1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyanide BBTactics in the OFL Season 13

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by 20phoenix, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    By the way, danton, time for Ming to finish the dismantling of my currently completely useless team (or if it is just me)

When's a good time to play 19:30 GMT? (Wednesday and probably Thursday is likely to be bad days)

2. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Ha - to think 6 months ago I was criticised for playing too many mobility sides :p

Someone has to control the elf epidemic in the OFL - being the selfless type I humbly volunteered ;)

What I do I do for the greater good :D

3. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    You are right, everybody does indeed love a good elf booting! ;)

I can play today from 18 gmt for a couple of hours (unless Sizemore appears and can play then). Failing that the only days I can play at 19:30 gmt are Weds or Fri.

Edit: it seems that Sizemore can play today after all, so Weds or Fri as above.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  4. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Friday 19:30 GMT works excellently for me. See you then. :)

5. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    The Depesticons wagon keeps rolling with a 1-0 win over Gusyas Khorne. Some lovely touchline play by Gusya to crowdsurf a warrior compressed a lot of the early action to the sideline whersthe remaining warriors made themselves a nuisance. A double skull from Gusya gave me a great opportunity to retrieve the ball and retrieve it I did after surfing three Khornites in the same turn. The remaining Khornites were tied up in the middle of the pitch and no-one got near Onslaught to prevent the score.

Neither of my KOs returned so I was down a player for the second half. Another unexpected surf attempt on Gus' first turn succeeded as one of the rotters disappeared off the pitch but a lot of players were committed so the Depesticons went the other way. A couple of turns later the cage was pried open and Bombur, the ST4 herald, put Vortex on his arse. Gus was then able to dodge in and retrieve the ball from a TZ but couldnt get it safe. The rest of the half was a scrum for the ball which got closer and closer to the sideline but the daemons couldnt get a grip on it and a last turn longshot attempt to retrieve the ball and pass it downfield failed.

Dirge was killed by Bombur but that was the only casualty I received. The blodge herald took a MNG for the daemons but the other two casualties were both BH. MVP to Starscream gets me my third warrior with block and with Phenex, the newly traded warrior, picking up a casualty too it means i'm one casualty away from a full set of block warriors. Good times

6. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Holy crap, 20! You're really off to a flying start with those Nurgle. Took me way too long to get 4 Block NWs and you're almost there in 4 games. Glad to hear that Nurgle is being well represented ;)

In more personal news I took a dice-laden loss against Gusya in MD3 and another dice-laden win against Ken. Getting more and more tired of the lack of balanced matches... not saying that the outcomes would've been different but when the difference in dice is as big as it was it's really hard to feel that one's playing a game where skill is supposed to be the deciding factor.

7. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    I'm suffering from the same problem a bit. BBM tells me the dice were mostly even but it sure didn't feel that way when Gus was skulling for fun in the first half.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  8. timdog

timdog Member

Country Flag:
    Ok, I've spoken with Norse and Thul and we have a grateful green light :) Thul is thrilled :D. Norse is going to start looking in to the costs involved and get back to us. Thul gave some really good tips so we know exactly what he's looking for, now its to see if we can make it happen.

I forget who said they'd take care of the communication but can that someone basically email the league and start getting an idea of incoming funds? IF we go custom its probably out of our price range (in the $1000 ish range) but if norse can customize it's probably low cost high norse work.

Cheers,

Tim

9. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    If I don't have to talk I'm happy to help shell out for metals, paints and beer for a norse job.

10. timdog

timdog Member

Country Flag:
    Okay, we have a tentative goal.

Thul want's a pretty specific model that looks like his guy in BB, and no one makes this model. For about $100 Norse can make a fair mock up, but it ultimately will be limited, there's only so much he can do. For about $400 he thinks he can use his contacts to get a custom model made, which will be pretty much bang on since it will be made to order.

So, go forth and fundraise lol. Once we get some money commitments we'll have to figure out how to get them to Norse. This is new territory for me so if anyone has any idea's let me know!

11. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    PayPal takes a small cut but is fairly flexible and easy to use(yeah, they're jerks but their stuff works). I also hear that Google Wallet payments are pretty easy to set up for the US, but as a resident of Norway I don't know a lot about how to do that.

12. Larkstar

Larkstar Active Member

Country Flag:
    Crap, I really should pop over to these boards more often! Sorry Tim! I had offered to send the email to the OFL crew. Thank you for handling that!

My suggestion would be to ask someone who already has a Paypal account set up and has experience with it (like Mardaed) if he would be willing to accept everyone's donations. Then he can postal mail a check to Norse?

13. timdog

timdog Member

Country Flag:
    Actually Norse has a papyal account (as you know now if you are reading the mass pms lol) so people can go there direct. one step easier :)

14. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    I'll be passing on $20, but I've not got that kind of cash right now (silly, I know) but will have by salary time.

As for playing, danton was this weeks opponent. He didn't completely eviscerate my team, and a very lucky one oneturner allowed me to draw even.

15. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    So Hattifnstter's Parade continue to be the most stunningly inept team of all time. Played a circus vs circus mirror match last night. First half was pretty even but my players wouldn't stop leaving the pitch (Lark had 21 on his 2d6) managed to steal the ball and get it to my blodge catcher but he rolled pows every time he blitzed him). With 6 vs 11 players for most of the game I lost 2-0. The good news is that two of my clown levelled. Except one of them was a hot prospect who promptly busted and got sent back to 1 spp.

FML

16. jounisii

jounisii Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    Shaking Pelves record a 2-1 win over SD's chaos dudes. Man, this seems to an easy league, no losses yet :D

17. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    I should have put you in division 1, not 3, then. :p

18. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Almost. I sent in a suggestion, Thul pointed out something he didn't like with it, I remade it and he said, "that looks nice" and used it.

(Since he had explained his reasoning behind making divisions so thoroughly I could make them, and it wasn't that much leeway, more like number crunching)

19. jounisii

jounisii Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    I-do-dodge-elves-if-ever-given-chance-Ken has spoken more than a mouthful...

20. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    If you had performed better last season maybe you'd have been in another division (or if I had performed worse :p)