs. A decent start as rlfies are the points co-leaders of their division.

But the attrition has been horrible. FA wrodge catcher dead along with 2 rookie linos. To add more pain, 1 lino is MA busted and another 1 has a niggle. On the other hand, they have gained 4levels. All normals, except for that niggling lino. He rolled 6+6, but turned it down to take DP :D At this rate, I'll have a whole team when we are about to start season 15...

16. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Yay :D :D :p

17. jounisii

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    How come the stinkies are trying to bully my poor elfies?!?! Ok, I remember why this guy does it. He managed to dodge my pelves this season. Big words not fitting to your mouth used there 20p :D

18. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    My only objective this season is to obliterate jounisii's team from the face of existence! :D

19. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Stinkies don't like elves. The coach does but the players don't ;)

20. jounisii

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    Oh. Mr whiskers has something to say. Anything to do with the ass whoopings I've given you? And sure, bring that chinese dynasty fellow around, me loves a good elf booting :p

And sort of poor explanation, 20p. To like elves is to play them. For that stupidity I'll score an extra TD against you just that you'd learn :D:D:D